Chapter 13

Everything Has Changed

After I finished eating Joonmyun and I went to the library. We’re in the middle of discussing something related about our assignment when I saw Chorong enter. She looked around and saw me. I waved at her and she waved back but she didn’t come any closer. Instead she chose a table far from us and opened a book.

 

I looked at Joonmyun and he’s trying so hard to act nonchalant. I’m not a psychology student for nothing. There’s something going on between the two of them that they’re not telling.

 

I’m not really the nosy kind of person but this concerns Chorong so I should get myself involved.

 

“Can I ask you a question, if you don’t mind?”

 

“You’re asking me a question now.”

 

“That is the oldest antic that I’ve ever known, but seriously though.”

 

“Ok, about what?”

 

“I’m not overreacting or over analyzing things but there’s something weird about you and Chorong. She never leaves me alone in the cafeteria and she always join me whenever I’m here in the library.”

 

“So you’re point is?”

 

“I don’t know. I can’t even think of the right question to ask you right now.”

 

He just chuckled and continued on what he is doing. I looked at him and looked in the direction of Chorong who is also looking at us. But when she saw me looking at her she smiled and looked away.

 

I’m not overreacting or over-analyzing things but there’s definitely something going on here. And it involves the two of them and neither of them has the plan to tell me what is this all about.


“There’s nothing going on with me and that Kim guy, ok?”

 

“I’m not saying that there’s something going on between you two. What I’m pointing out is that both of you are acting weird whenever your near each other.”

 

“I just don’t like him. Period. No further explanations. And you can like him for all I care.”

 

“What? I don’t like him, ok? He’s nice and all but there’s nothing going on between us two. But seriously Park Chorong I know that there’s something going on.”

 

“Nothing is going on. It’s just your imagination running wild.”

 

“His mouth slipped and he called you grandmother the other day. Why would he, someone that you claim to not know call you like that? And what’s with that nickname?”

 

“He called me what? Grandmother? That shorty! He’s-”

 

She stopped speaking looked at me and gave me a forced smile.

 

“Nothing! Nothing is going on. I don’t know him. Bye.”

 

Then she ran away without waiting for my reply. Well, that attitude really had me thinking.

 

Park Chorong is really the worst person in the whole world to keep a secret. She can’t keep a secret and she’s so transparent. She can’t contain her emotions.


Since then it is obvious that Chorong has been avoiding me. First is maybe because of something that she had said last time and I know that there’s really nothing that she can deny about it and second Joonmyun and I had been together for my tutorial session with him. Or maybe it’s the other way around.

 

When I try to bring up the topic to Joonmyun he is an expert at changing the topic and later I will realize that we’re not talking about the thing that I asked him.

 

“Why do you always avoid the question? I’m just curious. As Chorong’s friend I’m really concerned about what’s happening.”

 

“There’s nothing happening so there’s really nothing to be concerned about. You’re just stressing yourself asking questions that doesn’t have answers.”

 

“Why does she call you shorty?”

 

From reading the book he harshly raised his head with his eyebrows crossed.

 

“She called me shorty? That grandmother really-”

 

Then he stopped in the middle of what he is saying and just gave me a smile. Then he went back to what he was reading.

 

“I really have no idea what you’re talking about. Maybe she was just talking about another person and you thought it was me.”

 

Now, that is really suspicious. The two of them has endearment or let’s just say nicknames for each other and they have the same reaction when I brought up the topic about the nicknames.

 

And can someone please tell me that you can just give a random stranger names and he does the same thing to you? Isn’t it weird or yet creepy? But for me it’s very suspicious.

 

And what’s with grandmother and shorty nicknames? Are they six year olds or something?


(a/n: till here... for now XD)