Moment 4: A Question

Is it okay to be in love?

Eunji already decided. She didn’t want to be mean by not saying thank you, but also didn’t want to be involved with Baekhyun any further by call him personally.

I’m glad we’re filming in different studios today. Maybe I should deliver my gratitude indirectly. But how? Ah, today there will be a music program recording, right? Maybe some of SM artist will perform on it. Should I asked them?

But in the end, she’s scared that it will just bring some misunderstanding and make Baekhyun in a difficult position. “Hhh... Maybe at another time, Ji.” She talked to herself, then walks to the recording studio. She doesn’t know that she will meet a perfect person for her purpose in no time.

 

“Annyonghaseyo.” Someone bowed to Eunji while she is busy looking at her script  in corridor.

“Ah, annyonghaseyo Suho-ssi.” She was surprised, then asks friendly. “You have a recording today?”

“No... I’m just visiting to support my sunbae’s comeback stage.” Suho pointing at Shinee’s waiting room.

“I see, it’s Shinee-sunbae’s comeback....”

“Yes... So, you have a recording today, Eunji-ssi?”

“Yes. Well, I hope it’ll be a daebak comeback for them.”

“Thanks... I hope your recording will go smoothly too. Then, excuse me first.” Suho bowed, then continue walking.

Before Suho could take the second step, Eunji suddenly called softly. “Ah, Suho-ssi?”

“Yes?”

Eunji hesistate for a moment, but then continue. “Can you please deliver my gratitude to Baekhyun-ssi for the album he gave to me? I promise I’ll listen to it.”

“He gave you? .... Oh, okay. I’ll say it to him.” Suho seems a bit surprise when he heard it. 

“Thanks. Then, see you again.” Eunji bowed.

Suho bowed back. “Yes, see you.” Before he knew it, Eunji already leave him alone in the corridor. Baekhyun gave Eunji his album? Are they that close?

 

-----------------

“Channie, is Baekhyun in his room?” Suho asked Chanyeol who’s busy with his laptop in their dorm’s living room.

“Yes.” He replied shortly.

Suho goes to Baekhyun’s room then knocked the door. “Baek, can I come in?”

“Sure.” Baekhyun replied from inside.

Suho come in then stands beside Baekhyun who sit on his work chair. “Are you busy?”

“No... I’m just trying to wrote some lyrics but nothing comes to my mind. What’s up, Hyung?”

Suho keep silent for a second. “Well, I met Eunji-ssi in KBS building this morning. She asked me to say ‘thank you’ to you. She said she’ll listen to our album.” Suho fulfill his duty first, although he’s intrigued to ask Baekhyun many other questions.

“Really?!” Baekhyun stand up excitedly. ”She said that to you?! Waah....” He is really happy, maybe just too happy. Though he wonders why Eunji doesn’t just call him, but taking problem by said it to Suho. Then he realized his hyung was still standing there beside him. “Ah I forgot, thanks Hyung.”

“.......” While looking at Baekhyun’s reaction, Suho decide to ask. “Baek?”

“Ehm?”

“Is there something going on between both of you?”

“Ah? Hehehe... How should I answer it? Maybe... not yet?” Baekhyun answered playfully.

“........Why now? And why her?” Suho asked coldly.

“Eh? What do you mean, Hyung?”

Suho hesistated if it is really okay for him to confront Baekhyun like this. “Why it has to be now, and why it has to be her, Baek?”

“What are you trying to say, Hyung? I still can’t get it.” Baekhyun somehow understand what does his hyung actually means with that questions. But he is too affraid to face it, and just hope that Suho thinks different matter with him.

“........” Suho just keep silent and slightly take a deep breath. “Well, nevermind. Good luck on your work.” He patted Baekhyun’s shoulder then leave the room, while his question still bothering Baekhyun’s minds.

 

----------------

“Are you alright, Hyung?” Jongdae approach Suho who stared blankless at their livingroom.

“Ah... yes.”

“Don’t lie~” He punchs Suho’s arms lightly. “I saw you come out from Baek’s room with uneasy face. It’s about that stupid kid and Busan’s goddess, right?” Suho was surprised with how Jongdae knew and talk about it. He makes a wondering face just like asked Jongdae how could he knew that.

“Well, I am the one who witnessed how Baek fallen to her spell tho. Kekeke~”

“So you saw it too?!” Chanyeol suddenly jump out from behind their sofa, and makes both Suho and Jongdae freaked out. “Woah~ So my speculation is right! Baek is fallen for that Busan girl.” Chanyeol said it excitedly.

Jongdae rolled his eyes and Suho just facepalm. “I’ll take a shower.”, Suho leave them behind.

"Eh?" Chanyeol looks puzzled with how Suho react.

“Talk about a great timing, bro” Jongdae smacked Chanyeol’s head lightly. But, he can't help to ask more. “So... when do yo realized it?”

“At Mubank year end special, last december.”

“Ooh.. It seems like we saw the same thing.”

Chanyeol response with a clap. “I know I am right.”

Jongdae feels a little bit irritated with Chanyeol's response. “Do you think it’s some kind of a Quiz, Giant kiddo?”

“Why are you so serious, Troll King?” He asked sarcasticly.

“Hh... Well, because Baek seems serious.”

“Really?” Chanyeol seems surprised.

“You don’t think so?”

“Well, I don’t know for sure. But somehow, I could understand why he is attracted to Eunji-ssi this time.”

Jongdae furrowed his eyebrows. “What do you mean? This time?”

Chanyeol sigh as if he’s about to explain something complicated. “You know how hard it has been for Baekhyun, right? Recieving all of those hates and terrors. I know he feels bad towards Taeyeon-nuna so much, because he’s a man and he felt responsible. That’s why when she asked to break up right after the official statement released, he just smiled and apologized to her. But I also know how he’s actually desperately needs her support. He can’t share his burden to us because he felt guilty. Then she met Eunji-ssi. Someone who looks strongwill and care others so much. Maybe unconciously, Baek attracted to those side of her. Well, he just need someone to heal those wounds which left by Taeyeon-nuna.”

“So are you trying to said that it doesn’t have to be Eunji-ssi as long as she is nice enough, because she will be just a temporary replacement?”

Chanyeol smiled bitterly. “I know it sounds really mean. But... yeah, I think it was something like that.”

“.........” There was a slight silence period between both of them.

“Yaaah~ Park Chanyeool~ Since when you’ve become a relationship expert, huh?!” Jongdae tried to liven up the mood.

Chanyeol chuckled. “I am indeed an expert you know! I can give you some discount if you do an early reservation for my consultation in the future!” He smirked. And to avoid any awkward period like before, they end up all of those serious disscussion playfully.

But they didn’t realized, someone actually could hear their conversations clearly behind the door.

 

Someone laughed in disbelief. He loose his feet strengh, then slided down againts the door and buried his own face behind his arms. “So in the end.... I’m just a jerk, right?”

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, imraafa here! I took a lot of turn over when I wrote this chapter, because in the process I asked myself “Did Baekhyun and Taeyoen were actually broke up?”. Well, no one knows and I shouldn’t bother with it in the end :v Some of you must be wondered how can I update so fast.. kekeke... the only reason is because I have tooo much free time this week -..-

Hope you enjoy it!

Ps: Please, find your confidence Baekhyun-oppaaa <3