Moment 5: A Fate

Is it okay to be in love?

We’re in the same building, we’re even passed each other in corridor. But, he didn’t even greet me. Have I did something wrong to him? Did he get scolded after I told Suho-ssi that he gave me an album? It's been a week since that time tho. Or he is indeed just playing around with me?

She’s so busy with her thought, until her manager startlet her. “Ji, come on! We should go back to our waiting room.”

She followed her manager to the waiting room. When she sit on the sofa, her attention suddenly goes to a cupcake box in the table. “Whose cupcake is this, oppa?”

“Oh, one of our PR staff give it to everyone this morning. Today is his son’s birthday. Are you hungry? You can have it if you want.”

“Can I?” She acted like a kid.

“Sure.”

“Thanks, oppaa~”

“Actually Ji... Can you wait for me here for about one hour? I’m sorry if I’m handling my personal’s matter at my work hours, but suddenly my mom..”

“Sure, Oppa. You don’t have to apologize. Just go!” She cut her manager sentences, then smiled.

He smiled thankfully. “Thanks, Ji. Just call me if there was anything urgent.”

“Ehm.” She waved her hands until her manager’s gone.

She leaned back on the sofa. Then...what would you do for an hour, Jeong Eunji?. She look at that cupcake, which somehow remind her to the same person she has been thinking all day long. “Stupid me! I’m the one who choose to avoid him at the first place.” She mumble as smacking her own head. Really, I should do something to distract my attention.

After thinking for a moment....  Ah, rooftop! It’s been a while since the last time I visited it! She took her belongings happily and bid farwell to some staff, then goes excitedly to the rooftop by stairs.

 

“Waaaah~ So fresh!” Although it’s a little bit tiring to go to the rooftop by stairs, but for Eunji, she’ll feel much more refreshed right when she arrived. She took some deep breath and smiling unconciously as if all of the burden taken from her life.

She streched her shoulder and her hips from left to right repeatly, trying to release stress from every corner of her body.

“Well, should I eat you now my delicious cupcake?” Eunji talked playfully at her cupcake’s box. She excitedly unwrap it. But, the moment she tried to take the first bite, suddenly there was the sound of a door being open.

When she turns her head, her hand’s movement suddenly frozen right in front of . There was someone standing beside her who’ve just arrived on the rooftop, with such a relieved expression.

 

-------------

She was in the same building with me. She was right in front of me when I walked on the 2nd floor. But I couldn’t bring myself to greet her. I don’t want her to see this coward side of me. I just hate myself so much.  I am such a selfish brat. I approached her shamelessly without thinking any further. I am such a kid. Even Suho-hyung, Jongdae, and Channie have to worried over me..

“Baek!” His manager is trying to wake Baekhyun from his musings.

Baekhyun finally broke his own silence. “Ah, sorry hyung.”

“What are you daydreaming about?

“Hah... I am not daydreaming.”

“Whatever. Well, an hour later they asked you to do some backstage interview. Do you want to wait outside and grab some coffee or just wait here?”

“Let’s just wait here hyung. I’m not feeling that good.”

“Okay, I’ll buy you lunch first. Is there anything particular that you want?”

“Nothing, hyung.”

His manager nodded. “You stay here. Just call me if there was anything urgent.”

“Yes.”

 

So, now.... here I am, alone...... Aargh. I should just follow him though. It’s much more distressful waiting in this building. Baekhyun scanned thorough his waiting room. Nothing I can do here. He started to play his phone, then lock it, play it again, lock it again, and so on.

“You looks so restless, Baekhyun-ah?” The PD-nim startlet Baekhyun from behind all of sudden.

Baekhyun reflexly stand up. “Ah... No, PD-nim. I’m just waiting my manager.”

“You didn’t get any lunch?

“I’m waiting for him. He bought it for me.”

“Oh, I see. You still have some recording, right?”

“Yes.” He smiled respectfully.

“Well, if you are getting bored by waiting here, you can go to our rooftop tho. The weather is pretty good. It’s warm yet feel so fresh. Have you ever been there?”

“No...”

“Then you should go at least one! Well, I don’t want to make you tired, but you’ll feel more refreshed if you go there by stairs.”

Baekhyun smiled so wide as if he's just getting some enlightenment. “I think that’s a good idea. Thank you, PD-nim. I’ll go there. I just don’t know what to do anymore here.”

“You’re welcome. Be careful, then.” He left Baekhyun with a smile, while Baekhyun bowed ninety degrees.

Baekhyun get up from his bow with a yell. “Yosh! Time for excercising, Baek!” He took his bag, then heading to the Rooftop.

 

To be honest, it’s surprisingly tiring. Though this place isn’t SBS main building and has just eight floors. Baekhyun mumbled by himself, and trying to manage his breath. Well, just one more floor ahead, Byun Baekhyun!

The moment he opened the rooftop’s door, he’s already could feel some fresh airs burst into his face. He closed his eyes for a second to feel the air. Somehow he felt so relieved, but he doesn’t know why.

And right when he opened his eyes, there was a girl there who’s just about eating a cupcake. She saw him right into his eyes, but she doesn’t move at all. But to be honest, he also can’t move any part of his body either.

 

 

 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, imraafa here! Finallyyy~ They met! But.... no one knows what happens in the next chapther tho, kekeke (ofc except me -..-) It surprised myself. Why it takes so long for me to make them actually met. I’m such a sadist _-_ By the way, why I upload two chapters simultaneously? Because I couldn’t leave you guys with such a sad chapter u.u

Hope this chapter will brighten up my stories. Thanks for all of your supports :) I love you <3