Moment 11: A Lie

Is it okay to be in love?

“Ah, sorry for bothering both of you... I asked Jongin before and he said that you were here.” She awkwardly talked to Baekhyun.

Baekhyun was still a lil bit frozen. “It’s okay, Noona.”

“Annyonghaseyo, Taeyeon-sunbae.” Eunji finally could gain her senses.

“Yes, Annyongahaseyo.” Taeyeon bowed back. “So... you also came to support Exo’s comeback, right?” She tried her best to control her expression.

“Ye..Yes.” Eunji forced herself to smile. She still can’t forget the way Baekhyun snapped her hand and didn’t want to face her in front of Taeyeon. 

“I see...” Taeyeon's keep looking at a gift box in Baekhyun’s hands. “So, you’ve already recieved a gift? Maybe I’ll just give mine to the others then.” She smiled bitterly.

Baekhyun didn’t how to answer it. “........” .    

Eunji’s waiting him to say something. She desperately wants Baekhyun to say that it was from her. Her eyes start to get watery when she look at how helpless he was in front of Taeyeon. Then she took a deep sigh to calm herself. “It’s not for him, Sunbae.” She finally speaks.

Baekhyun immediately look at Eunji, who stands beside her, in shocked.

“I...I asked him to deliver it to.... Chanyeol-ss...Oppa. Because I’m too embarassed to give it personally.” Everyone knows that she could never tell lies.

“Aaah~ Is that so?” Taeyeon unconciously shown a relieved expression. “Well, you don’t have to be embarassed for anything in front of Chanyeol-ah. He will accept it happily... Right, Baek?” She explained excitedly then look at Baekhyun’s eyes which still in disbelief. 

“Baek... Are you okay?”

Baekhyun really wants to explain that it’s wrong. It’s not for Chanyeol, it’s for him. He really wants to say that Eunji was lying. But his tounge doesn’t move.

Eunji gulped down to surpress her feellings. “Sorry for bothering you, Taeyeon-sunbae. I’ll head back to my company now.”

Taeyeon looks sincerely dissappointed. “You have to go back already? Oh, you are preparing for your comeback right? I’m a big fan of Apink! I’ll looking forward to your comeback.”

“Thank you, Sunbae. Then let me go first.” Eunji bowed ninety degrees, then start to leave them.

“Ah, Eunji-ssi!” Taeyeon called Eunji before she dissappeard. “Thanks for supporting Exo’s comeback.”

Eunji doesn’t know that hearing those words from Taeyeon will give her so much pain. “No need to say thanks, Sunbae.” She bowed again and leave them alone.

 

“Waah, I never expect Eunji-ssi and Chanyeol-ah is in that kind of relationship.” Taeyeon giggled as watching Eunji leave. She turned to Baekhyun, and ask happily. “Why you never told me?”

Baekhyun didn’t answer it. But she can see Baekhyun eyes were blanked. It looks like he lost something precious for him. “Baek, are you really alright? Do you have a fever?” Taeyeon tried to touch Baekhyun forehead, but he steps back.

“I have to go back to my waiting room, Noona.” He responsed coldly.

Taeyeon was surprised with Baekhyun’s attitude towards her, but she decides to doesn’t mind it. “Then, let’s go together!” She smiled hopefully.

“No. I don’t think my manager will be pleased by that.” Baekhyun tried to make excuse.

“Ah... You’re right.” Taeyeon definitely looks dissappointed. “Then, take it.” She give oreo packs that she brought to Baekhyun. “It’s simple for others, but it means a lot for us right?”

Baekhyun accepted it plainly. “I’ll head back now.” He avoided to answer Taeyeon’s question.

Taeyeon can see there was something bothering Baekhyun, but she don’t know what can she do for now. “Okay. Good luck for your performance.” She said softly.

Baekhyun just nodded then bowed to her and leave.

 

------------

“Baek!” Chanyeol bragged into Baekhyun’s room in anger. “What kind of bullsh’t that you’ve told to Taeyeon-nuna before?!”

“What?” Baekhyun responsed plainly while sat on his work chair

“Tch. About me and Eunji-ssi. Taeyeon-noona teased me about it when I met her before.” Chanyeol tried to calm himself. “Told me everything, Baek” He asked in demanding tone.

Baekhyun closes his eyes for a while to put himself together. “Today... I met Taeyeon-noona, while Eunji’s giving me support gift.”

“What?!” Chanyeol automaticly open his mouth in surprised.

“When Taeyeon-nuna started to look at us in questining looks, I can’t say anything. I even snapped Eunji’s hands and avoid to look at her.” Baekhyun explained with full of regrets. “Then....In the end, Eunji said that she come to support you instead.”

Chanyeol somehow can imagine what kind of situation that Eunji faced that time. “Gosh... Well, I’m not bothered, even slightly, even if everyone thought that there was something going on between me and Eunji-ssi. But is she will be okay?!”

“Sorry Channie, my cowardness undirectly asked her to do that.”

“God! I really want to punch you so bad! You should apologize to her! Not me!“ Chanyeol can’t hold his anger anymore.

“I know... But, I’m scared.“ Baekhyun tighten his hands grip.

“Baek, if I know that you’ll actually do this to Eunji-ssi, I won’t help you to avoid our managers anger in Shanghai last month. You know what? I despised you before. Because I thought that you’re just fooling around with Eunji-ssi for your own benefits. But I tried to give you a chance to prove that you’re not. Then why do you make me despised you much more rightnow?!”

“.......”

“Baek... Say something! Do something!” Chanyeol snatched Baekhyun’s phone which lay on the desk, then give it to Baekhyun. “Don’t dissappoint me. Don’t dissappoint her.”

 

------------

It hurts like hell.

Eunji stared blankly as sat on his company emergency stairs. She start to punching her chest with her own hands. “Why is it hurts so much?” She muttered.

She really want to cry, but she already promised to her mother, that she will never cry, unless for tears of happiness. Since when you have become this weak, Eunji. She just laughed bitterly at her own pathetic self. 

Suddeny there was someone who hits her head lightly from behind. “Stop daydreaming, girl.” He sat beside Eunji casually.

Eunji's eyes widen automaticly. “Yoseob-oppa...” She then tried to hide her gloomy expression.

“Why it’s very hard to find you, huh?”

“You searched over me?”

Yoseob just answered with a smile. “Here. You didn’t drink coffee right?” He gave Eunji a bubble tea.

Eunji smiled back slightly. “Thanks, Oppa.”

“So, what’s the matter for today? Why do you fold your forehead like that? You looks like an ahjumma!” He teased Eunji with such a cute tone.

Eunji unconciously touch her forehead. “Am I?”

Yosoeb chuckled. “You are!" He knocked her forehead with his fingers. "But really, is there something bothering you?”

Eunji always amazed with how Yoseob could tell everything she hide behind her smile. “Well, I can’t lie in front of you. So I will say, there was something. But, maybe it’s not worthy to be worried over it.”

Yosoeb actually knows she's still bothered about it. “Is that so? Then you better put again your smile after this, kiddo!” He pinched Eunji’s cheeks playfully.

“Aaaak! Aaaa... It hurts, oppa....” Eunji pouted cutely.

“Pain will help you to come back to yourself!” He grinned. “So, how’s your album preparations?”

Eunji smiled meaningfully. “Everything is good.” Her mood finally a lil bit brighten up.

“You’ll be facing a lot of tougher opponents this time. Do you worried over it?”

“Actually...no. I only hope that I could bring good musics to everyone. That's why, rather than trying so hard to do something out of the box, I believe that doing musics thats only belongs to us is much more a better choice.” Eunji talked calmly.

Yosoeb ruffled Eunji’s hair. “That’s my Eunji.”

“Hahahaha, since when I were your Eunji, Oppa?!” Eunji protested makes Yoseob smiled widely. "But of course, I were so nervous this time. I'm affraid that our fans will be hurted if we can't reach a good result." 

“I know those feellings." Yoseob tried to console her. "Have you met your family these days?”

Eunji shook her head with sad expression. “Not yet.”

“Well, if you can’t visit them to ask for blessings for your comeback, I can visit them for you.” Yoseob offered sincerely.

“Woaah~ you make me blushed, Oppaa! You don’t have to do that~” Eunji hit Yosoeb playfully.

“But I really can do that for you.... Or you can say I can do everything for you.” Yoseob said softly, almost like whispered.

Yoseob words makes Eunji raised her eyesbrows. "Oppa... What kind of jokes is that?" She asked awkwardly, but Yoseob just smiled in return. "I'm not joking at all."

There was a slight silence moment between them. Eunji somehow remembers Hayoung words like a storm. Everything that happened between her and Yoseob suddenly play in her head like a movie. How he always take care of her the most. How he always make sure that she's still motivated to achieve her dreams. She finally realized that even the dumbest girl will understand what kind of feelings he has towards her. She can't believe her own unsensitiveness. I must be hurt him a lot all this time.

"........"

“Ji... Ji, what’s wrong?”

“Ah no, sorry Oppa....” Eunji's still confused with everything about both of them, until her phone suddenly ringing. When she took it from her pocket, somehow she already knew from whom that call was. And then it's proved that she was right.   

“You don’t want to pick it up?” Yoseob asked innocently.

Eunji's looking at Yoseob eyes with fulls of guilt. “I don’t know.... Maybe it’s better if I don’t.”

  

---------------------------------------------------------

Hi, imraafa here. Sorry for the short update :\ I hope this chapter wasn’t that heartbreaking for all of you u.u And yass, she’s Taeyeon guys~ For everyone who has been waiting for Yoseob, he finally debuted in this chapter! Do you like it? Do you like it? >.< Please keep supporting this story everyone~ Don’t forget to leave some comments <3