Chapter 11

Everything Has Changed

When we met that afternoon I swear I like to strangle him until his out of breath. I arrived at his house 10 minutes early so he’s not there yet. After 5 minutes his car arrived and he is with his friend, one of the member of the royalties.

 

“Bomi-yah, hello!”

 

How dare he smile at me like nothing has happened? Doesn’t he know that by what he did he is endangering my existence here in the universe? If those stares from his fan girls can kill I swear I’m dead meat by now. He just made the number of my haters doubled.

 

“Don’t hello me because we’re not close. And why did you bring somebody here? Next, next week is midterms week so we have to study overtime.”

 

He smiled widely and looked at his friend.

 

“You don’t know him?”

 

I know his face but not his name.

 

“Is he famous?”

 

They are both surprised by my answer especially his friend. Why? Do I really have to know them?

 

“Ahm, it would be very embarrassing if I say this myself but yes I’m sort of famous at school. You don’t really know me?”

 

“Well I’m sorry I don’t but just so you know I don’t have interest in famous people at school.”

 

“It’s okay. So by the way my name is Kim Joonmyun, second year psychology.”

 

Then he offered his hand. Any friend of Chanyeol I considered them jerks because I clearly believe in the saying that says “birds with the same feathers flock together” but this one seems nice. So accepted it and shake his hand.

 

“I’m Yoon Bomi. And we’re in the same year and course but I don’t think we’re in the same block.”

 

He smiled at me so I smiled back. He seemed really nice so I wondered how he became friends with my jerk tutee.

 

“I’ll just go upstairs and change.”

 

Then he went inside and left me with his friend.

 

“Actually we’re on the same block.”

 

“Oh really?”

 

“Yeah. You’re Chanyeol’s tutor, right?”

 

“Uhuh. I hope you don’t mind me asking, what are you doing here? He already promised that he will take our lessons seriously.”

 

He didn’t answer me but he just smiled.

 

“He’s here because he wants to ask you something.”

 

I got surprised when Chanyeol suddenly spoke at my back. I turned around and he is leaning on the doorway with hand on his pocket. And he has that smile that really ticks me off. That mischievous smile that will make you think that there’s something that’s going to happen and it’s not good.

 

Then I turned to Joonmyun and he is scratching the back of his head. He gave me a shy smile and from his expression I can tell that he’s debating whether he will say something or not.

 

“So what are you going to ask?”

 

“I know it’s kinda, I mean I don’t think you’ll agree to this but don’t worry I’m gonna pay you for your time.”

 

My forehead creased. What is he talking about? He seems like blabbing things that only he can understand.

 

“I don’t get what do you mean.”

 

“Ahm, the truth is I sort of have difficulty in some of the subjects so can you also tutor me? Even if it’s just once or twice a week that would be a very big help.”

 

“You what?”

 

“He asked you if are you willing to be his tutor, I mean study buddy.”

 

“Why me?”

 

“We’re taking the same course so I figured that I can ask you if there’s something that I don’t understand about our lesson. But don’t worry I will pay you.”


After some negotiation and convincing I finally agreed to Joonmyun’s offer. I know that Chanyeol is happy because he really wants me to get out of his hands. So I agreed to tutor Joonmyun every day in the library during our free time. It’s convenient because we’re in the same course and he seems to be interested in the lessons that I teach him unlike Chanyeol who doesn’t even glance at what I teach.

 

“Aren’t you worried about your reputation?”

 

“What about my reputation?”

 

“Now that I’ve known you I discovered that you are quite famous so is it really okay that you’re seen talking to me?”

 

“Are you some sort of fugitive from the law?”

 

“No I’m not.”

 

“So why should I be worried about my reputation? You’re a nice person and a great companion so instead of being worried I’m thankful.”

 

“Well, thanks.”

 

I gave a genuine smile to him. I’ve known him for over a week and he’s really a nice person. His attitude is a far cry from Chanyeol. He’s a complete gentleman and he’s sensitive with his words. And the most important thing is that he pays attention whenever I say something.

 

But the downside of the situation is that my haters quadrupled in number and they are forming a club in school, they have a facebook page, twitter account, instagram account and a website dedicated just for me. It talks about how I’m planning to seduce all the good-looking and famous guys in the campus by pretending to be boyish and being close to them. They even took embarrassing photos of me and posted in online.

 

At first I raged when I found out about it especially when I discovered that my facebook account liked the page and likes every status they post. And with some argument with Chanyeol I made him disable my account.

 

But later on I just let them be. Fine, do whatever they want just make sure that the don’t bother me. I mean I just realized that it’s a childish thing to do. Hating on someone because she is friends with some guy that you like but probably doesn’t know you.

 

“But I’m worried about you. I’ve heard about the you know what I mean.”

 

“I’m fine. As long as they don’t bother me or interrupt me.”

 

“Do you want me to tell them to stop all those things that they’re doing?”

 

I’m touched by the concern that he’s showing. We’ve been sort of friends not a long time but he’s showing the same concern as Myungsoo, Yixing and Chorong. Out of them Chorong had the fit.

 

“Do you want to sue them? My mom has a very good lawyer friend.”

 

I can’t help but laugh whenever I remember her saying that.

 

“No, you’ll only make it worse. I mean don’t have the wrong impression but things will probably heat up when you involve yourself in this. Their imagination will go wild and stuff so let’s just leave things as it is. They’ll probably get tired of it later on.”

 

He chuckled. There is really something when he smile that makes you feel comfortable.

 

“You are so far the most different person that I’ve ever met.”

 

“Well, I’ll take that as a compliment.”

 

“It is.”