Moment 9: A Present

Is it okay to be in love?

“Is there something wrong, Ji?” Apink’s make up artist asked while styling Eunji’s hair for her concert.

“Ah. No, unnie.” Eunji smiled back through the mirror in front of her.

“Is there someone that you waiting for to call you? You keep checking your phone countless times.”

Eunji was a little bit surprised with that question. “Noo...”

“You must be miss a lot of people right? Right after you came from Japan, you had to prepare for your concert then departed to Shanghai on the very next day.”

“But I’m happy, because I’ll meet a lot of my faans~”

Her make-up artist laughed after heard Eunji's cliche answer. “Waaa~ You sure are an idol, Jii.”

Eunji was pleased by her compliment. “By the way unnie, we’ll come back to Korea tomorrow at 9 am, right? So, we don’t have any schedule in the early morning?”

“Yes. But, what do you want to do? I bet you can’t do anything tomorrow morning because you’ll be too tired after your concert.”

Eunji just stared at her phone softly. “I just wondering...”

“Okay, finished!” She tap Eunji’s shoulders to give her more energy. “Good luck on your concert, my idol.”

Eunji chuckled. “Thanks, unnie.”

 

“Eunji, my friiiiiiend~” Bomi suddenly brag into Eunji’s make up room.

Eunji turn her head lazily then found Bomi with different looks. “Woah, what’s wrong with your hairtstyle, Bbom?”

“It’s Ariana Grande stylee~ Now, you can call me Bomiana Grande.” Bomi jokes while flips her hair.

Eunji can’t hold her laughter anymore. “Hahahahaha, Bomiana?!”

“Ya~ Let’s not talk about my hair anymore. I have something to discuss with you.” Eunji raised her eyesbrows in question. “Today, Exo is having a concert in Shanghai too, right?”

“Um.” Eunji answered with a nod then continue packing her bag.

“Don’t you want to do something?” Bomi asked with teasing tone.

“What do you mean?”

“Don’t act like a dumb girl!” Eunji just response with a smile. “Have you ever meet up with him outside works, Ji?”

“Never.” Eunji keep packing her belongings.

Bomi grabbed Eunji shoulder and make Eunji face her properly. “Then, do it!”

“What?”

“You should meet up with him!”

Eunji shook her head helplessly. “It’s too risky, Bbom.”

“But we’re in Shanghai, Ji. The risk is much more lower than when we’re at Seoul.”

“But Lee Min Ho-ssi and Suzy-sunbae caught up overseas.” Eunji argued back.

Bomi rolled her eyes. “That’s because they are too obvious with their schedule and they’re even goes to the same hotel. It’s the same with asked to be caught!” Eunji can’t beat Bomi’s words anymore this time. ”And be honest to me! You also did consider to meet up with him, right?”

“......” Eunji just divert her eyes to the ground.

Bomi sighed in disappointment. “Since when you’ve become this timid, huh?” Bomi strengthen her grasp in Eunji’s shoulder. “Tomorrow morning. I can help you out if you really want to do it.”

“Bbom...” Eunji’s phone suddenly rings before Eunji could continue her words any further. She took it from her bag then her eyes automaticly lock into her phone display.

“Who is it, Ji?” Bomi peek out to look at the caller's name.

“.....Hello, Baekhyun-ssi.”

 

----------

“Jongdae!” Baekhyun called his current roomates on their concert backstage.

Jongdae turned his head. “What?”

“Can I ask you some help?” Baekhyun looks a little bit worried while asking it.

“What is this... It’s rare for you to ask first. Just say it.”

“Well... I want to sneak out from our hotel tomorrow morning. I just need two hours.” Baekhyun expression suddenly got serious. “Can you please told our managers some excuses if they found out that I’m not in my room? Just told them that I’m having some diarrhea and staying in toilet for a long time.”

Jongdae actually wants to laugh at the excuse that Baekhyun made, but he realized that wasn’t the main issue. “Just what are you trying to do, huh?”

“I want to sneak out.” Baekhyun repeated his words again.

“I know, but for what?”

Baekhyun stay silent for a second. “....I want to meet up with Eunji-ssi.”

Jongdae can’t hide his shocked expression. “Baek, that’s dangerous.”

“I know...”

“You’ll be hanged to death if our managers find out. And morever, there was no guarantee that no one will tailing you.” Baekhyun just didn't response. “Did she asked you to meet up with her?”

“No. And I haven’t even ask her.” Baekhyun explained. “But I want to make sure that there is someone I can trust to help me here first.”

Jongdae's trying to understand his helpless bestfriend's mind then took a deep breath. “Then, let me come with you.”

“Eeh?”

“I'll come with you. But, you have to listen to me if I ask you to go back to our hotel.” Baekhyun still couldn't believe what did he just heard. “I want to make sure that there is no one who’ll following you. And for our excuses, let's ask Chanyeol to tell our managers that we're just jogging around.”

“You don’t have...” Baekhyun tried to decline it, but Jongdae persisted. “At least, we can handle our managers anger together, Baek.”

 

----------

Eunji can see a familiar back who stands on the riverbank in front of her. “Have you waited for a long time?” She join in beside him.

“No. Just ten minutes.” Baekhyun slightly turn his head to make sure it was her. “You still could tell it was me eventhough I were fully wrapped like this?”

“But you also recognized me eventhough I practically only showed my eyes.”

“Well, it seems our short statues is one of a kind.” Both of them laughed from their own silly conversation.

“I never imagine that one day I will laughing at an early morning, on a riverbank in Shanghai. Even the sun haven’t fully risen yet.” Eunji makes fun of herself.

“And rightnow, I’m doing those things with Jeong Eunji.” Baekhyun smiled meaningfully at her, tho Eunji can’t see it because of his mask.

Eunji blushed for a moment. “Ah, where is Chen-ssi? You said that you’ll come with him?”

“You can call him Jongdae. He’s waiting there.” Baekhyun pointed at a long wodden bench which’s not far from them.

“Eeh??” Eunji jumped in surprised.

“What’s wrong?”

“Someone who sat beside him on that bench is Bomi!”

“What?!” Baekhyun automaticly burst into laughter. “Hahahaha, what kind of situation is this! They didn’t even realize they sat next to each other? Eventhough they are the one who have to be careful in interacting.”

“Aaah... I feel bad for both of them.” Eunji shrugged in self blame.

Baekhyun patted Eunji’s back softly. “Don’t worry too much. You said that to me, right?”

“But I didn’t want to cause any troubles for them.”

“It’s alright. Me and Jongdae already make sure this place is safe. No one is recognize us.” Baekhyun tried cheer Eunji who still furrow her eyesbrows. “Here.” Baekhyun suddenly gave Eunji a paper bag.

Eunji raised her eyebrows in surprised. “What is this?”

“Something to cheer you up.” Baekhyun confidently explained.

Eunji opened it curiously, but she goes facepalmed right after she know what it is.

“Yaa~ At least show some excitement! There were hundreads people who want that desparately.” Baekhyun whined.

“Huh, aren’t you a little bit too proud of yourself?” Eunji laughed in disbelief while holding a signed Exo’Luxion concerts banner.

“Well.... I just want to give you something, but I didn’t have anything that worth to give. Should I give you my mask? My earrings?”

Eunji goes facepalmed even more. “Aah... You just make me didn’t want to give anything to you.” Eunji showed how annoyed she is.

“What? So you actually bring something with you?” Baekhyun asked excitedly.

Eunji took a deep breath as a sign of losing. “Here.” She took out something from her jacket.

Baekhyun eyes sparks happily. “What is this?” He grabbeb a bottle from Eunji.

“You must be thinking that I gave you some weird drink.”

“Hahahaha, it looks like a herbal shampoo.” He jokes as looking at that green color liquid.

Eunji just chuckled. “My mother always bought me that everytime I have an overseas schedules. It will keep your vocal chord in optimal condition. You still have a lot of concert schedules and a comeback, right?”

“Eh? Is it really okay for you to give it to me? It’s from your mother.”

“It’s alright. Don’t worry too much.” Eunji said the same sentences as Baekhyun've said before.

“You’re so thoughtful.” Baekhyun smiled softly, makes Eunji smiles back.

“I feel so much relieved.” Baekhyun suddenly muttered as watching into the space. “I’m affraid that we’ll be very awkward when we meet up for real. But surprisingly, we’ve actually pretty comfortable with each other.”

"Um.."

“Then..." Baekhyun tried to mustered up his courage. "From mow on, can I call you ‘Eunji-ah’?” His heart beats so fast only from asking that simple question. 

Eunji just nodded shyly. “Then... I’ll call you ‘Baekhyun-oppa’.”

Baekhyun blushed so hard when he heard it. His ears suddenly feel so hot. “Thanks.” He whispered.

“Eh? Why do you have to say thanks....”

“Well..." Baekhyun stares at Eunji's eyes softly. "....It’s the best present I’ve ever want.”

 

----------

“Where does Eunji-unnie go? She didn't answer when I knocked her room. We’ve to board to Korea in two hours, right?”

“She has an important meeting which can’t be held in Korea.” Chorong answered their maknae casually as fixing her hair.

Hayoung already could tell what kind of important meeting is that from Chorong's tone. “Aaah~ I see. But, do Beast members have a schedule in Shanghai? Because Dongwoon-oppa has a recording in Mask Best Singer today.”

Chorong stopped combing her hair in surprise. “What do you mean, Hayoung-ah?”

Hayoung raised her eyebrows as asking if there's something wrong from her words. “.......Eunji unnie is meeting up with him right?”

“Yes, him. But, what do you mean about Beast member?"

“Eeh? So, she doesn't meet a Beast member?!” Chorong gave an ‘of course’ expression, which make Hayoung even more confused. “Then.... how about Yoseob-oppa?”

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, imraafa here. An unexpected name suddenly come out in this chapter :3 I hope all of you will looking forward to his ‘official debut’ in this story :” Thanks for every generous comments, I feel so~ blessed by reading it >.<