What are These Feelings

In the Flesh

Key’s POV

            When Chloe shows up I was a little ticked at Minho for not telling me earlier because now I am worried there won’t be enough food for everyone. Thankfully there was enough. When we finish dinner Chloe tells us why she is really there. She needs help with her homework. She pulls out her books and they are in English. I know I am the only one who can help. This doesn’t bother me. Chloe is nice and we finish quickly. She starts telling me about how at school she kept trying to ask where the restroom was but she was using the wrong word so they kept pointing her to the library. “Restroom and library were the two words I studied the hardest but I guess I studied them so hard that in a moment of panic and nervousness I mixed them up.” She said. I bust out laughing, “The two don’t even sound the same.”  “I know but I just really had to go and I couldn’t think strait.” I feel my phone vibrate. I don’t want to pick it up. We are having such a fun time. I ignore it but it goes off again. “Hey I got a call just a second.” It was Woohyun he just got a call that his mom is sick. “Ill be right there,” I tell him. “Hey I got to go one of my friends needs me.” I see a flash of disappointment on her face. I feel bad but Woohyun needs me. When I arrive at Infinite’s dorm he is the only one there the others are still at practice I am guessing. “Hey how are you doing?” he looks up at me with red eyes. I give him a hug and he just cries for the next hour. When he is finally able to stop he tells me to distract him. “How?” I ask. “With anything talk about what ever I don’t care just talk.” He says in between jagged breaths. “Well there is this girl.” That gets his attention. “Go on.” He says with wide eyes. I knew this distraction would work because I never talk about stuff like this. “Her name is Chloe she is from America. She just got here a few days ago. The crazy thing is she didn’t know who any of us were. When she first met us she only knew Minho from his drama a while back. It is exciting to be able to meet someone and start off as Kibum again not as Almighty Key. She listens really well and she loves to laugh. She is super funny and I love being around her.” It worked Woohyun is so into my story right now he can think of nothing else. “What does she look like?” Woohyun asks with anticipation. “Well she has long blondish brown hair that goes to the middle of her back and it is beautifully wavy. She is about 5 centimeters shorter than me. She has light skin and big eyes.” I stop and look at Woohyun and he is fast asleep. He cried so much he was probably really tired. I take him to his bed and let my self out. When I get back to the dorm everyone is a sleep. I walk into the living room to watch some T.V. because I know I won’t be able to sleep. I am about to sit on the couch when I realize there is a body there. I look closer at the face. It is Chloe. What is she still doing here? I smell the alcohol and know instantly that she was to drunk to go home. I go and sit in the chair and turn on the T.V. turning the volume way down. About 30 minutes later Chloe wakes up. “What are you watching?” she asks in a quiet voice. “Just some drama reruns. It’s what I do when I can’t sleep.” I tell her. I get up to get her some water. She gulps it down really fast and says thank you. I go back to the chair and she scoots to the end of the couch that is closest to the chair. We finish watching the episode of Sensory Couple that was on and then something I don’t recognize comes on. I look over and her face is closer to mine than I thought it was. She looks over at me and our faces are so close I can feel her breathing. My heart beat speeds up and I pull away asking if she is hungry. “I can make some ramen if you would like.” “That sounds good” she says in a shy voice. I make her ramen and bring it out. “We need to get rid of the ramen that is here because we can’t eat it since we are all on a diet.” “Is your comeback soon?” she asks with anticipation in her voice. “Are you a part of SHINee World now” I ask jokingly. “I might be. Your music is really good. Jonghyun writes really good lyrics. My favorite song would have to be Love Pain though.” “Why Love Pain?” I ask with genuine curiosity. That is one of your older songs and not usually in peoples top favorites. “Because in the beginning when you say my love is pain it just gets me every time. I love listening to it” She says this not looking at me. She chose her favorite song because of my voice? “I also really enjoy symptoms. When you and Minho sing the sumi sumi sumi part I can feel the passion.” This time she is looking at me and in the light of the TV I can see the red on her cheeks. “So you really like my voice?” I am usually over shadowed by Jonghyun and Onew and now Taemin is working his way up too so I am really glad to hear her say she likes my voice. “Yes it is very unique and strong. When I listen to you I can feel how much you want to be where you are now.” There is no hint of lying in her voice. She really likes my voice. She doesn't think it is out of place among the sweet vocals of the rest of the group. “Thank you most people don’t acknowledge my singing ability. I understand though because Jonghyun and Jinki have such strong vocals and Taemin is working his way up.” I say turning away slightly because I am now smiling so big I probably look like and idiot. “I really love listening to your voice it has a secure sound to it."When she says this she is looking at the wall. “Would you like to hear me sing now?” What was I thinking why would I say that. What should I sing if she says yes? She looks me strait in the face. “I would love that!” Crap! “Ummmm… well what should I sing?" Seriously Kibum what were you thinking. “Tell me why your song with Woohyun.” She says without hesitation “Okay I can do that.” My voice is shaky just speeking how can I sing I am more nervous that I have ever felt. I have performed in front of thousands of people and I get nervous infront of one girl.I take a breath and I sing her Tell me Why and she sings along with some of the parts. She listens with her eyes closed and soon I see her head start to bob and I know she is tired. “I should head to sleep we have an early schedule tomorrow.” I really don’t want to go to bed but I don’t want to keep her awake either. “Good night. Sleep well.” I say as I walk back to my room. “Good night Kibum.” Wow it is really nice to hear someone other than my members call me Kibum like it’s the only name I have. I go and lay in bed and fall asleep surprisingly fast maybe Chloe has a calming effect on me.