Hiding

Revenge

 

 

 

Seungri and Jonghun pressed each other mouth after hearing footsteps coming. But their movement had made the curtain moved. They had held themselves rigid waiting for the curtain to be still, feeling afraid that the slightest movement will exposed them away.

‘We have searched the whole palace but the prince are nowhere to be found.’

‘They can’t just vanished.’ The voice was harsh and Seungri instantly recognise the owner of the voice. It was Kim Jong Kook’s voice, their father’s cousin, and if his father’s last wishes were carried out, he is his soon to be husband. The man is brutal and even and more power hungry than his father.

In that moment, Seungri saw his future and it was blacker than being inside the curtain.

‘Find them. Try the library. The older one is always there. The younger one is hard to control. After this I will sent him out of the country. The people will soon forget him. My marriage to the elder one will take place before dawn. Luckily he is the quiet one and always obey.’

‘He didn’t even know our name’, Seungri thought numbly as they way Kim Jong Kook addressed their name. Heck Seungri even doubt if Joong Kook knows how he look like. Hearing what Kim Jong Kook’s words really scared Seungri. Of everything that was happening, the prospect of losing his twin brother would be the worst.

‘Why rush into the marriage?’

‘Because we both know that as soon as he finds out about the King’s death, he will come.’

'He will come.'

Seungri know exactly who ‘he’ Kim Jong Kook was referring. And he also know why Kim Jong Kook was afraid. So afraid he couldn’t bring himself to speak the name. The fear of the returning of the rightful ruler of the country. Despite his father banning the people from mentioning his enemy’s name, the true heir is a hero in the people’s eyes.

In a small moment of personal rebellion, Seungri thought the name.

 

Choi SeungHyun.