Chapter 12

Everything Has Changed

“Is there something going on between you and Kim Joonmyun?”

 

“What?”

 

“These past few days you’re always seen together and by the way the likes of your haters club is still increasing and so are the followers of their twitter and instagram account.”

 

Well, what can I expect it’s not yet a month since they made those accounts. That’s why I’m avoiding the internet as long as possible. I act that I don’t care about what they do but there are times when they get into my nerves. I’m still a human being capable of emotions. But I can’t let their schemes affect me so I’ll just choose to ignore them.

 

“I guess I’m pretty famous, eh?”

 

Chorong rolled her eyes.

 

‘Bomi-yah, you can be honest with me. I know these are getting under your skin. I’m your friend but this is seriously pissing me off. I can’t believe they are doing things like these just because they are jealous es.”

 

I’m surprised by the language Chorong used. It’s not her. I mean she doesn’t use words like that, except when she’s really angry. She has that side that’s not really often shown.

 

“Chorong, I can handle this. Yes, it hurts but what can I do? There’s no way that I can stop those hate that I am receiving right now. Besides I’m getting used to it. And I’m so thankful to you for being a true friend.”

 

“I really want to kill Chanyeol for this. He’s my cousin but I swear it doesn’t matter.”

 

“Relax. I told you I can handle this. Just give them some time and eventually they’ll just stop because I’m not giving them my attention.”

 

“Whatever. Anyway let’s go back to Kim Joonmyun, are you two dating?”

 

“Woah! Of course not. There’s nothing going on between us. He’s just helping me and I’m helping him. I’m earning extra money because of him.”

 

“Why?”

 

“He’s my tutee now. We’re in the same course remember and I found out that we’re in the same block also. And he said that he’s having some sort of difficulty because he’s busy with the soccer practice.”

 

“Good.”

 

I looked at her suspiciously. What does her reaction mean? She looked relieved.

 

“Don’t tell me-”

 

But before I could finish my question she interrupted me.

 

“Don’t you dare finish your question Yoon Bomi. There’s no way that I will like that person. He’s clearly not my type.”

 

“That’s not what you said 7 years ago.”

 

I looked up and saw Joonmyun smiling naughtily at Chorong. Then I looked at Chorong and she has that bitter expression on her face. The kind of expression when she sees someone that she doesn’t like.

 

Wait, do they know each other?

 

“Did someone just talked because I thought I heard a voice. But I doubt if it’s important anyway so I’ll just head back to my classroom. The cafeteria suddenly got windy. And uncomfortable.”

 

She said the last word with stress while looking at Joonmyun. Then without waiting for my reply she stood up and gathered her things. She walked out the door and didn’t even turned back. But the most intriguing thing is that she didn’t even bother to look at Joonmyun.

 

And did she just said windy? The cafeteria is a close place.

 

“May I sit down?”

 

“Of course you can. W-what just happened?”

 

“Grand- I mean your friend just walked out. And she seems angry. Did you two fight?”

 

There is something in his tone that I can’t actually name. But I swear it is something.

 

“No, we didn’t. She was just normal not until you arrived. Did you know each other?”

 

“Yes and no. It’s hard to explain. Anyway let’s go to the library. I’m gonna need your help in one of the assignments.”