Moment 8: A Promise

Is it okay to be in love?

“This year stage’s design and camera works is a little bit different from last year. So, please be sure to do this rehearsal effectively and efficiently. We will start in thirty minutes.” Dream concert’s staff explained then leave Exo to prepare for the stage.

“Yes, sir.” They answered in one voice.

Most of them were playing their phones as waiting, until Sehun get bored then poke Baekhyun and Chanyeol who sits beside him in the sofa. “I suddenly remember a lot of things from last year’s Dream Concert.”

“What?” Chanyeol responsed.

But once Sehun wants to continue, he look at Baekhyun’s expression which suddenly darken. “Ah, just forget it.” Sehun decided to not continue it anymore, just to make Baekhyun continues instead. “Last year’s Dream Concert stage is the last stage I could perform in public before being jailed by scandals...” Baekhyun smiled bitterly, leave Sehun and Chanyeol in awkward situation.

“Yaa~ Why do you have to remember it negatively, Baek. And you!” Chanyeol tried to liven up the mood then smacked Sehun’s head lighty

Sehun makes a ‘No’ gesture with his hands as didn’t want to be accused as the criminal. “I didn’t mean it like that! I just think that we have a lot of worries before, but look at us now, we’re actually doing fine together.”

Baekhyun and Chanyeol smiled meaningfully after heard Sehun’s words. Their maknae’s thought always succces to cheer up his hyungs in unexpected times.

“Ah, because both of you talked about last year Dream Concert, I also suddenly remember something.” Chanyeol tried to move into another topic. “That time was a hectic period for us right? So sometimes I searched every single little thing about us in internet, and of course most of it is about ‘the departures’. But right after Dream Concert, there was something funny come out...”

Baekhyun and Sehun raised their eyesbrow in curiousity. Chanyeol’s just pleased even more with their reactions. “It’s... Exopink.”

“Aaah~ I knew that!” Sehun responsed confidently. “It all started when we guested together with them in Taemin-hyung’s We got Married. But what did happened in Dream Concert?”

“Well... It somewhat like reaction video from us to their performance. And some fancams of us in a close distance.” Baekhyun just stay silent as hearing them discussing.

“Ah, I remember it. Because they performed right before us, right? We even left the stage together. Then who are the one from us who recorded mostly, hyung?”

“Hahahaha, so you are actually curious, kid?” Chanyeol teased Sehun by nudge his elbow. “Don’t be dissapointed, okay? It’s me and Baek.”

Sehun nudges Chanyeol back. “Yaa~ You always can’t control yourself over girlgroups hyung!” Both of them just laughed playfully.

“But speak about the devil, it seems they didn’t attend this year event.” Sehun can’t stop talking about them.

Chanyeol answer it with a nod, but then Baekhyun suddenly explain casually. “Yes. They are still busy with their Luv’s Japan promotions. They’ll comeback to Korea tomorrow afternoon.”

“........” The slight silence makes Baekhyun realized how stupid his answer is.

“Hyung... How do you know that?” Sehun get dumbfounded with Baekhyun’s sudden answer.

Chanyeol teased Baekhyun with suspicious stare. “Aaah~ I see~.”.

Baekhyun gulped down in panic. “Eh... Well...”

“Exoo! Ready to the stage!” Dream Concert staff’s scream did safe Baekhyun in the end.

All of Exo members stood up then walked to the stage, while in the back Baekhyun take a deep breath in relieved.

Chanyeol suddenly lingered his hands in Baekhyun’s shoulder then whispered. “For your information Baek. That Exopink things, it seems like there was a lot of people who ship me with Eunji-ssi.” Chanyeol grinned then run to the stage.

“Wha..?!”

 

-------------

“Eat a lot, we still have a lot of schedules today.” Chorong reminds her members, then Apink start their lunch happily in a Japanese restaurant. “Yes, uniie~”

“By the way, tomorrow is Dream Concert, right? Aaargh, I really want to perform there.” Namjoo talked while munching her katsudon and everyone just aggred with a nod.

“Last year, the fanchants was really daebak. Everyone were singing with us, to the point I can’t heard the playback at all.” Bomi explained excitedly then continued. “But right after we finished NoNoNo, everyone screamed ‘Exo! Exo!’ As if they want us to immediately move from the stage. At first, I thought that they scream ‘Encore! Encore!’ so I were super happy back then, but when I saw Exo who’s getting ready in the backstage as we leaving the stage, I suddenly realized they are cheering for them instead. And I feel a little bit sad in the end.” Bomi makes a cute sad face which makes everyone laughing.

“Ah, Unnie. Do you remember that you got paired with Baekhyun-ssi a lot by netizens after that?” Hayoung sudden question makes all of them stop eating for a second in surprised.

“Eeh?” Bomi responsed in disbelief then looked at Eunji who keep eating casually.

“But, isn’t Baekhyun-ssi’s and Taeyeon-sunbae dating scandal occured aroud that time?” Naeun asked innocently then continue her lunch.

Bomi and Chorong took some secret glances to Eunji who keep listen calmly to her dongsaengs with a smile.

“Rather then Baekhyun-ssi, doesn’t Bomi unnie already has a dating scandal with Chen-ssi?” Namjoo teased Bomi playfully.

“Aaah~” The dongsaengs line didn’t leave the opportunity to tease Bomi, but Bomi just rolled her eyes.

“I even read an article that Chen-ssi once asked by his fans about it on a guirella date.” Namjoo put another gas in the fire, and so does Hayoung. “That’s right! I also read it. That guirella date was held in our high school.”

“Ya! Why are you guys always so excited when it comes to teasing me, huh?!” Bomi finally exploded, make the rest of them laugh even harder.

“Hahahaha... You’re so popular, unnie~” Namjoo teased Bomi for the last time before their manager remind them. “Guys, finish it in five minutes. We should head back to the NHK’s studio in no time.”

“Yees~” They suddenly gulped everything down in a blink of eye without any talk.

 

After they finished to their lunch, they head to the parking lot with a small run. While everyone getting ready to get into the van, Bomi suddenly hug Eunji in the shoulders from behind, then whispered with a grin. “Don’t be jealous with me, Ji.”

“Ya! You...” But Bomi already got into the van before Eunji could scold her more.

 

-----------

“Haah, that giant kiddo just makes me curious.” Baekyun grumbled as opening his netbook in his room then type something in the search engine bar. Exopink Chanyeol Eunji.

Baekhyun eyes gets widen when the search results show up in splits second. “What the hell is this nonsense?!” His notebook display was already filled with a lot of Chanyeol and Eunji’s edited pictures. “How can there were a lot of embarassing editing like this.” Baekhyun gulped down as seeing a kissing picture.

In the end he can’t take it anymore and closed his notebook in disbelief. “Gosh, I’m really annoyed now.”

Baekhyun throws himself on his bed. “Why does they have to look good together in those pictures...” He mumbled in dissapointments.

He smacked his own head then speaks so fast. “Aack, I can’t erase those pictures from my heaad! But how can I get jealous over Channie just because of those edited pictures?!”

Baekhyun took his phone in his pocket and stared at it with longing eyes. Should I call her? We were just simply texting each other for the past weeks, and it’s all about our works and encouraging words. Should I call her for the first time rightnow? Should I share this childish worries with her?

 

----------

“Hello?”

“Hello, Eunji-ssi... Ah, sorry for calling you late night like this. You must be tired with your schedule.” Baekhyun stuttered a bit when greet Eunji.

“It’s alright. I think the same goes for you too.”

“Ehm... How’s your day in Japan?”

“It’s great. I met a lot of my fans here.” Eunji is actually a lil bit nervous as well. “Tomorrow you’ll perform in Dream Concert, right? You must be buzy with rehearsal today.”

“Ah, yes.” Baekhyun’s brain couln’t found any way to make their conversation flows. “......”

“Hahahaha. It is really awkward right? I never expect you to be this quite.”

“Me too.” Baekhyun can hear Eunji is laughing softly. “Actually... What do you think about the others Exo members beside me? Is there anyone that caught your attention?”

“Eh? Why do you asked about it out of the blue?”

“Ah, sorry for asking you stupid questions. Just forget it.”

“Are you talking about pairing things?”

“........” Baekhyun’s silence gave Eunji a ‘yes’ answer.

So he is actually also worried over this kind stuff. Eunji chuckled then answer lightly. “All of them seems to be a nice collagues. They are very polite towards me, eventho some of them is older than me.”

“That’s all?”

“Do you wished there is more than that?” Eunji asked with teasing tone.

“Nooo~” Baekhyun shook his head unconciously. He can tell that Eunji is smiling motherly on the other side. “So, you don't have to worry over that, Baekhyun-ssi. Ah, more importantly, what time is your perform for tomorrow will be?”

“10 pm KST.” Baekhyun aswer excitedly.

“Oh~ I’ll be already in my dorm around that time. I promise I’ll watch it live.”

“You don’t have to do that... Ah no, I mean... If you still feel tired from your overseas activities, I prefer you to sleep well rather than watch me instead.”

Eunji can’t stop her smiled which getting wider. “....But, all my tiredness will flew away if I watch you perform...”

Baekhyun was shocked by Eunji’s response. He still could heard it clearly though Eunji’s trying to speak as soft as possible. “But.... I can't promise you anything as payback.”

"Just promise me that you'll perform in front of your fans with a confident and bright smile." Eunji asked sincerely. "And don't forget to greet them as many as you can."

Baekhyun's feeling suddenly flutters. Everything that he could ever think while talking with her, is all about both of them. But knowing Eunji is actually always thinking over his fans too, makes Baekhyun feels so touched. 

"I promise.... I'll never dare to break this promise."

"Great."

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, imraafa here. I wrote this chapter in intention to make a light chapter, but it ends up being a long one u.u I hope I didn’t failed to make you smile :” Make this story as natural as possible is sure a difficult choice, so I hope there wasn't any 'jumping' scenes in this story :(  Please let me know your impressions from your comments >.<