I don't like Hospitals

In the Flesh

Taemin POV

           When I open my eyes I am confused at where I am. I was in the practice room last I remember but now I am in a not so comfortable bed with some tubes attached to my body and a crying Jonghyun over me. “What happened?” I ask in a horse voice. “Shhhh.” Jjong replies. “You were practicing and passed out. The doctor said you are dehydrated.” Dehydrated? I don’t think I was over practicing. My mouth feels so dry my tongue is like sand paper. “Water.” Is all I can manage to say. Jjong grabs a cup and lifts my head. “I am not paralyzed.” I tell him. He hands me the cup. I hurt all over. “Why were you practicing so hard?” Jjong says with tears in his eyes. “I wasn’t… I just don’t want Jinki hyung to think he is the only one that cares about this comeback. You wrote the lyrics to our title song and I know how important this is to you. This is the most you have helped with an album and I want people to know how much of a genius you are. We need to do good and I know I have been slacking because I just can’t seem to get you off my mind.” I start to cough at the last sentence and take another drink. The tears are rolling down Jjong’s cheeks now and I reach up to wipe them off. He leans his face into my hand. “I was so scared. You need to drink water when you practice. This comeback is nothing if we don’t have our dancer with us.” He is now sobbing. “Babe it is ok I am ok.” I say as I pet his hair. Once he is calmed down I page in the nurse and ask her when I can be discharged. She tells me I have to stay overnight. I ask Jjong to go get me some clothes so when I leave I have something to wear that isn’t dirty practice clothes. He is reluctant to leave my side so he calls Key. Kibum brings my clothes and stays for a while. I hate being sick with both Jjong and Key around because Jjong just worries and cries while Key is the almighty umma and won’t leave me alone. Chloe comes to visit and I am glad because Key is too preoccupied with her to pay attention to me. Chloe tells me to take it easy and then leaves because she has to study. Key goes with here to take her home. I doubt she will get any studying done but I am glad she stopped by and took Key with her when she left. I think Jjong understands now that I am not going to die because he is starting to get handsy. “Jjong stop you are going to and I hurt to much for that right now. Maybe if I come to the hospital again for something that isn’t painful then we can have a goodtime in the hospital bed.” I say this knowing it is not a reality because if the nurse walked in we would be in so much trouble and Jjong knows this too. It is still fun to dream right? Jjong climbs in be with me when we know it is to late and the nurse won’t come in until the morning. We fall asleep so fast. I love it when Jjong is able to actually sleep because then when I wake up I get a beautiful view of his sleeping face that I never get to see. Jjong wakes up shortly after I do cutting my time to see him sleep short. I pout a little bit and he asks what’s wrong. “I never get to watch you sleep.” “I am sorry babe.” He says and then pretends to go back to sleep. “Its not the same.” I tell him and he gets up and calls the nurse. “It is time for us to leave we have practice today. The comeback is in just 2 days.” “Do I really have to go to practice?” I ask with a groan. “Sorry Tae but you know there is no way around this.” “I don’t hurt as much anymore so I am sure I can pull thru practice.” Why does the company have to be so tough? Jjong makes me drink 3 cups of water before practice so when they give us a 5-minute break I book it to the bathroom. We have been practicing for 3 hours and I have had to go since about 30 minutes in. Jjong follows me to the bathroom worried because I left so fast. “I just have to pee calm down.” I say to him in a more irritated tone than I wanted to. He turns to leave but I catch his arm. “Babe I am sorry I just really have to pee and I just hate when you worry. I will drink more water before we start practicing again.” “I worry because I love you” He reminds me. “I know I love you too.” When we get back to practice it is even more brutal than before. We go for so long I have to ask for a break because I need more water. Jjong rushes to my side with some water. I am glad he is over protective now because I feel like I am about to faint. We now have our choreography done for our title track and our second promotional track. The choreography for our second song is hard because it is a mixture of replay and some new moves so we keep messing up the new part because replay has been hammered into our heads since debut. Once we dance it perfectly 5 times in a row we are dismissed for the day. At moments like this I wish that being gay wasn’t against company rules because I really just want Jjong to hold me in his arms and take me home. We make it to the car and I collapse in Jjong’s lap. Jjong gets me some water and holds me the whole way home. Once inside the dorm Jjong picks me up and carries me into my room. I am so glad he does because I don’t know if I would have made it otherwise. We lay in bed and I fall asleep to him whispering sweet nothings to me. I wake up to find Jjong sitting on the floor buried in paper. He has not slept all night he is getting nervous for the comeback his insomnia gets worse when he is nervous or upset he also hates anything he starts writing which explains all the crumpled up paper on my floor. He looks pleased with what he is writing until he groans and chucks the paper at my face. Not knowing of course because he has not looked up and I have not said a word until now. “Oww babe what was that about.” I pick up the paper and look at it. “Wait why are you throwing this one out its good I like it.” “Ohh sorry Tae I didn’t even know you were awake.” He says still not looking up. I walk over and take away his pen and paper this makes him mad I pull him up but he refuses to walk. “You know you’re not the only strong one in this relationship right.” I pick him up and throw him into bed barley making it to the bed even though it’s only a few steps away. I land on top of him and now he wont let me go. “Babe you have to sleep the comeback is tomorrow you need some sleep.” I say struggling to get out of his well built arms.” It will be easier for me to fall asleep if you’re in my arms” he says holding me tighter. I fight it for a little longer and then finally give in and just lay there until I fall asleep. I wake up to a sleeping Jonghyun. 2 days in a row I got lucky I mean I’m luck just to have him but this is something special. This makes me think about how touchy he is with Key on stage and it starts to bug me I mean I know it is just for show but it still gets to me. I know very well that Jonghyun loves me but I just hate seeing him with someone else. I decide to say something to Key about it I’m sure if I ask hyung to lay off of it a bit he wont have a problem with it. I walk into the kitchen and find Key sitting at the table by himself. Perfect timing. I wasn’t planning on doing this right now but it seams like the perfect time.  

Thank you guys for reading this far there is much more to come. Love you all!