Let You Down

Let You Down

You limp from the bathroom with a towel wrapped around your body, you get dressed into your clothes for the day. You look at MyungSoo’s sleeping figure and you walk over to him, you lean in and peck his lips before you grab some papers from the nightstand. You run out of the room and out of the apartment, you lock the door even though MyungSoo is sleeping inside, you’re sure he won’t go anywhere because he’s tired.

 

A neighbours walks out of the apartment and she stares at you curiously. “Had fun last night?” She teases, you blush and shake your head before you dash for the elevators. Was I loud? You ask yourself as you abuse the button. When the elevator doors open, you carefully walk out of the building. “Taxi!” You scream waving your hand in the air while the other one holds the papers.

 

You sit behind your desk and you begin to do your job. JaeHyun’s brother is currently in a meeting with someone and your boss is nowhere to be seen. You look at the files you find on your desk and you read the name on them. Baby fashion? You raise your eyebrow before you open the first files, you smile at how cute the children’s clothes look, and under each drawing is Woori’s name.

 

“Like what you see?” You look up from the file to your boss; you stand up when he gestures for you to.

 

“We need to talk about the upcoming issue,” He says as you walk beside him, “My lovely cousin is pregnant and she's my inspiration – I want to work with babies.” He informs you nod and write down what he says – well, what you find interesting.

 

“What are we going to call the next Issue?” You ask curiously, he stops walking and you do the same.

 

“You know what?” He pauses and looks at you. No, I don’t know what; you think and fight the urge to roll your eyes. “I’ll leave that to you,” He chuckles when you give him a strange look.

 

“But, Sir, I need to attend two meetings with you and –” He waves you off and you sigh.

 

“Take the day off – think of the front page and title, write a few articles,” He says sharply, “Before that though, someone from another company will be sent here to work with us on this project. I’m partnering him up with you,” He tells you, you raise your eyebrow curiously. Did he forget that I’m an assistant?

 

“Who?” You ask him, he gives you a weird look and you have an idea that he has no idea.

 

“I don’t remember, I’ll look him up later but he’ll be here in a few days.” He starts walking again and you follow after him. You both walk past Woori and you wave at her with a smile, she waves back at you. “Focus!” Your boss snaps.

 

“Sorry,” You blush, “Does this soon to be partner of mine do anything? Like what’s his profession?”  You can’t help but ask.    

 

“He’s a digital artist in training – I must say, I’m very impressed with his work.” He praises, “I have a file lying on my desk or in the drawers with his work.” You make a mental note to go check out what this partner of your is all about.

 

“Why do I need a partner for this again?” You question.

 

“His company – his boss loves your shots from Junra and the MyungTal couple photo shoots.” He answers with a shrug, you both step in front of the elevator and he presses a number.

 

“What?” You frown; “Those shots were taken centuries ago,” You over exaggerate a little.       

 

“Well, you’ve caught his eye.” He shrugs and steps into the elevator but you don’t. “His little minion is more like a spy; he’ll be watching how you do things without you being aware. This is your chance for a bright future – if you do things right,” The elevator doors close before you can ask him anything else. You blink. A bright future? You think confused as hell but you shrug the confusion off.

¤¤¤¤

 

You unlock the door and step inside, you turn on the lights and you lock the door. You find MyungSoo napping on the couch; you drop your bag on the ground and take off your chose before you walk over to him.

 

“Myungie,” You tap his shoulder, trying to wake him up but he turns away from you. You sigh and walk to the kitchen, you head for the fridge. I need ice cream, you think as you look for a bowl of ice cream. You raise your eyebrow at the sight of your fridge.

 

“Did you go grocery shopping, Myungie?!” You shout loudly for him to hear, “Well?” You ask impatiently as you pull out a bowl of ice cream.

 

“Your sister dropped by,” You hear his muffled voice.

 

“Why’d she drop by?” You ask sounding confused, you look around the kitchen for a spoon and when you find it you begin eating your ice cream. “She always calls me.”

 

“I don’t know – she’s your sister, your problem.” You look at the door and you spot MyungSoo leaning against the door with sleepy eyes.

 

“Go put on some pants, Jesus, Myungie.” You snap when you see him dressed in boxers and a beater, you then blush scarlet when he smirks at you. He walks over to you and snakes his arms around your waist. You both stand by the counter in silence, you eat your ice cream and feed him some when you remember that he’s right behind you.

 

“What are you thinking about?” You ask curiously, he doesn’t answer you, you frown. “Will you tell me?” You ask, hoping that he’ll answer you.

 

“Nothing important,” He says as he kisses you neck, “You smell good.” He comments, you wiggle your way out of his arms but he holds you again. You walk with him holding your waist to the fridge, you carefully place the ice cream back and you spin in his arms. You stare up at him and look at him, concerned.

 

“You’re awfully clingy,” You comment, “What’s wrong?” When he doesn’t answer you, you roll your eyes and pull away from him. You stomp your way to the living room and you sit on the couch, he follows behind you, you tap the empty space beside you. “Sit with me,” You order cutely, he does as you tell him. “Now tell me what’s wrong,” You hold his hand and interview his fingers with yours.

 

“Thank you,” He finally says after a long period of silence. You stare at him confused, “For what?” You ask, you’re sure if you were a cartoon a question mark would have been hanging on your head. He stares at you for a few seconds; you look away because you can’t handle staring into his eyes – not after last night. He’s eyes never once left yours; you blush in embarrassment and you stare at the ground.

 

“For last night.”

¤¤¤¤

What ever happened to no before marriage. The people of today make me wanna cry LMAO *DIES* Until Next Time :]¡ I might update again today but yeah, pray that my laziness stays away LOL. Block B or another group to step in? :3