Let You Down

Let You Down

 

“I need you to re-write a few articles you sent to me a few weeks ago,” Your boss states before he shoos you out of his office. You roll your eyes and walk out of the office, you walk to your bed and you sit behind it with your palm against your cheek. I am so bored. You think as you begin to think of what to write to please your boss. He’s getting really annoying.

 

You throw your leg over the other and you start tapping your pencil on the blank sheet of paper you’re currently staring at. What do I write? You think tiredly. I’m so out of it today. You look up and stare at your working co-workers, they look so focused and you’re sitting there all bored.

 

“Choi Gina and Yoon Dujun are here,” You turn your head to your left and you blink at JaeHyun’s brother before you smile at him.

 

“And the babies?” You ask as you stand up and walk over to him. He hands you the files he has in his hands and grins at you.

 

“Already in the photo shoot studio with Woori,” He answers, “I’m not needed here today,” You give him a weird look at he chuckles. “JaeHyun is the requested photographer.”

 

“JaeHyun is here?!” You shriek and that causes you to earn strange looks from your co-workers.

 

¤¤¤¤

 

You enter the photo shoot studio and you wave at Woori as you walk over to her. She’s standing between six white cribs and beside her is JaeHyun. “Hi,” He greets casually. You examine him for a second and you smile. Nothing is has changed. Appearance-wise that is. You think.

 

“Hi,” You greet back before you attention is stolen away by the babies in each crib. “Whose babies do they belong to anyway?” You question. The studio is white-themed and a bit of bright colors around. You look around the room and your eyes land on Choi Gina, she’s talking to your boss and you notice them looking at the papers they are holding ever now and then.

 

“Scripts,” JaeHyun says with a laugh before he gets called by your boss. “We should meet one day.” He pats your head and walks away.

 

“Sure!” You answer and you feel eyes on you. “Uh, hey, Woori.” You pout when she gives you a skeptical look. “I haven’t seen him in a long time, that’s all!” You defend yourself before she says anything.

 

“We should totally go out after work today,” She tells you with a serious look. “You look kind of pale and exhausted.”

 

“I’ve been feeling sick – puking is not fun.”

 

¤¤¤¤

 

 “I think you’re pregnant,” Woori tells you with wide eyes after you tell her about the pains and discomfort with your body for the past few weeks. You stop walking and you gape at her before you frantically shake your head.

 

“I’m not.” You say quietly, “Let’s go before the sale is over,” You begin to walk but she grabs your wrist and stops you. “What is it?” You ask her feeling weak and tired.

 

“Buy a pregnancy test,” She says and you look away from her to the ground. Honestly, you’re having thoughts that you might be pregnant but you’re denying all those thoughts. Not now. You think as you swallow. You look back at Woori and you shake your head after shrugging your shoulders.

 

“We’re here to spend time together not buy pregnancy tests,” You clear your throat when it almost cracks.

 

“What are you afraid of? You’re in denial.” She lets go of your wrist and crosses her arms over her chest.

 

“I…” You trail off, “Alright,” You choke out and she smiles. She drags you through the mall and stops in front of a drug store. She pulls you in with her and looks around.

 

“There! I’ll buy one even though three do the trick,” She whispers as she walks towards the aisle. She grabs a box and shows it to you but you don’t bother to look at it. What do I do? You think as you limbs start shaking. What will MyungSoo say? My parents? You shake your head at that. I am not pregnant. As nice as it would be to be pregnant and knowing MyungSoo is the child’s father, you’re not ready and you know it.

 

You watch as Woori pays for the pregnancy kit and you let her drag you to the public bathroom. She gives you the pregnancy kit and shows you the instructions on the box. “Good luck – you’ll be fine.” She says as you enter one of the stalls. You shakily exhale as you tear the box with trembling hands. When the test is out of the box and you do what you have to do after reading the instruction.

 

“H – how many more minutes?” You ask Woori as you stare at the test.

 

“…1 more minute.” She answers from outside the stall.

 

Your lips crawl into a thin line and your eyebrows furrow. “Nothing,” You inform, “Nothing is happening,” A smile slowly spreads on your face. “Oh, thank god!” You exclaim happily and you blink away the tears that are threatening to fall. You walk out of the stall and you show it to Woori.

 

 “Buy two more after we’re done here,” She shrugs, “To be sure.” She ushers for you to throw the test and wash your hands before she drags you out of the ladies room. “Let’s enjoy shopping!” She shouts earning attention but you both ignore the attention.

 

¤¤¤¤

 

You unlock your apartment door and you quickly enter inside, you ditch the shopping bags by the shoe rack before you look the door. You kneel down in front of the shopping bags and you look through the first one, you pull out your shopping bag and you take your purse out. You stand up and open your purse with quivering hands. You pull out the three small boxes as you walk towards the bathroom on shaky legs.

 

“I can do this.” You whisper to yourself as you stare at your reflection in the mirror before you walk over to the toilet. When you’re done you stare at the test – 3 minutes seems like an eternity.

 

The pregnancy test is positive.

 

You freeze as you stare at the positive signs. You quickly throw the used pregnancy test in the trashcan and you take the second one, hoping that the first one was false. You read the back of the box before you rip the box open and you do what the instructions on the box tell you. You shut your eyes and cross your fingers. You bite the inside of your cheek as you wait.

 

You open your eyes and you feel your knees go weak. Your stomach gets knots in it and reality hits you hard.

 

You drop the test to the ground and you walk over to the other side of the room. You lean against the wall not taking your eyes off the test as you slide down to the floor. You pull your legs to your chest and you wrap your arms around them. You feel something vibrating in your pocket and you pull it out. The ID causes tears to stream down your cheek and your heart starts beating faster than it has ever.

 

Kim MyungSoo calling.

 

I need to calm down. You think but your body starts trembling beyond your control. I need to tell someone. This is too big of a problem for me to handle.

 

What am I going to tell him?! You stare at the ceiling and swallow a lump as you let tears freely rush out. You feel a headache forming because of the crying and the shock. He’ll probably hate me – I’ve ruined his plans. Mum and dad are going to hate me. The thought of your parents makes you cry harder and much louder.

 

What do I do now? He will be here first thing tomorrow morning.

 

¤¤¤¤

What do you do? You follow my advice of course: pack all your belongings – including the toilet since you’ll need it, magically buy a plane ticket and leave the country first thing in the morning. Do not inform anyone that you’re leaving at all. Come back when the child is 3 or older and when your parents, sister, brother, friends, your bosses, MyungSoo’s family and MyungSoo ask you who the child is you should tell them that you found the child on your doorstep one afternoon and if the child happens to take after its father claim the child had plastic surgery. Sound good? What can I say, my advice is the best LOLOL. Until Next Time  :]¡