United against a common enemy

Revenge

 

 

 

 

‘I don’t know where His Highness is.’ Onew answer rudely before leave.

Seungri spent the rest of the day beside the pond. It’s been two days he had not seen or hear news about the Prince. Guilt was driving him crazy, what if Onew’s word is right? That he only made the things worse.

It was late night when he heard the sound of few horses stop at the camp. When he heard the Prince’s voice giving instruction to his man, Seungri immediately feel relief.

Seungri is overwhelm by concern. He want to go and ask the Prince where he had gone for this two days but he stop his action. They don’t even know each other. What the Prince will think if he act like that?

He let out a heavy sigh as he sit on his bed.He wish there was a book --or anything he could read that could give him clues how he suppose to do.   

Seungri heard a splash of the water in the pond. He hesitated for a moment, but then slid quietly from his bed and peek through the open canvas in the tent. It was dark, but because of the moon light he could see the Prince swimming.

His eyes can’t move from those bare and powerful shoulders when the Prince swim. Wait. What’s he doing? Stalking the Prince?

TOP has swim back and already out from the water...ummhhh....

Seungri shot back into his bed like thunder, feeling terrified of being caught. It’s not he never see a man before. He’s a man too.

He close his eyes tightly. Wait. Why is he acting like this? It’s not the Prince is going to come to him.

A moment later he heard someone walking inside his tent, Seungri want to open his eyes but his guts say no. So he lay in the bed-- still.

‘Let me give a tip for the future. No one is that tense when they sleep.’

TOP’s deep voice made Seungri open his eyes and giving up his poor acting. He wake up from the bed and see the Prince sit on the chair at the end of the bed wearing only pants and no shirt. The Prince really look breathtaking and y.

Seungri feel heat across his face. There was not much light in his tent because the servant only lit one candle only but he can see the Prince. He really thanks to the faint light because it really conceal his blushing face.

‘Where have you been, Your Highness?’ Seungri ask try to divert his semi prevert mind while standing beside his bed.

‘I don’t like to reveal my plans to anyone— especially to a stranger that I married only three days ago.’

Seungri feel awkward by the Prince’s answer. But then he wondered why the Prince come to his tent. Did the Prince has news about his twin brother.

‘Is there a news about my brother?’

TOP answer shortly while close his eyes. ‘No.’

One word but it really made Seungri feel sick and suddenly reality struck him. ‘The situation is bad, isn’t it? If not, we would have heard news about him.’

TOP open back his eyes. ‘If your brother alive then my men will find him.’

‘If?’ Seungri feel a lump stuck at his throat.

‘Do you want false hope? Because I can’t give you that. I trust my men will be able to find him, until then I want you to think positive. I’m sure your brother will find a way to survive.’

‘But, both of us only spent most of our time in the palace. I’m sure he doesn’t know to survive.’

‘Both of you really have a luxury life.’

Seungri feel his heart sting by TOP’s words, ‘That is unfair. You know nothing about our life.’

‘You’re the King’s sons. Don’t tell me that you don’t get all the privilege.’

‘We ....’ Seungri hesitate to continue. ‘The reason is we never go out and don’t have knowledge of what happen outside the palace.’

‘Did you ever try to go out?’

Seungri’ heart was pounding hard. ‘Yes.’

‘What happened?’

He feel his mouth was dry. The sudden appearance of a memory that he try to buried deep down make his body trembling and his hand sweat.

‘There are some aspects of our life that we don’t want to encounter, Your Highness.’ Seungri desperate statement made the Prince give him a questioning look.

TOP look at Seungri for a long time before wake up from the chair. ‘The reason I come here is to tell you that we have to move again.’

‘Where are we going this time?’ Seungri can’t help to ask TOP.

‘We going meet King Yang. His son is my best friend and the King is willing to offer protection to us.’ TOP don't know why he tell Seungri but his guts say that he can trust his 'bride'.

King Yang, who control the eastern country is the enemy of his father, the King. ‘United against a common enemy,’ Seungri murmured quietly but TOP heard what he say.

‘We are not going to talk about that now.’ TOP already make a move but stop at the door of the tent. ‘I’m sure we will get some news about your brother soon, don’t worry.’ he said while give Seungri assured look before turn away.