Chapter 14

Everything Has Changed

It’s almost exam so I’m always bugging Chanyeol. However he is doing every possible way to avoid me. Since no one in school knows about us, I tried to meet him and talk to him. I tried to convince him many times and I failed many times. But I’m not giving up. I can’t give up. Being Chanyeol’s tutor even if it’s burdensome but I was able to save money because I don’t need to use my pay from my part-time job at the convenient store as allowance. All I have to have is patience and understanding. There are a lot of times when I want to give up but then I think of my family. I have to do this for their sake. I can’t be choosy with my job.

 

This is a very good opportunity to miss. And maybe this is the answer to my prayers.

 

Right now I’m in the locker room talking to Chanyeol. A lot of people are looking at us and I bet all of them thinks that I am a stalker and that I am madly and deeply in love with this jerk.

 

And that would happen in a million years.

 

Honestly, at first it was uncomfortable that the people think that I am Chanyeol’s stalker. I never liked someone in my life so extreme that made me want to stalk them. Sure, I had crushes but it’s just for fleeting moments. There’s no one really serious about them. It’s just I became attracted to them because they have a good voice or they can play the guitar well or that they are intelligent.

 

And now they’re all thinking that I’m stalking Park Chanyeol I don’t even know anything about him except that he’s the dean’s son, he’s the member of the royalties and his grades are failing big time.

 

Later on, I just got used to it. Just let them think what they want to think about me as long as I know in myself that I did nothing wrong and I’m doing nothing wrong.

 

“I will wait for you at the library.”

 

After saying that secretly to him I walked away ignoring sharp looks from the girls.


But as expected he didn’t showed up in the library. So I just decided to stay there and read books. Then suddenly I felt someone sit in front of me. I looked up and saw Joonmyun with his usual smile.

 

He is holding my favourite book. It’s the book that I recommended him to read whenever he’s bored. It wasn’t really a serious recommendation because I thought he was just kidding and I see no reason why he would be bored with his life. He has all the money and sources to entertain himself. And books are just way out of his league.

 

“You’re reading it?”

 

“Yeah, I’m already halfway. The book is nice anyway. From now on I would ask from you which books are worth giving my time.”

 

“Ah-yeah. I didn’t know you’ll like it.”

 

“I really liked it.”

 

“I’m glad. Do you want-?”

 

I stopped talking because I felt someone hold my wrist and made me stand up. When I turned around I saw Park Chanyeol with an annoyed expression on his face. Why is he angry?

 

“What?”

 

“You said that you will wait for me!”

 

“I waited here for more than 30 minutes now so don’t use that tone on me and don’t give me that face.”

 

“I really wondered why you always want to meet in the library, now I know. You just want to flirt here.”

 

“What?”

 

My voice raised and everyone in the library is looking at us. My eyes went to our hands still clasped together. I tried to get back my hand but he didn’t let it go.

 

“In case you don’t know there a lot of students watching us right now. Do you remember the deal that we have to pretend that we know each other so why are you talking to me in a place like this and acting all like we are close?”

 

He looked around but he doesn’t seemed surprised or affected by the attention that we are getting. Instead he tightened his grasp in my hand and gathered my things. Then he dragged me out in the library unto the dean’s office.

 

“Yah! What are you doing?”

 

Without knocking he opened the door.

 

“Mom, can we use the other room? I’m gonna study for my exam next week.”

 

His mom and I have the same shocked expression on our faces. Then he pushed me into the room inside the dean’s office. There’s a couch and table there then there’s all his books and stuff.

 

“What are we doing here?”

 

“Let’s just say that from now on you’re gonna do the job that you were paid for.”

 

I scoffed and gave him an annoyed face.

 

“I don’t believe this. Anyway, fine if you want to study let’s start.”


“My face doesn’t have the answer to the questions. Look at the test papers I gave you. I already told you the answer key is in my brain and you can’t see it no matter how long you stare at my face, so can you stop it already?”

 

He didn’t talked back to me like he always do. He just quietly went back to answering his test. But then he would stare at me. And he’s not even trying to hide it. Even though I would stare back at him he would not budge. He would just stare at me until I tell him to stop and he will stop.

 

I can’t say to him that it’s making me feel uncomfortable because he might misinterpret it.

 

Is he sick? Because I’m pretty sure there’s something wrong with him because he’s acting weird. Since the scene in the library things changed. Like drastically changed. He would be the one nagging me to teach him and he would always be the first one to arrive at our meeting place. And this is so not him.

 

Actually it’s both of us who are acting different right now. In the past when the two of us are confined in the same room expect an argument in just a couple of seconds. But right now we are in the room for almost two hours and none of us are talking that much. Except for his occasional questions and me telling him to stop staring there’s really no real and serious conversation between us.

 

And this is a record.

 

“Are you still tutoring Joonmyun?”

 

I’m surprised by his question. It’s been more than 30 minutes since one of us last spoke a word.

 

“Yes.”

 

“Stop tutoring him and I’ll tell mom to double your pay.”

 

“What?”

 

“Or do you want to be triple? I really don’t want you to be teaching another person.”

 

“Joonmyun is not another person. He is your friend. How can you say that?”

 

“I’m just telling you. I really don’t like the thought of you being together, I mean you tutoring him. He’s more intelligent than I am but I don’t understand why he is asking you to be his tutor.”

 

“Did you forget that you were the one who suggested and introduced us to each other? And then all of a sudden you’re saying these nonsense things to me? Can you give me a break?”

 

“I don’t care. Just stop being his study buddy.”

 

“Unless you give me a very valid reason I would consider what you’re saying.”

 

He didn’t say anything but he just gave me a sharp look.


(a/n: I can't believe I'm getting almost 30 subbers within just a few days of posting this story ^^ I'm so hyped despite the unfinished thesis that is due on Friday -.-)