Let You Down

Let You Down

“Bye, Jinyoung!” You wave at the disappearing figure before you step into your apartment, you lock the door and you kick your shoes off. You shiver at how empty it feels inside, you suddenly feel like running back to your parents’ house because you’re getting lonely already. You take off your jacket and you place it on your couch, you turn on the TV before you walk over to the kitchen. You look at the plates in the sink and you roll up your sleeves, you begin to clean them – your apartment needs cleaning.

 

You accidently drop a plate when your phone vibrates in your pocket. “I hate when this happens – stupid phone startled me.” You let the phone vibrate as you clean up the mess on the floor and you throw the glass in the trashcan. You pull out your phone after you dry your hands with a kitchen towel; you hung it by the sink.

 

“Mum?” You raise your eyebrow at the ID, you look at the time and you get worried. Why is she calling at such a time? You press answer before you place the phone against your ear. You immediately pull your phone away from your ear and you wince. She’s screaming your ears off about something. “Calm down!” You snap, she pauses and that’s when you hear her crying hysterically like someone just died.

 

You’re more than worried now, “Tell me what’s wrong!” You demand hastily, “Hand the phone over to dad,” You say when she keeps sniffling and mumbling words you don’t understand. Seconds later your father is on, he’s doesn’t sound pleased nor does he sound angry.

 

“What’s going on?” You ask.

 

“Your sister got a mark on her neck.” He tells you and you frown not really getting what he means.

 

“What mark?” You question as you lean on your counter and twirl your hair with your finger as you wait for an answer.

 

“Marks young rotten children have these days!” You hear your mother cry louder in the background.

 

Tattoos?” You face palm when you father agrees. “I don’t think mum should cry – it’s a tattoo.” You roll your eyes and you slap your forehead a few times. They got me all worried, what the hell? You think as you make your way to your room. The dishes can wait, you want to lie down and sleep. You feel dizzy and tired.

 

“She’s not home. It’s past 9PM,” Your father reminds you, “This is not like her, your sister has been acting strange.” He adds.

 

“You mean stranger than usual?” He chuckles at that before he turns serious.

 

“I think something is wrong with her,” He says hesitantly, you lean against your door and you close your eyes. You try to find out if you have anything to do tomorrow after work. Lunch with JongHun. You think. She can come with us – I don’t think he’ll mind.

 

“Send her over to my apartment,” You say after a long, you can still hear your mother crying in the background. “Mum need to calm down – I’ll ask Twerp what’s going on with her.” You sigh.

 

“Thanks, Honey,” Your father says and you giggle, you’re about to hang up but he stops you. “Her grades are dropping.” Now that makes you worried, your sister is intelligent. She may be young but she has the brains but of course you’ll never admit that out loud.

 

“I’ll talk to her.”

 

¤¤¤¤

 

“No, you’re kidding, right?” You giggle pressing your phone closer to your phone; you’re working on someone papers a co-worker dumped on your desk the day before. MyungSoo is on the other line and you’ve been talking to him for an hour – your boss and JaeHyun’s brother are attending a meeting somewhere – you can pretty much do whatever you want, you just hope no one will rat on you.

 

You sit on your chair and you cross your leg over the other, you continue talking to MyungSoo and you immediately hang up on him when you see JongHun coming over. I forgot about him. You think and you begin to type and edit pictures for next month’s magazine. You’re already sick of working on the magazine; it’s annoying even though you’ve been doing this for years.

 

“Hey, JongHun,” You chirp happily. I hope Myungie isn’t pissed I hang up on him. You think with a mental wince.

 

“What time is the photo shoot?” JongHun asks, you look at him in deep thought.

 

“Tomorrow morning.” You answer pulling out the day’s schedule to make sure, you nod happily when you’re right.

 

“Who’s the cover girl?” He questions coolly, you roll your eyes – he sort of reminds you a little of someone but you can’t come up with who he reminds you of. “Or cover boy?” He adds as an afterthought, he shoves his hands in his pocket and waits. He has a camera hanging around his neck, he has a V-line shirt on and you can see his collarbone. You see the start of a tattoo but you don’t put much thought to it.

 

“Choi Gina and Yoon Dujun – I think we’ll have a few babies around.” You tell him with a shrug. Your phone vibrates and you ignore it, you hear a beep and you lock eyes with JongHun – he merely gives you a nod. You give him a smile and you pull out your phone.

 

Sis, I’m at your apartment! Dad said you have something for me ^^ ILY

From: Twerp

 

“They lied to her,” You mutter before you type a reply, you hit send and you tuck in your phone again. You look up at JongHun and you smile, “Early lunch?” You ask him, he gives you a lazy nod and you stand up. You grab everything you need quickly, “I need to head to my apartment first – you can go to lunch without me.” You say not really giving him a chance to respond you begin to walk away. You want to find your sister she’s a bit impatient you’re afraid she might leave.

 

¤¤¤¤

 

Preview:

You don’t know how long you both stand there and you don’t care. Your heart is racing fast and hitting against your ribcage like its fighting for its life. You feel his breath against your neck and you freeze before you unintentionally flinch away from him like he is poison. He throws you a questioning look before he reaches out for you again but you take a step back. You don’t know why you’re acting the way you are and it’s frustrating you, you see the hurt look on his face and you feel a squeeze in your chest.

I need to calm down. You think but your body starts trembling beyond your control. I need to tell someone. This is too big of a problem for me to handle.

 

^Well, looks like something big happened. What did you do to her this time, oh great one? LOL I bet he hurt her again /sobsforever. I thought I was on writer's block D: I wish I was tbqh LMAO. New oneshot, no, not WooHyun, I have one planned for him though LOL I need to stop writing new stuff, Jesus. Sungyeol's oneshot -->  Rejected Proposal.  Until Next Time :]