Moment 10: A Reunion

Is it okay to be in love?

“I still can’t forget it.” Bomi mumbled as staring into the space of their company waiting room. “Do you know how shocked I were when you came towards me then greet someone who sat beside me as Chen-ssi?!”

“Hahahaha. Your face that time was epic, Bbom! Even Chen-ssi’s expression when he knew that he sat beside you all the time was monumental.” Eunji teased Bomi.

“After that, every night I can’t miss to search my name in Naver just in case there was someone who saw us.”

Eunji pouted her lips as begging for forgiveness. “Sorry Bbom~, for making you worried like this.” She linked her arms around Bomi’s.

Bomi snapped Eunji’s hands playfully. “Haish. If you feel sorry towards me, you shouldn’t talked to him for one hour and leaving me alone with a strange man in a lonely bench.”

Eunji insisted to lean on Bomi again. “Sorry...”

Bomi just took a slight sigh. “You should buy me some coffee to show how grateful you are to me.”

“I will.” Eunji grinned widely makes Bomi can’t hold her smile anymore.

“Bomi-unnie! It’s your turn.” Namjoo called Bomi as going out from the recording room with Naeun.

“Ah, okay.” Bomi hurried to the recording room.

“Good work, everyone~.” Eunji greet Naeun and Namjoo with a wide smile.

“This is the last recording for our album, right Unnie?” Naeun asked as sit beside Eunji.

Eunji answered with a nod. “But we still have dance practices after this.”

“I know.... Aah, I’m so hungry~” Naeun throws her body in frustation.

“You can stop your diet, Unnie. You didn’t gain anything even you eat normally.” Namjoo complained cutely.

Eunji smiled motherly looking at her dongsaengs. “Should we grab some bingsoo after our dance practice today?”

“I really want iiit!” Namjoo and Naeun said almost at the same time. “But, is it really okay?” Namjoo worried.

“Then let’s ask Chorong-unnie first. Maybe she’ll give us permission this time.” Naeun look at Eunji in hope she will help them to ask as their unnie. But Eunji didn’t say yes this time. “What’s wrong, Unnie?”

“Ah, nothing.”

 Namjoo somehow feels there was something off with Eunji. “Is there something wrong between you and Chorong-unnie after our Shanghai concert, Unnie?”

“Eh?” Eunji smiled forcefully. “Why?”

“Because both of you didn’t talk as much as usual these days.”

Naeun can see Eunji was troubled with Namjoo’s question. “Ya~ Do you change your job as a reporter rightnow?” Naeun tried to divert Namjoo’s attention, but Eunji decides to answer it. “Maybe because I unconciously avoid her. I’m affraid that I’ve made her worried too much. I’m scared to face my guilty feelings to her.” Eunji blurted out.

Naeun and Namjoo gone blanked after heard Eunji’s words. They didn't know how to response until Hayoung suddenly came. “Naeun-unnie, Namjoo-unnie, our procuders asked for both of you.”

“A...Ah... Yes.” Naeun and Namjoo still feel awkward with their situation then leave Hayoung with Eunji with confused face. “Good work, Hayoung-ah.” Eunji greet.

Hayoung smiled then sat along with Eunji, but there was something keep bothering her. “Unnie...”

“Ehm?”

Hayoung tighten her own grip. “I accidentally heard your conversation before.”

“Ah... My words must be sounded so ambiguous.”

“I know everything, Unnie!” She yelled out unconciously. “About you... and Baekhyun-ssi.”

Eunji’s face gets stiffen. “Ah... Sorry... And now I start to make you worried over me. I’m such a bad unnie for you. Sorry, Hayoung-ah.”

“It’s not like that!”

Eunji was surprised Hayoung eager response.

Hayoung looks hesistate to continue her words. “.....Don’t you think that you have to consider people around you first, Unnie?” She asked with sad tone.

Eunji just stay silent, trying to understand what does Hayoung means.

“You don’t have to worry over me, Chorong-unnie or all of us. Because we’ll be extremely happy if you’re happy. But don’t you think there was someone else beside us, who’ll be hurt by this, after everything he did for us, and especially for you?”

 

------------

“Okay everyone, let’s take a break~” SM's dance trainer clapped as signaling for break. “We will continue our dance pactice in fifteen minutes.”

“Hhh...” Baekhyun throw his body in the room’s corner and gulped down some water. But then he can see Suho is walking towards him.

Suho sits beside Baekhyun then ask casually. “You met up with her, right? In Shanghai.” He snatched Baekhyun water then drink it.

Baekhyun's shocked for a moment. “Ah.... I’m sorry, Hyung.”

“Are you sure there was no one who saw you?”

“Yes.”

“And why did Jongdae going with you?”

“He asked to come with me, to make sure there was no one following me.” Baekhyun showed his apologetic face.

Suho just nodded. “Why now and why her. Can you answer it already?”

Baekhyun was surprised with Suho’s question once again. He knows he can’t dodge it anymore this time. “Sorry, Hyung.... I know that I’ve caused too much trouble for us. And even our current condition is still full of negative news and we have to behave ourself carefully until everything settled down.  So, I only could say sorry for my selfishness.”

“If you feel sorry, then why don’t you stop?” Suho asked coldly.

“........”

“Give me an answer, Baek.”

“.....Because it’s her, hyung.” Baekhyun then continue. “Af first I also do think that I’m just running away from my loneliness after being dumped in a hard times. I strained myself for doing anything to approach her for more than a half year. But my feelings just grows even bigger.... Sorry, Hyung.” He buried his face behind his arms.

Suho smiled slightly after heard Baekhyun’s confessions. “She is one of some people that I looked up, Baek.” He speaks in such a soft tone.

Baekhyun lifted his head in surprise.

“In her eyes I’m not an Exo’s leader, but I’m Kim Junmyeon. That’s the way she always treat peoples around her. And what makes me more impressed is, that she always show to me the same amount or even larger respect that I’ve shown to her.”

Somehow Baekhyun can understand it too.

“I know you’re a good guy. And maybe for her, you’re the best man she could ever want.” Suho’s expression slowly getting bitter. “But there were too many unreasonable peoples out there who’ll hurt her, tho she didn’t do anything wrong.”

“.........”

“But I’m glad, now. Because it seems that you’re actually realized how badly you need to handle it carefully. So please, I ask you as your hyung, please protect Exo... and please protect her.”

 

-------------

“This is the third floor, right?” Eunji mumbled by herself, then opened her phone to text Baekhyun that she’s arrived. She leaned on the corridors wall as waiting for him. But her mind was suddenly filled with something.

It’s been three weeks since Hayoung said those things to me. But she refused to explain more, and ask me to just forget it after that. She said that she was just bubbling non sense after she found out about me and Baekhyun. But why does it feels like I’ve reminded that there was something that I missed all of this time.

“Hey.” Someone suddenly broke Eunji’s daydream.

Eunji’s smiled widely as handling a gift box to him. “Congratulations for your comeback, Baekhyun-oppa... Sorry, I can’t support you at your first stage. I also have a lot of comeback preparations.”

“You’re actually came to support me is more than enough. And what is this?” He asked excitedly.

“Cupcakes.”

Baekhyun chuckled “Waah~ Why do I suddenly feel so embarassed. How can I do something so cringy before.”

“I know right?! Ah, don’t forget to give Jongdae-ssi some too.”

“Wae?” Baekhyun asked with higher tone.

“What are you getting offended for? Well, I haven’t said my thanks to him.”

“Aaah, If that’s the case, I also haven’t said my thanks to Bomi-ssi.”

“You should bought her coffee next time.”

“Should I?” Both of them just laughed lightly. When their eyes suddenly met each other, Baekhyun patted Eunji heads softly. “You must be really tired these days. You should sleep anywhere and anytime there was an opportunity.”

“What kind of advice is that?! You asked a delicate girl like me to sleep anywhere?!”

Baekhyun just rolled his eyes. “Geez...”

“And why are you the one who consoling me? I’ve been in this idol world longer than you.”

“But I’m your oppa. Oppa! I’ve eaten much more rices than you!” Baekhyun knocked Eunji’s forehead lightly, makes Eunji pouted cutely. “But really, please keep your heatlh. Don’t forced yourself too much.” He Baekhyun said sweetly as reaching  Eunji’s hand.

“Um.”

Baekhyun feels so happy as seeing Eunji blushed. “I really do miss...” But before he could finished it, he suddenly let go Eunji’s hand in shock. His face getting stiffen and try to avoid facing Eunji’s.

Eunji was surprised with Baekhyun’s sudden change of attitude. She peek at his eyes and raised her eyebrows. “What’s wrong, oppa?”

Baekhyun didn’t answer. But Eunji can see he’s stealing glance at something behind her, which make her feels uneasy. When Eunji turned her body to check on it, Baekhyun finally muttured something softly. “Annyong..... Noona.”

Eunji can’t get more surprised than this.

Someone was standing there as looking at Baekhyun and Eunji with confused eyes. She’s frozen there as holding some oreo packs.

 

 

---------------------------------------------------

Hi, imraafa here. Another character popped out in this story again. Please welcome her warmly~ Next chapter will be filled with the two new characters. Don’t forget to leave some comments. And rather than called me as ‘authornim’, please just call me as Chi (well, imraafa is just a random username I’ve always been used). Please continue to support this story, I’ll try my best to improve my writing skills and my english too ^^