Chapter 3

Everything Has Changed

I knocked on the door three times after I heard someone said “come in.”

 

I opened the door and saw the dean sitting on her chair while looking at the papers on her hand.

 

“Good morning, ma’am. Namjoo told me that you’re looking for me.”

 

“Hello, Bomi. How are you?”

 

“I-I’m fine.”

 

“Have a seat.”

 

“Thank you.”

 

I nervously sat on the visitor’s chair. Basing on Chorong’s expression there must be something that she had done that I don’t approve. And I’m just hoping that this is not something that I’m thinking of right now.

 

“So I heard from Chorong that you’re looking for a part-time job.”

 

“Ah, yes. I’m kind of financially unstable right now.”

 

“Anyway, I’m very thankful that you accepted my offer. I hope that it can help.”

 

“Offer?”

 

“The tutorial job. Chorong told me that you agreed to my offer. I could really use some help from you. My son isn’t really dumb but he’s just so lazy. I just want someone to guide him in studying. It’s not really a tutor job but more like a study buddy.”

 

“Study buddy?”

 

I probably sound like an idiot repeating everything Mrs. Park is saying but my brain is still processing the fact that Chorong accepted the job for me.

 

“Yes, someone who will nag him to study and encourage him to make his assignments and projects. Chorong even made a joke that nagging is your specialty.”

 

The dean chuckled and I forced a smile. How dare that girl say that my specialty is nagging? She’s not talking about herself, right? Because when it comes to nagging and whining no one can beat the great Park Chorong.

 

“So I hope that you can help my son. Thank you so much Ms. Yoon.”

 

I just nodded because I don’t know what to say. I want to say no and deny everything Chorong said but nothing came out of my mouth.

 

I’m about to open the door when she called me again. I turned around.

 

“By the way I almost forgot. Here is your advance payment for this month.”

 

And the remaining doubt and disagreement inside me about this job disappeared. We’re talking about money which I really need right now so I can’t put myself first.


(a/n: Chanyeol will appear in the next chapter :3)