Moment 18: A Kiss

Is it okay to be in love?

“.......” Everyone in that livingroom just stay silent because of awkwardness.

“Um....” Baekhyun’s grandfather finally broke the frozen moment. “Aren’t you Apink’s Jeong Eunji?”

“Yes, I am!” Eunji tried to smile as natural as possible, tho she is so nervous as hell. “Ah, sorry for my rude behavior. I will properly introduce myself.” She positioned herself in polite manner. “Annyeonghasimnika. I’m Apink’s Jeong Eunji. I’m an acquintance of Baekhyun-ssi. I’m honored meet both of you....” She bowed ninety degrees, but she’s too embarrased to raised her head.

“.........” Baekhyun’s grandma and grandpa just bowed back slightly, and throw some awkward stare to each other.

“....Hey, it’s enough. Raised your head.” Baekhyun whispered to Eunji as touched her shoulders softly. “Grandma.... Grandpa, sorry for not notifiy you about our visit beforehand...”

“You told us that you will come, but....” Baekhyun’s grandma was still looking at Eunji with surprised looks.

“I’m sorry for coming like this....” Eunji geniunely feels sorry.

“No~ You don’t have to feel sorry.... It’s just....” Baekhyun tried to cheer Eunji up, but then his grandma continue his sentence instead.

“It’s just we don’t know what to do about this situation. I’m the one who feels sorry for not welcoming you properly.” She finally could grasp the situation properly. “I’m Hyunnie’s grandma, and he’s my husband. Hyunnie used to spend all of his holiday here... Is it your first time visiting Yanggu?” She smiled to Eunji sincerely.

Eunji almost burst to cry, because she feels so touched with her warm words. “Yes...” She nodded her head excitedly.

Baekhyun feels so relieved when he saw Eunji finally could smile again. “Actually... she’s not just an acquintance, Grandma..... She’s my girlfriend.”

“Ya~! At least I’ve understand about that! What do you expect for me to think, when I saw you brought her here.”

“Woaah, you got yourself such a beautiful girlfriend! No wonder from my grandson!” His grandpa nudged Baekhyun’s elbow and raised his eyebrows teasingly.

“To be honest, I’m still amazed too see a celebrity in our house~ Right, dear?” He excitedly talked to his wife.

“You’re right! It feels like she come out directly from our television! Hahahahaha~”

“But I’m also a celebrity!” Baekhyun didn’t want to be ignored.

“He’s more popular than me, Grandma. The amount of Exo’s fans are no jokes!” Eunji finally joined on their conversation casually.

“But you appeared on tv much more frequently than him!” Baekhyun’s grandpa witty remarks success to make all of them burst in laughter, of course except Baekhyun who pouted like a child.

Eunji then calmly linked her arms around Baekhyun’s as continue their conversation. Both of them just feel glad, that at least their relationship is welcomed in this house.

“Aah! How rude I am for not preparing anything for our guest.... Just wait here, okay. I’ll make some homemade kimchi for you...” Baekhyun’s grandma stands up from her place, then run excitedly to the kitchen.

“You don’t have to prepare anything, Grandma....” Baekhyun tried to be polite.

“No~ It’s a pleasure for me to cook some kimchi for you~”

“Then, let me help you too!” Eunji smiled widely as hoping for her to agree.

“But.....”

“Why don’t you just let her help you, dear? I bet it’ll be much more delicious.” Baekhyun's grandpa smiled softly to his wife. 

“Okay, come with me Eunji-ah....”

-------------------

 

“Jaejin-hyung!”

“Oh, Yoseob-ah?” He walks towards Yoseob then give him a high five. “Practice for your comeback?”

“Um. What’re you doing here?”

“I have a meeting with Choi-sanssangnim here....”

Yosoeb just nodded and smiled bitterly as if there’s something bothered him. “Ah, hyung.... Did you talk or meet with Eunji today? Because I can’t reach Eunji’s phone since this morning.”

“No, I didn’t. I purposely didn’t call her, because she’ll be really annoyyed if I keep bugging her in her day off.”

“I see...” Yoseob can’t hide his dissappointed expression.

“If it wasn’t because she’s purposely turn off her phone, it must be because she’s still too tired from the journey and fallen sleep at her home.” Jaejin tried to be positive.

“So she go home to Busan?”

“Most likely. Bomi told me that Eunji left pretty early this morning.”

“Yeah. Bomi already told me that too.” Yoseob responsed plainly.

“Ah, I just remember it! Did she also gave you a phone number to contact Eunji too?”

“A phone number? No, she didn’t.”

“She told me that Eunji gave her that phone number to contact her if there was something urgent. Do you want it?”

“Is it okay?” Yoseob asked with hopeful tone.

“Of course~ I’ll send to your Kakaotalk!”

Yoseob smiled thankfully. “Thanks, Hyung.”

“Ah, just in case if she’s still resting today, can you call her tommorow instead? Well, of course if it’s not that urgent.”

“I get it, Hyung. I’ll call her tommorow. Once again, thanks.”

--------------------

 

“God~ This is heaven!!!” Eunji run excitedly to look at the infamous Soyangho lake. "This is so beautiful...."

Baekhyun just smiled as looking at Eunji who looks so at ease. “Wanna take some walk?” He reached Eunji’s hand softly, but it still makes her a little bit starlet.

“Um!” Both of them were take a walk together while enjoying the sky which gradually redden as welcoming the night.

“Oppa....” Eunji mumbled as looking into the space.

“Yes?”

She furrowed her eyebrows just like thinking hard about sometihing. “....Why do you like me?”

“Eh?” Baekhyun didn’t expect her to ask that sudden, but he decide to answer it eventually. “Well, I don’t like you..... I love you.” He grinned playfully to her.

“Ya! Stop it! I’m being serious rightnow!” Eunji yelled and shook their hands to hide her embarrassed face.

“Ya! I weren’t joking either!”

“Tch....." Eunji just sighed as a sign for losing. ".....Okay, then why do you love me?”

Baekhyun giggled shyly when he heard Eunji actually asked him about that. “....I just happen to love you."

Eunji raised her eyebrows in confused. “So there’s no any special reason?”

“Isn’t that why it become more special?” Baekhyun asked seriously. “I love you, because it was you. It just have to be you. That’s the sole reason.”

“........” Eunji was left speechless because of Baekhyun's sweet explanation.

Beakhyun's face suddenly get much closer to her in a moment. Eunji just frozed because she didn't know what to do in that kind of situation. She already could feel Baekhyun's breath which gets warmer at her face.So she gradually closes her eyes, because she's scared but she can't back off either.

“......So this is how you looks like when you're waiting for a kiss?”

“What....” Eunji opened her eyes just to find Baekhyun who's trying hard to hold his laugh. She's blank for a second until she realized that Baekhyun just perfectly folled her. “Ya! Byun Baekhyun!!! I hate you! I hate you! I hate you!!!”  She landed her flying kick to Baekhyun's repeatedly.

“Ya! It huuuuurts!" Baekhyun begged Eunji to stop beating him.

'I'm hurting more inside!!! Yaaaaa!!" Eunji keep beating Baekhyun with her deadly kicks and punchs. “Goooosh!!! I don’t know if someday I could be this embarassed!!” She squats down to hide her face. 

"Eunji-aah... I'm sorry...." Baekhyun approached her then hug Eunji from behind. "Please don't get mad....."

"It's not funny, you know...." She whispered with her trembled voice. 

Bekhyun genuinely feels sorry and he can't help but explain it. "....At first, I really want to kiss you before....But at the second thought, I don't know if that's the right thing to do. There's so many things that I haven't clear up, and yet, I already desparate to kiss you. I haven't make sure that I could protect you, but I already tried to touch you more.... I'm scared that I'll just hurt you even more...." He expressed his feelings while burying his face on Eunji's back.

Eunji didn't know that Baekhyun actually tried his best to always protect her. Even from himself. "...I understand it.... Sorry for beating you so hard before." She turned her body, then grabs Baekhyun's hands softly.

"No~ I deserved it."

"Of course, you are!" Eunji smacked Baekhyun's hands playfully again, but then Baekhyun reachs her face and land his lips on her forehead lightly.

“Let’s take everything slowly.... and let’s not regret anything.”

-----------------------

 

“We’re home~” Baekhyun and Eunji greet in one voice.

“Aaah, you come back pretty late~ Have you already eaten your dinner outside.” Baekhyun's grandma welcome them with worried face.

“Yes....” Baekhyun answered shortly.

“But are you still hungry? I can prepare some midnight snacks for you...” She smiled widely to Eunji.

“Eunji will just go straight to bed after this. Yesterday, she was practicing until 2 am. Then I asked her to went here in the early morning. So she must be really exhausted rightnow.” Baekhyun patted Eunji's shoulders lightly.

“Really? Ah, then you have go sleep rightnow!” Baekhyun's grandma was about go to prepare the room, but suddenly she remember something. She then gives a signal stare to Baekhyun. “But....” 

“What?" Baekhyun tried to understand his grandma 'message'. ".....Aaaah~”

Eunji just stand beside him with a confused face. “What’s wrong,Oppa?”

“In summer, you can’t sleep even a second without a fan here. And the only room which left with a built in fan is only that one room.” Baekhyun explained slowly, but Eunji still didn't get it. “......And my gramps can’t fall asleep unless there was grandma beside him.... So....” 

“Is it alright for you Eunji-ah?” His grandma asked with sorry tone.

“Um...." Eunji's finally understand what are they trying to say to her. "...Well, if there’s no the other choice, then....”

Then, should we go to our room rightnow?” Baekhyun said teasingly.

Then what’s with that ‘let’s take everything slowly’ before, huh?!” Eunji whispered then step at Baekhyun's foot in anger.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Hi, imraafa here. Sorry for the (very) late update (again) TT To be honest, I purposely pending this story a bit, so it’ll not progress faster than the actual moment rightnow. So I beg for your understanding u.u Well, I wonder if some of you actually expect them to have a kiss in this chapter. Hahahahaha, sorry for dissappointing you guys~ XD Don’t forget to subscribe, comment, and vote this story, please TT Thanks a lot~