Chapter 7

Everything Has Changed

“What should I do Bomi-yah? I can’t think of anything right now.”

 

I looked at Myungsoo with pity. I just don’t understand why he is having so much problems about his feelings with Seunghwan.

 

“You know what? There was a time that I used to wonder how you and Yixing became close automatically. Now I know.”

 

He looked at me with a confused expression.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. You know what I mean. You both become chicken when it comes to the girl that you like. You’re having problems with Seunghwan while Yixing is having problems with Ara. And both of you are asking for my help. What do I know about those stuff? You know that I never had a relationship before.”

 

“But you’re a girl Bomi-yah. You might be able to figure out what Seunghwan is thinking about.”

 

“Seunghwan and I are two different people and I don’t personally know her so how can I know what she feels?”

 

“You want me to introduce to her? For you to be friends.”

 

I looked at him with pity and sighed.

 

“You’re both hopeless cases.”

 

“Yah! Yoon Bomi you’re just saying that because you’ve never been in love. If you ever experience this feeling let’s see if you’ll still be sane.”

 

“I can see that. You and Yixing are solid evidence that love can make you crazy that’s why I don’t have plans of falling in love. Anyway, why don’t you ask help from Joohyun? I thought she and Seunghwan are close?”

 

“She doesn’t want to help me.”

 

“Same with me. You know that I have a lot of problems going on with my life right now and here you are telling me your problem. Kim Myungsoo!”

 

He didn’t answer me and just continued eating while pouting like a child.

 

“Stop doing that. You look disgusting.”


I’ve been calling him for how many times but he’s not answering his phone.

 

The number you dialled is out of coverage area. Please try your call later.

 

Great! Now he turned off his phone. It’s been almost two weeks since his mother hired me as his study buddy but we’ve never been one place except the time when I talked to him at the canteen.

 

After that incident I swear that I won’t approach him first but instead I’m gonna bug him and keep on calling and text him until he gives up. But it looks like he doesn’t even think about seeing me.

 

I decided to go out of the library and go to the dean’s office. I have to tell her everything. That I haven’t done a single thing about her son and I don’t think I can continue this.

 

I would have preferred working in a convenient store because at least I know that the money I earned is from my hardwork.

“The truth is I haven’t- I mean we haven’t studied together. It’s been almost two weeks but we’re not making any progress.”

 

“So what are you trying to say Ms. Yoon?”

 

“I can’t- I can’t continue this work knowing that I’m not doing anything. I can’t receive any payment from the work that I haven’t done.”

 

The dean just smiled and stood up. Then she hugged me. I’m surprised that I didn’t even react until she let go of me and held my hand.

 

“You’re a good person Bomi. I wish that Chanyeol can meet a girl like you.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Never mind. But I’m sorry, I can’t accept your resignation.”

 

“But I’m returning the money. I swear that I haven’t spent even a cent from it.”

 

She didn’t accept the envelope that I gave but instead went back to her seat and get something from her drawer.

 

“I will double your payment just don’t quit. And don’t worry I know my son so I’m not really expecting much development.”

 

Then she gave me another envelope.

 

Just like the last time I’m speechless that I realized I have been waking in the corridor with both the envelope still in my hand. I should be happy about this situation but I really hate receiving money for something that I haven’t done. And this is one of them.


(a/n: I'll be spamming with updates XD)