Moment 14: A Threat

Is it okay to be in love?

“Even after a few days thinking over it, I still can’t understand your explaination, Ji.” Bomi talked to Eunji from her bed. “ So.... both of you are practically together, but not dating?”

“Um.” Eunji answered from her own bed.

“What kind of jokes is that~?”

Eunji just smiled lightly. “I know. It’s indeed a bad jokes, Bbom.”

Bomi sighed in disbelief after heard her roomates plain response. “But, did he already confess to you?”

“Yes, he did.”

“Then what happened after that?”

“We were discussing about it for a while.” Eunji said calmly.

Bomi raised her eyebrows. “Discuss?”

“Um. Discuss. Like how a grown up always do.”

“Aren’t both of you just forced yourself to act like a grown up?” Bomi said sarcasticly.

“We are just trying to avoid any further regrets, Bbom. We didn’t want to hurt anyone. It’s the best choice if we really want to protect everything we cerish around both of us.” Eunji explained in sad tone.

“Is he the one who actually said it to you?”

Eunji shook her head. “No, it’s my own words.”

“So, you’re just scared, huh?”

“Am I wrong to be scared?!”

“It’s not about wrong or right, Ji!” Bomi finally can't hold her depressed feelings. “Both of you can’t stay like that forever. It’ll just hurt you and him more. And I do believe you’ve already understand that. Don’t you feel sorry to him?”

“I know! I also didn’t want us to stay like this forever. Especially when he’s actually already showed to me how serious his feelings are.” Eunji speaks out her minds. “I understand, sooner or later we’ll desperately need a status to define our relationship. But.... at least I want to stay like this as long as we can endured. It’s the safest way.”

“Safe? So it’s most important matter? Are you happy being like this?!”

“Bbom, I’m just being rational rightnow. I don’t want to dissapoint our agency, our fans, our family, and of course... our members. Tho we love each others sincerely, it doesn’t mean that everyone will see it as a beautiful things. Most of the people out there will see it as a betrayal.”

Bomi can’t talk back to Eunji anymore.

Eunji stands up from her bed then sit besides Bomi to reach her hand. “I’m sooo thankful, because you always think about my feeling first, Bbom. You always support me to enjoy my life more. And I can’t ask for more.”

“But Ji.... You deserve to be happy.” Bomi said softly.

Eunji smiled meaningfully to me Bomi. “Just heard you said that already makes me extremely happy, Bbom.”

 

-----------

“What are you drinking rightnow, Hyung?" He asked as walking to his hyung on their concert rehearsal backstage.

"Wa!" Baekhyun chokes himself from surprised. “Ya! Kyungsoo-ah! You surprised me!”

“What are you getting surprised for.... And do you drank some weird drinks? It looks like a shampoo.” Kyungsoo responded plainly.

Baekhyun raised his eyebrows, then look at the bootle he held as if asking 'this?' “Oh....Hahahaha, so I’m not wrong when I said that it looks like a shampoo.”

“So you actually drank shampoo, Hyung?”

“Ya! Of course not. It just looks alike...” Baekhyun can't believe Kyungsoo sense of jokes. “It’s actually a suplemental drinks for vocal cord.”

“Really?” Kyungsoo widen his eyes in curiousness.

“Um. I’ve drink it plenty times, and it’s really good. My voice become clearer everytime I drink this.”

“Then let me take a sip!” Kyungsoo's about to snacth it from Baekhyun, but Baekhyun dodge his hands really fast. 

“Nooo~!”

“.....Why? Don’t you want me to improve my skils?” Kyungsoo said jokingly.

“It’s not like that.....” But Baekhyun feels sorry for real. 

“Don’t force him to give you that, Kyungsoo-ah!" Jongdae shouted as approachin both of them. "I’ve tried really hard once and I didn’t get anything.” He throws a mad glare at Baekhyun playfully, makes Baekhyun pouted cutely.

“.....I never realized you’re such a stingy person, Hyung.” Kyungsoo said to Baekhyun with his face palm, makes Jongdae laugh out loud.

“Ya! I’ve said it, it’s not like thaat~!”

Kyungsoo laughed slightly looking at his hyung helplessness. “Then why? Is it some sacred potions which can’t be consume by anyone unless you?”

“Hahahaha, that’s a good prediction!" Jongdae still can't stop laughing from how Kyungsoo teased Baekhyun. "And to be exact, it’s a love potion!” He put some gas to the fire, causing Baekhyun hit him in panic.

Kyungsoo can see Baekhyun’s flustured expression from Jongdae’s teasing. “Is it from someone you’ve been closed with?” Baekhyun face stiffen when he heard it.

“Yaa~ You’re such a smart kid, Kyungsoo-ah~” Jongdae raised his hand to make a high five with him.

Baekhyun sighed in stress, then handling his drink. “Just drink it! But please, just don’t tease me about her anymore.”

Jongdae laughed heartfully as if he's just winning something over something from Baekhyun “Hahahaha, but it’s so funny, Baek! You looks like a shy kitty everytime I tease you about her. And what about that ‘not dating, but practically together’ things?" Baekhyun smacked Jongdae playfully because he feels more emberassed.

Kyungsoo blanked for a moment because he can’t caught up with his hyungs conversation. “So.... Hyung, who is ‘she’ that both of you actually referring to?” His question makes Jongdae and Baekhyun froze for a seconds.

“Well.... I can’t answer it for you....” Jongdae throw his gaze to Baekhyun, who glued his eyes on the ground.

“.....Is she the one you met up, before we depart to Taiwan?” Kyungsoo tried to answer by himself.

Baekhyun can't hide his shocked expression. “How do you know that?!”

“Ehm... Suho-hyung panicked for a moment that time, and I accidentally heard some few words from his conversation with Chanyeol-hyung. So, I'm just wondering.”

“I see.... Well, I don’t think that I have to hide it from you anymore." Baekhyun hesitates a bit, but decide to tell him in the end. “It’s Eunji-ah.... But we're just simply close to....'” Before Baekhyun could finished his sentences to calm Kyungsoo's shocked minds, someone sunddenly makes them more surprised.

“Since when you’re that close with Eunji-ssi, until you called her without respestful honorifics, Baek?” Exo’s manager suddenly approach them from nowhere.

Baekhyun, Jongdae and Kyungsoo just frozen there. They know it'll never turn out to be good if their manager knows about it.

"I just heard that you met up with her, before we went here. Is it true?" His manager attacked him with another question.

"Ah, that time I was just..." Baekhyun tried to make an excuse, but his manager cut his words clodly. “I don’t need your excuses. I only need a yes or no.”

“........”

His manager just get a silence answer from Baekhyun. “I take it as a yes, then”  He's about to leave them behind.

“Hyung!" Baekhyun started to panic. "Can you please overlook this things?” He asked hopefully.

“This time, I’m your professional agency manager. Not your hyung.”

 

-------------

“Thank you so much for your hardwoork~” Apink bowed to their staffs as finishing their group jacket album shooting.

“Is it already finished?” Suddenly there was someone who enter their studio, but Apink members didn’t realized it. He quitely greet every staffs who works there politely.

“Ah, Yosoebie!” Apinks manager greet him with a hug.

Yosoeb welcomed his hug warmly. “Yo Hyung... Is it really finished? How early....”

“No... There is still some individual shoot left.”

“Aah~”

“Do you have some schedule nearby?”

“Eh? Ah... yes.” Yosoeb was actually lied.

“Yaa~ It’s really nice to know there was a lot collagues supporting them.” Apink's manager feels so proud sincerely.

Yoseob just responsed with a smile, but his eyes already glued to someone who's busy with her photoshoot. “Jaejin-hyung, is Eunji’s legs already healed completely?”

Apink's manager raised his eyebrows in surprised. “How do you know that?”

"......." Rather than answered his question, he hands over some big plastic bags to him instead. “Here, Hyung. I bought some snacks for them.”

“Wooah~ You’re so kind. It’s actually rare to see you spending your money like this~” He trows suspicious looks to Yoseob.

“Ya! I’m not that stingy, hyung!” Yosoeb protested cutely. “Well hyung.... just tell them it’s from you, okay? I don’t want them to feel in debt towards me

“What's wrong with feels in debt? Then I’ll tell them to treat you properly as their Sunbae.”

“Thank you... Then, I’ll take my leave rightnow, Hyung.”

“You don’t want to greet them first?” The manager pointed at Apink's members.

“No. It’s okay. I just want to make sure they’re doing fine... So, see ya, Hyung.” Yoseob bowed then waved his hand to his former manager.

“See ya.”

 

-------------

“Where are you rightnow?” Baekhyun asked softly to someone over his phone.

“Convenience store.” Eunji answered shortly.

Baekhyun didn't expect that answer at all. "Really?"

“Um. I just bought some daily necessities.”

“So you’re heading back to your dorm rightnow?”

“No. I’m still gonna eat some ramen here.” Eunji casually continues to talk while preparing her ramen.

“Haahahaha. You’re so cute~” Baekhyun giggled from Eunji's answer.

“What’s so cute about it? It’s pretty normal.”

“And because you’re doing something normal, it looks so cute for me~” Baekhyun still can't stop his wide smile.

Eunji blushed shyly. “Ya! When will you stop flirting to me?!“ She nags in her Busan's accent, makes Baekhyun laugh even more. "So when will you go back to Korea?”

“Tomorrow. Then I need to go to Yeuido afterwards.” Baekhyun answered in regrets.

“Woah~ you’re really busy. Do you need to perform there?”

“No. It’s a CF filming.”

“Ah~ Don’t forget to rest and eat a lot, okay?” Eunji asked sincerely, makes Baekhyun smiled jesterly. “Yes, you too.”

“Ah Ji, wait a minute, there was an incoming call from my company.” Baekhyun looking at his phone screen in question.

Eunji's was surprised too. “Ah, I’ll hang up then.... Bye, Oppa.” She hangs up with heavy heart.

“Bye.... See you as soon as possible.... Yoebosaeyo?" Baekhyun picked it up nervously. "Ah, Annyonghaseyo Ssangsannim.”

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, imraafa here. I hope my story wasn’t that stressful to read TT I’ve warned in my foreword before, that this story is full of their struggle to love each other :”” So please bear with it :) To be honest, it’s such an honor to have this many subscribers for a newbie like me. I’m sooo thankful for all of your support u.u Jongmal kamsahaeyoo~*bows ninety degrees*