Capture

Revenge

 

 

 

 

The wind was so chill tonight. TOP stand in front of his tent and stare at the darkness. ‘Is it truth or rumour?’

‘Truth.’ Taeyang was standing next to him.

‘Then it is the time.’ TOP had learn before to keep his feelings buried, and that’s what he do now. ‘We leave tonight.’

‘But, there is something else you need to know, Your Highness. As you predicted, Kim Jong Kook will marry the eldest prince and their wedding is just a few hours away.’

‘Before the King’s funeral?’ TOP give a cynical laugh. ‘I’m sure the prince must be very sad.’

‘Kim Jong Kook must be twenty years older than him,’ Taeyang murmured. ‘What he look at older man like him.’

‘Continue to live lavishly in the palace and enjoy all the benefits that should never belong to him to begin with.’ TOP stare at the mesmerazing yellow line in front him. ‘He is the son of the cruel man. Don’t waste your sympathy.’

‘If they married, than it will be harder for you to take the throne.’

‘Which is why I intend to stop the wedding.’

Taeyang give TOP a startled look. ‘So you intend to go ahead with your plan? Even though what you’re suggesting is—’

‘That’s the only option available.’ TOP cut’s Taeyang words abruptly.

TOP suddenly stop when he heard commotion in the darkness. Two bodyguards suddenly emerged to protect him. They were the men who had followed him for years, since the massacre killing of his father. They were the men who would die for him.

Taeyang also take a step forward to protect TOP.

TOP moved gently, but firmly to the side but Taeyang protested. ‘Go. Go! It could be the attempt to kill you again.’

Aware that Taeyang had a weapon in his hand, TOP fixed his eyes on the lean figure of a boy who was captured by his guards.

‘We found him wandering around our camp. He’s alone and he say he has a message for Prince Choi Seunghyun.’

Knowing that his guards were protecting his identity, TOP signal them to bring the boy forward. His hands were tied and as the guards released him the boy stumble and fell onto his knees. TOP stare at the boy and notice that the robes he wear is too big for his body.

‘What message do you have for Prince Choi Seunghyun?’ Taeyang ask.

‘I need to speak to the Prince personally.’ The boy mutter and the words were barely audible.

The guards smirk. ‘Someone like you don’t even deserve to get near the Prince.’

‘I need to see him. Please.’ The boy said keeping his head down.

“Take him away.” Taeyang made an order. The guards drag the boy to his feet and he gasped in pain.

‘No!’ The boy struggle recklessly. ‘I have to speak to the Prince now. Please. The future of the country depends on it.’

TOP stare at the boy and speak. ‘Take him to my tent.’

Taeyang and the bodyguards exchange unbelievable look.

‘Do it,’ TOP command, but still the guards hesitate to do it.

‘Strip him first. Search the boy’s body—’

‘Take him to my tent and then leave us.’

Taeyang touch TOP’s shoulder. ‘I have never questioned your decisions before, Your Highness, but this time I beg you, at least keep the bodyguards with you.’

‘You think I can’t defend myself?’

‘What I think is Kim Jong Kook will try anything at this last stage of game. He is afraid and desperate, and desperate man should never be underestimated. I think it could be a trap.’

‘I agree.’ One of TOP’s loyal bodyguards said. ‘I’ll come with you.’

TOP put his hand on his loyal bodyguard’s shoulder that he treat like his brother. ‘Please trust me.’

‘If anything happened to you—’

‘Make sure I’m not disturb.’ Without wasting a time TOP dismiss his bodyguard and walk inside his tent. He close his tent to protect them from prying eyes.

The boy was on his knees in the corner of the tent with his hands still tied. TOP study the figure a moment and then come over and cut the rope with his knife in one swift motion. ‘Stand up.’

The boy hesitate, and then try to stand up, but only to fall again. ‘I don’t think I can stand—’ The words were uttered through clenched teeth. ‘I think my ankle is injured when I fell.’

TOP look down at the slender figure that still bowed his head. ‘Tell me why you’re here.’

‘I will talk only to Prince Choi Seunghyun.’

‘Then speak,’ TOP command.

The boy lift up his head in shock. Under the robes, his eyes become wide. ‘Y-You’re him?’

‘I’m the one asking the questions.’ TOP said while put his knife back. ‘And the first thing I want to know is what a son of a dead king doing sneaking around my camp in the middle of the night. Why are you walking into my lair unguarded?’

 

 

whats you guys thinking about the story so far (#^.^#)