Move In With Me

Till Death Do Us Part

It’s been 3 months since Suzy’s death. After her funeral, I had secluded myself from everything and everyone… Except for one person… You guessed it. Jieun has been helping me with my loss. She would buy me groceries and she would even cook for me.

“You know you don’t have to do all these things for me.” I would tell her.

“I understand what you’re going through oppa… Don’t worry, I’ll take care of you.” She would say. I am really grateful for having Jieun around. One day I was sulking in m living room and Jieun walked through the front door with some more groceries.

“Hey oppa… how are you doing today?” She asked dully. I looked at her suspiciously.

“I’m fine…” I said. “How are you doing?”

“I’m… okay…” I said.

“What’s wrong?”

“What do you mean?”

“You know what I mean…” I stared her down and she sighed.

“Alright…” She sat down next to me and I faced her. “The hotel I’m staying at is getting a bit expensive for me. I need a job, but there’s no job that will pay me enough to stay in the hotel.”

“So what are you going to do?”

“I guess I have to go back overseas and stay with my aunt…” She said sadly. “It’s funny… I just got back and I have to leave again.” She looked at me with sad eyes and my heart broke. I just lost Suzy and now Jieun is going to leave? She saw my reaction and hugged me. “Promise you’ll call and don’t change your number unless you tell me, okay?”

“You don’t have to go you know?” I told her. She chuckled and pulled away from. I saw a tear fall down her cheek, but she quickly wiped it away.

“I would love not to go oppa… but I have no place to stay.”

“You could stay with me.” Her eyes widened and I cleared my throat. I know what you’re thinking. You just lost your wife and you’re inviting another girl to live with you?? Well I can’t let Jieun leave!! She’s the only person I can trust now.

“What?” She asked, still a bit shocked by my offer.

“You could stay with me.” I repeated.

“N-no… I-I couldn’t do that…”

“Why not? You’ve helped me so much, I want to help you.” I said. She looked at me, unsure. “So what do you say?”

“Well…. If you really don’t mind--”

“I don’t…” She smiled and gave me another hug.

“Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!” She said excitedly. “You are the bestest best friend in the whole wide world!!”

“I know…” I said with a smile. “But you’ll still need to pay rent.” She looked at me and smiled. She giggled.

“I’d do anything!! As long as I get to stay in Seoul! I hated leaving the first time.” She kissed my cheek and I felt my face turn red. “Thank you again oppa…” She said. “I’ll go to the hotel and pack my things!!” I smiled and she ran out of the house excitedly. I touched my cheek, where Jieun kissed me. I noticed that my face was still red and now I had butterflies. I haven’t felt like this since… forever! I’m sorry to say, but Suzy never made me feel like this waay either. Jieun has always made me feel this way, but because we’re such good friends, I tried my best to push those feelings aside.

Later that night, Jieun came with all her things and I helped her settle in. -She was going to be staying in the guest room- After she put all her things away and decorated her room, we sat there, just talking about the things we used to do together and what has changed since then.

“Remember that horrible girl you used to date??” She asked. “What was her name again? Han Mi?”

“Oh come on~ She wasn’t that bad.” I said.

“Really? The girl only dated you because you had money…”

“Yeah but--”

“She wasn’t your type…”

“Oh? And what is my type?”

“Well… it should be someone who will take care of you and can be completely faithful to you…”

“You mean like Taeyang?”

“Just because I had a thing for Taeyang it doesn’t mean he was the perfect guy for me… That’s why I was happy that you found a girl like Suzy.” My heart broke at the sound of her name. "At least I knew she took care of you.”

“What about you?” I asked.

“What about me?”

“When are you going to get a boyfriend?”

“Why do you ask?”

“Well I don’t ever remember a time when you had a boyfriend.”

“I guess I’m just waiting for the right one…”

“And who would be the right one for you?”

“I don’t know… I guess I want someone who will love me for me, someone who will wake up every morning and say that I look beautiful, even if I look like the cookie monster. I want someone who will take care of me and I will do the same for him.” She eyes looked as though she was deep in though. I smiled, I don’t know why, but I did. She looked at me and chuckled. “I know… I sound like a love sick puppy huh?”

“No…” I said, as I moved closer to her. “But I will say this… You won’t find that someone if you just keep to yourself. You need to go out there and look for him.” I smiled and she smiled back. We talked about it a bit longer and then it was time for bed.

The next day, I was in the living room getting my things together for work tomorrow. It was going to be the first time I would be back in the dance studio since my…. Loss. As I was getting the last of my things, Jieun came down from upstairs and she looked…. Beautiful. She was dressed in a white sun dress and she had a big hat on. She looked at me and smiled.

“How do I look?” She asked. I didn’t know what to say. I was completely speechless, she was so beautiful, it took my breath away. She frowned and looked down at her dress. “Is it that bad??"

“No!! No…” I said. She looked at me. “You look good… really.”

“Thank you.” She said with a smile. I couldn’t take my eyes off of her. “What?”

“N-nothing…” I said, looking away from her. “So… Where are you going?”

“Well I thought about what you said… and I’m going to go out with…” She looked at me. “Someone…”

“Oh…” I said sadly. Why was I sad? I should be happy. I mean, I gave her good advice… right? “Well, w-who are you going out with?”

“Umm…” She hesitated. There was a knock at the door and she and I looked at each other. I ran to the door and she ran after me. “Wooyoung don’t you da--” Before she could finish her sentence, I swung the door open and my eyes widened.

“Yah!! Wooyoung-ah!!”

“T-Taeyang?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello~ Sorry for the long update... I have 2 other stories to update so please bare with me... :( thank yo for all your comments and I hope you like this chapter.