Moment 16: A Runaway

Is it okay to be in love?

“Ah, Anyyeonghaseyo~” Chanyeol bowed to Eunji, as she’s walking towards him. “Sorry for troubling you like this.” 

“Annyeonghaseyo." Eunji bowed back. "No, it’s alright. And sorry, my schedule is quite packed nowadays, so I can’t meet up with you any sooner.” She then sit along with him.

Chanyeol shook his head with a smile. “Is that....” He tried to ask about someone who followed Eunji before, but then sat on a wooden chair not far from them.

“Aaah, that’s my manager. Don’t worry.”

Chanyeol’s surprised with Eunji’s relaxed answer. “....Really?”

“Um. He is like an older brother for me. He also knows everything about me and Baekhyun-oppa. So, it’s okay.” Eunji smiled cassually,

“I see....”

“Then... Is there something wrong with Baekyun-oppa?" Eunji can't hide his worriness anymore."You said that you want to talk about him....” 

“Yes." Chanyeol's expression suddenly become tense. " Um... Actually, our company already found out about you and Baekhyun-ah. And our company’s higher ups response wasn’t that good...." He actually hesitates to continue when he saw Eunji's sad face.

"....So in the end, they confistated Baekhyun’s phone. And our manager start to stay with us again in our dorm to prevent us to lend Baekhyun our phone. He’s also forbiden to leave our dorm unless for work related things.”

"......" Eunji was froze from Chanyeol's explanation. “Wah.... I never expect them to reacting that bad.” She forced herself to laugh at it.

“They’re somehow like some overprotective parents out there, right? Hehehe....” Chanyeol tried to cheer her up, but he knows he can't. “Um... But that’s not the main point that Baekhyun wants me to tell you."

Eunji just raised her eyebrows in question.

"To be honest..... when Baekhyun-ah was arguing with our company staff, it seems like they threat him that they’ll make it hard for you to appear on broadcast show, if he keep in touch with you. That's why he insisted that I need to meet you directly..... To ask you if there was something bad happened.”

“I see....” Eunji responsed calmly.

“So... Did our company by any chance contact your company’s staff, Eunji-ssi?”

Eunji's trying to avoid Chanyeol's eyes. “....No.” She answered shortly,

She’s lying. “Aaah, really?” Chanyeol acted as if he believe Eunji's words. He finally understands why Baekhyun forced him to see if there was something wrong from Eunji's eyes directly.

“Um.”

Chanyeol somehow feels sorry when he see Eunji's forced smile. “Well, we don’t know if our company really has that kind of power. So don't worry about it too much.”

“I understand..” Eunji's keep forcing her smiles. “Thanks for letting me know Chanyeol-ssi... And thanks for taking care of Baekhyun-oppa so much. Just tell him that he didn’t need to worry about me. He has to worry about himself more. And please don’t do anything reckless that will cause more problems for him.”

"I'll say it to Baekhyun-ah....." There was a slight silence, before Chanyeol suddenly continues,“Eunji-ssi..."

"Yes?"

"Baekhyun may didn’t look like a serious guy. And because of his tight schedule, he may seems didn’t care about you that much. But I can see how much he loves you. You may can’t see it directly, but he’s fight for you without you even knowing.” Chanyeol managed to say it, although he thinks it's too cringy to be said.

“I know...” Eunji's finally smiled sincerely.

“Sorry if I sounded like judging you to be not understanding. But just in case.... Just in case if you start to doubt your own feelings towards him.”

“No.... I’m glad that you actually reminded me about his feelings towards me.”

Chanyeol unconciously let's out a small relieved sigh. “Then.... Can you promise me something?”

“Sure...”

“It may sounds a little bit selfish, but can you promise me to always be there for Baekhyun when he face his hard times? Because I guarantee you that he's willing to always be there for you too.”

Eunji can feel how much Chanyeol care about Baekhyun. And she can't be more thankful than that. “....I promise.”

 

-------------

“Where have you been, Unnie?” Naeun asked Eunji who just finished change her clothes.

“I just met up with a friend.” Eunji answered as joining Naeun who's waiting for their dance practice to start.

“Woah... It must be nice. I also miss my friends~” Naeun responsed innocently.

“Then you should meet up with them before our comeback~! We won’t have any spare time after this.”

“You’re right..." Naeun pouted. "Ah, have you met up with Baekhyun-ssi too, Unnie?”

Eunji thrown her body againts the wall then sighed. “....No.”

“Then the same advice goes for you~” Naeun said as nudged Eunji's elbow playfullu. “.....To be honest Unnie, it’s really unexpected.”

“What?”

Naeun gave Eunji 'what's else?' expression. “Of course about you and Baekhyun-ssi.”

“Aaah...” Eunji just nodded and smiled awkwadly.

“I still remember that both of you were still in ‘normal’ relationship back then when we did our Luv promotions in Music core. He even interviewed us casually. Who knows that both of you are ended up being togrther now.” Naeun excitedly explained.

“I remember it too, it was his last eposide being an MC there.... I actually never expect it either.” Eunji unconciously let her longing expression seen by Naeun.

“.....Well, there was a saying that greatest love is when you fallen for the most unexpected person, in the most unexpected time!” Naeun said with a wide grin.

Eunji were surprised with Naeun's words for a second. “Woaah~ Here we go, Son Naeun, the smart college giirl~!” She pinched Naeun's cheeks in proudness, makes her avoid it deliberately. "Hahahahah." Eunji just laughed heartfully, but righr after that, she suddenly remember a lot of things which bothered her thoughts for a while

“Naeun-ah, I’m sorry if I bring it up again. But.... Can you told me what is the hardest thing that you have to face when you still together with Taemin-sunbae?”

Naeun smiled happily to help Eunji to not worry when she talk about 'him', Naeun's exboyfriend. “It’s okay, Unnie. Well.... When was that..." She stared into the space as trying to figure out the answer. "Ah, it’s when I realized that even if we’re together, we could’t bring any happiness to people who dear to us.” Naeun's answer unexpectedly quite deep. “Both of us still have a lot dreams, and we realized being together will just made people who always support our dreams get hurted.”

“........” Eunj feels like her chest being stabbeb a lot of times, and Naeun can see Eunji's hurted by her answer.

“But.... That doesn’t mean that we can’t fight for ourselves too, Unnie. I decided to face those hard times bravely to fight for my dear feelings towards him. And I believe, the reason for us to broke up was because we are the one who lack of resolution.” Naeun explained sincerely. “Because we’re just too tired from our own schedules, when there was a problem, we didn’t do anything to resolve it. And when we start to doubt each other, we didn’t tried to clarify anything. So in the end, we just naturally drifted apart.”

Eunji was amazed by Naeun's calm attitudes. “.....You’re really mature, Naeun-ah."

Naeun just smiled shyly after heard her unnie's compliment. “....It’s thanks to him too, Unnie.”

 

----------------

“Hyung, I’m sorry.” Kyungsoo whispered to Baekhyun, who sat beside him, in regrets.

“....For what?” Baekhyun finally responsed after gulped down his meals.

“Because I keep pestered you with my questions before, our manager found out about you and Eunji-ssi.....” Baekhyun and Jongin automaticly stopped chewing for a moment when they heard Kyungsoo's explanation.

“Aaah~, you don’t have to apologize. It seems like they were already suspect it even before you asked me.” Baekhyun casually patted Kyungsoo's back.

Jongin can't help but join in their converstaion. “To be honest, I were so surprised when I know the real reason for our manager stay with us again. You’re definitely an idol killer, hyung~” He raised his eyesbrows repeatedly to tease Baekhyun, makes Kyungsoo can't hold his laugh.

“Ya! Don’t mess around with me, Kim Jongin!” Baekhyun smacked Jongin's head lightly, just to recieve an evil grin from him. 

“So, how long have you been dating with her, Hyung?” Jongin asked bluntly, makes Baekhyun paused for a second before he answered it.“.....We’re not dating.”

“Eh??” Jongin can't get what does Baekhyun means. “What’s the problem?”

"They’re not dating. But they act like a couple.” Kyungsoo answered it for Baekhyun instead.

Jongin cursed softly after that. “Geez... Ya, since when you’ve become this timid, Hyung?! If you like her, just date her already~!” He unconciously raised his tone.

“Ya! Are you thinking that I’m just a mere high schooler in love?! We’ve a lot of things to be considered.” Though Baekhyun actually didn't feel confident when he said it.

“But isn’t that ‘a lot of things’ will just separates you apart? Then why you have to consider those things?” Jongin knows he just stated the bitter facts for Baekhyun.

Baekhyun just sighed in responsed. “All of you is also included in ‘a lot of things’, Jongin-ah. Are you asking me to not care about you anymore?”

“If that’s the case, just forget about me.” Jongin said coldly, makes Baekhyun froze in surprise. "........"

“I kind of understand what Jongin is trying to say, Hyung.” Kyungsoo tried to calm down both of them. “Just once, try to put her in your first priority instead of us. You’ll surely feel sorry for letting her being in uncertain relationship like this.”

“But we’re certain with each other feelings...” Baekhyun argued back.

“Tch, I hate to say something like this. But is that all that you can give to someone you love? She must go through a lot of trouble to be with you, but did she really need to have a hard time only for some undefine relationship?” Jongin speaks with such a sad tone. “I feel so thankful that you actually think about us so much, Hyung. But at the same time, I also feel bad towards Eunji-ssi. It seems like we steal her happiness.”

"........" All of them just keep silent in front of their empty plate for a while.

“Next Friday until Saturday.... We’ll have a short break, Hyung. All of our staffs, include our managers, will have a mid year evaluation meeting." Kyungsoo speaks to Baekhyun without even gave him a glance. "Well, it’s just a humble reminder.”

 

----------------

"Aaargh... I couldn't sleep really well...." Eunji mumbled to herself as walking towards the water dispenser from her room. What time is it? She looking around to find the clock, while drinking her minerals water. What... It's still 7 am.

"Waaah~ I'm surprisingly wake up earlier today~ What kind of good things that will happen to you today, Jeong Eunji?" She then bring her morning drinks with her to the livingroom lazily, but before she even could sat on her sofa, her dorm's bell suddenly ringing. "Geez... Jaejin-oppa... Really?! At this hour?!" She walked casually to the front door with her wake-up face.

She didn't even bother to check the intercom, and just yelled out at the memont she open the door. "Ya, Oppa! Didn't you said that today is our day off?!"

“......Eunji-ah”

"......" Eunji just froze at her standing place. Right after she finally reaized the situation, she immediately buzy with covering her bare face in emberassment. “Baekhyun-oppa...! How could you be here?!”

“Ya~ You don't have to cover your beautiful face~" Baekhyun flirted from the very first moment he could see Eunji.

"Ya! That's not the main point rightnow~! How could you be here? Aren't you forbiden to leave your dorm rightnow?!"

"That's also not the main point rightnow....." Baekhyun then reach Eunji's hand softly. "Ji.... Let’s run away!”

“......What?” Eunji feels like she was just dumbfounded .

“Let’s run away together!” Baekhyun said with such a serious expression, which is impossible for Eunji to believe.

“Eeh?!”

“Come on! Pack your things!” Baekhyun steps in to her dorm, them drags Eunji to her room. 

“YA, BYUN BAEKHYUN!" Eunji snatched Baekhyun's grabs in confuse. "ARE YOU F'CKING MAD?!!!”

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, imraafa here. Do you enjoy this chapter? Tbh, this is the longest chapter I've ever wrote -..-" I hope you didn’t get bored from reading my story. Thanks for always supporting this story~ Don’t forget to leave some comments, please :3