Moment 12: An Assurance

Is it okay to be in love?

 

"Hello?”

“Thanks God~!” Baekhyun sighed in relieved. “You finally pick it up...”

Eunji actually feels sorry for not answering his calls. “...I’m sorry. I should have pick up your call sooner.”

“No, no~ It’s alright!” Baekhyun said eagerly. “But really, I feel so relieved now.” He expressed his feelings, but Eunji just stay silent and it makes him feel more worried. “What are you doing rightnow? I’m not bothering you right?”

“No. I’m already at my dorm.” Eunji anwsered shortly.

“I see...” Baekhyun can understand how uncomfortable for her to talk casually with him. He then tried to surpress his worriness with a deep breath . “Ji.... I’m really sorry.”

“.....For what?” Eunji tried to hide her trembled voice.

“For my silence and my cowardness.” Baekhyun sounds as if he's begging to her. “Sorry for not being able to say anything. I were leaving you alone to face it.” He started to hate himself even more after saying all of those things. “And sorry... for letting your hands go.” He clenched his teeth in regrets.

Eunji was almost to cry when she remember it. “You don't have to feel sorry.... It’s not like we’ve already in a certain kind of relationship.” She said coldly.

Baekhyun’s heart shattered in instance. “Ji....”

“Oppa... Is this the right thing to do?” Eunji asked in such a sad tone. “You’re not at fault. Maybe what we’re doing rightnow is the wrong one.”

“What do you mean, Ji?!”

“Because if we keep doing this, it’ll just hurt a lot of people.... Includes you.”

“No... No. That’s not true!”

“And if this will just bring sorrowness to others, I’ll never be happy for doing it.” Eunji continued without give Baekhyun a chance to argue back. “....Are you really sure about your own feelings, Oppa?”

“Of course!”

“Then please, answer me.... Why don’t you say a thing when we met Taeyeon-sunbae before?”

“.......”

“Oppa... You have to know, that this silence.... is the most painful answer for me.”

 

-----------

“Baek?” Taeyeon greet Baekhyun who sit silently in his practice room.

“Ah, annyoeng noona.” He bowed politely.

Taeyeon chuckled then join in to sit besides him. “To be honest, it still feels so awkward everytime you called me noona.” She grinned shyly. “Why are you suddenly asked me to meet up in an early morning? It’s great because I can still make it this time. But next time, you should call me from the previous week!” Taeyeon tried to pinch Baekhyun’s cheek playfully, but Baekhyun stop her hand politely which make her a lil bit surprised.

“I’m sorry, noona.”

“Ah.... What are you apologi....” Taeyeon can’t hide her awkwardness.

“I’m truly sorry.” Baekhyun sincerely apologized, causing Taeyeon more confused. “I still feel so guilty towards you. For putting you in a lot of hard times. That’s why I want to properly apologize to you once more.” He explained. “So, please..... forgive me.”

Taeyeon didn’t expect him to say those things to her again. “Well, I've already said it to you before, that it’s inevitable. Moreover, that’s the choice I had made myself. So you don’t have to blame yourself.” She slightly smiled.

But Baekhyun still can't erase his guilty feelings. “Noona... Are you doing fine rightnow?”

“Um.” Taeyeon answered happily. “Why?”

“....I just want to make sure about it.” Baekhyun answered hesitantly.

“What do you mean?”

“Baekhyun tried to mustered up his will once more. "Noona.... We are actually doing fine without each other, right?”

Taeyeon furrowed her eyebrows with confused eyes. “What?”

“I’m sorry if my question was too sudden, but.... I really need to clear my own feelings.” Baekhyun sounds so helpless.

“Clear your feelings?” Taeyeon tried to understand Baekhyun’s expression. He looks so apologetic to her, but at the same time hoping her to agreed with him. “Are you trying to make me to say that there was nothing between us anymore?” She desperately wants him to say no, but Baekhyun just answered her with his shaken eyes.

“Ah.....” Taeyeon couldn’t response properly. She never expect that Baekhyun asked her to meet up with him for this. Because she’s looking forward for the opposite. She tried her best to calm her feelings, but her eyes already filled with tears before she knew it. “Did you find another girl?” She can’t think any another question beside that.

“.....Noona, please don’t cry.” Baekhyun tried to console Taeyeon, but that’s not the answer she wants.

“I see...” Taeyeon can’t hold her mix feelings anymore. “I couldn’t believe it...” She said blankly, then laugh bitterly at herself. “Waaah.... I don’t know that I were this pathetic. I’m so embarassed rightnow!”

Baekhyun feels more sorry when he looks at Taeyeon’s puzzled reactions.

“Really, Baek.... That fast?!”

“It’s not like that...”

“Then like what?! So I’m the b’tch one here for dumped you before? You know Baek, no one can face those harrassment that I’ve recieved before. No one!” Taeyeon finally exploded as stood up from her place.

“Noona...”

Taeyeon can’t stop her tears. “God.... I feel so stupid rightnow!”

“Noona, I’m sorry.”

“Don’t apologize to me!” Taeyeon yelled out at him. “And please, just let me get mad at you for this time.... Please....”

 

----------

“Aaah. I’m so bored~” Naeun’s lying lazily on Apink’s dorm livingroom. “It’s raining pretty hard outside.”

Hayoung joins Naeun to watch their tv. "It's summer but the air still feels so cool."

“Do you guys want some watermelon?” Chorong asked from the kitchen, makes her dongsaengs scream ‘yes’ happily. “Geez... All of you just want to eat at the very first place.”

Eunji walks towards Chorong with a smile. “Let me help you, Unnie.”

“Thanks, Ji.” Chorong gave Eunji another half of the watermelon carefully. “Ah, yesterday, Yoseob-oppa searched over you. Have you actually met him in the end?”

“Um.” Eunji just nodded and keep focused with her work, but Chorong can see that she looks troubled when Chorong asked about him.

“So now, you've already knew about it?”

Eunji just raised her eyebrows in response.

“About his feelings. Hayoung told me about that.”

“Ah... Yes.” Eunji continues to focus on slicing to hide her surprised expression.

“He is a great older brother for us.” Chorong explained, just to make Eunji feels more sorry and cornered. “.....That’s why, he will definitely understand whatever decision you’ll choose.”

Eunji's widen her eyes. She never expect Chorong to say that.

“So please, just follow your heart, my beloved sister.” Chorong gave Eunji a motherly smile which makes Eunji feel so grateful towards her.

“Thanks, Un...” Before Eunji could finish her sentence, their dorm’s bell suddenly ring out.

“Girls, It’s me~” Apink’s manager call out from the intercom.

Hayoung ran to open the door for him. “What’s the matter, Oppa? There’s no schedule, right?” She asked while both of them walked to the livingroom.

“I've promised that I'll buy you guys jjajangmyeon right? So here it is!” He lifted some plastic bags with his hands.

“Woaaah~!” Naeun and Hayoung can't hide their exitement.

“Is there someone who said Jjajangmyeon just a moment ago?!” Bomi and Namjoo suddenly storm out from their room.

In a blink of eye, all of them was already rounded their manager to take their jjajangmyeon. “Ya! Why do you act like I never properly feed you before, huh?" He protested as giving it to them. "And, Ji...” He suddenly remember something. “I think you should go to the lobby rightnow.”

Eunji was actually ready to eat, but then stopped with his words. “What’s wrong?”

“You just have to go there. I accidentally saw someone familiar there.”

 

Eunji’s get into the lift with confused mind. She just follow her manager suggestion obediently without knowing anything. After she arrived at the lobby, she walks out then look around lazily. Nothing’s here... Geez, he must be decieve me, so he can taste my jjajangmyeon before me!

“Tch...” She get back to the lift angrily. But before she closed the door, she suddenly see a glimpse figure of someone. And it makes her automaticly storm out again from the lift, and take a good look at him.

Eunji slowly approach him who's fully wet in disbelief. “Baekhyun-oppa?”

Baekhyun was surprised with those familiar voice from behind him. “Ah... Ji.” He didn't know what to say anymore.

And Eunji was as surprised as him. “What are you doing here? Why don’t you tell me that you’ll come?" She looks at his messy appearence. "And look at yourself, you’re totally drenched." Eunji could tell that Baekhyun was waiting there for a long time.

“Ah... It's because I didn't bring my umbrella with me." Baekhyun ruffled his own hair to dry it. "Sorry for not telling you beforehand, I’m affraid that you’ll ask me to go home or get mad at me”

“Of course I'm mad!” Eunji yelled out in a sad tone. “Follow me!” She grabs his hands, then take him to the lift. “Let’s dry yourself first.”

 

Both of them didn’t say any single word to each other, until Eunji opened her dorm's door. "Come in."

"Is it alright?" Baekhyun asked in worry.

"It's not. But I can't let you stay wet like this."

"Unnie~ You better run here, before Bomi-unnie gulped down your jjajangmyeon!" Namjoo scream out after heard the door being opened, but the answer she got is the most unexpected one. Eunji and Baekhyun were standing right in front of all of them, while Eunji still holds Baekhyun's hands. Then Baekhyun bowed politely to them.

"Everyone..... can you let Baekhyun-oppa to dry himself here?"

Naeun chokes herself when she heard Eunji called Baekhyun 'oppa'. "..........." No one there could answer Eunji's request.

"Ya! Why does all of you stay frozen like this?!" Their manager tried to broke the silence. "Ah, do you need some changes Baekhyun-ssi? I brought some of my clothes that I left in my company." He offered awkwardly

"No... It's alright. I don't want to trouble you."

"No, I'm not. Here." He gave Baekhyun his clothes.

Baekhyun recieved it politely. "Thank you so much." He tried his best to smile, but every eyes in that room were still set on him in shock.

"It's okay, Ji." Chorong finally speak out. "He can't stay wet like that."

Eunji smiled thankfully to Chorong. "Thanks, Unnie." Then she takes Baekhyun to her room, leave everyone in the livingroom who're (still) in shock.

 

--------------------------------------------------

Hi, imraafa here. I feel so sorry to Taeyeon-unnie T.T But at the same time, I'm glad because Baekhyun's finally willing to fight for his feelings (he apologized a lot in this chapter~) Hope this chapter'll liven up your expectation. Thanks for all the subscribe, comments, and upvotes :)) And don't forget to let me know your impression of this chapter >.<