Run away

Revenge

 

 

 

 

As the door closed behind them Seungri and Jonghun immediately pulled out from each other and gasping for air.

‘They’ve gone. We’re safe.’ Seungri said as he peep around the heavy curtain.

‘Safe? Seungri, that overweight monster is going to marry you before dawn and he’s going to separate us away.’

Seungri heard the crack voice in his twin’s voice and grip his twin’s hand tight. ‘No, he won’t. I’m not going to allow him to do that to us.’

‘How can you stop it? I don’t care what happens, but I want us to stay together. It’s been the two of us for so long I can’t imagine any other life. I need you to stop me opening my big mouth when I should close it and you need me to stop you from turning into bookworm.’

Jonghyun’s voice sound sad and Seungri felt crushed by the weight of responsibility. ‘I promise we won’t be separated.’

‘How can you promise that?’

‘I don’t know yet. But I’m thinking...’

‘Well, think fast, because in a few hours they will kick me and you’ll be in that monster’s bed.’

‘Jonghun!’ Seungri shocked at his twin’s words.

‘It’s true.’ A dimple appear at the corner of Jonghyun’s cheek. Seungri feels a lump in his throat. No matter what situation they in, Jonghyun always managed to pull a joke.

‘I don’t want us seperated.’ Seungri couldn’t even bear to think of that option.

Jonghyun peek cautiously across the room. ‘Is our father really dead?’

‘Yes.’ Seungri try to find some emotion inside him but all he felt was numb. ‘Are you sad?’

‘Why would I be sad? This is only the fifth time I’ve ever seen him in person and I don’t think this one counts so that’s only four times. He made our lives hell and he’s still making it hell even though he’s dead.’ Jonghun’s eyes darkened with anger.

‘Do you know what I wish? I wish Prince Choi would come and claim the throne. I will cheer him. In fact I will be so grateful that I would marry him myself and give him a hundred babies just to make sure his line is safe.’

Seungri try not to look at their father’s body lying on the bed. Even dead, he didn’t want to see him.

‘He wouldn’t want marry you. You are the son of the man responsible for the death of his father. He hates us and I can’t blame him for that.’ Seungri hate himself too, for sharing the blood of a cruel man.

‘He should marry one of us. Then no one would be able to challenge him and that monster will say bye bye to the throne.’

So typical of Jonghyun and Seungri want to dismiss the idea away but how he’s going to let it go when his marriage was only a few hours away.

Suddenly an idea popped up in Seungi mind. ‘Jonghun—’

‘I’m not marrying that monster.’ Seungri made his decision. ‘I’m not going to let that happen.’

‘How can you stop it? He can only be the King if he marry you.’

‘Then he will not marry me.’

Jonghun look at his twin sadly. ‘He is going to force you.’

‘If he can’t find me, he can’t force me.’ Not dare to give too much thought to what he was about to do. Seungri run to their father’s dressing room and take a couple of robes. Then he hand one robes at his twin.

‘Put this on. Cover your hair and your face. Wait for me here. I need to get something from the library before we leave.’

‘How can you think of books right now?’

‘I’ll be quick,’ Seungri was about to go before he caught a worried look on Jonghyun’s face.

‘The important thing is that we’re going to escape from here. Think of it as a game we used to play and the horse—can you actually ride the horse?’

‘Of course!’ Jonghun said in hesitation.

‘OK, we will take the back route to the stables.’

‘Where are we going to go?’

Seungri felt his mouth dry and his brain was telling him that this was a terrible idea. ‘We’re going to find the Prince.’