Let You Down

Let You Down

You step out of the shopping mall feeling all fresh and comfortable. You scan the place trying to find his face and you smile when you see him on the bench; you sneak behind him and you cover his eyes with your hands.

 

 “Guess who?” You question childishly. Since when did I become this childish? You shrug the thought away and you wait for your answer.

 

“Hey, Baby,” He chuckles as he peels your hands from his face; you walk around him before you take your seat beside him and you smile.

 

“How’d you know that it was me?” You ask and you get your bowl from him, you look inside it and the ice cream is gone. “Did you eat everything?!” You half shriek with a horrified look.

 

“I was hungry.” He simply answers and your eye twitches, “And I knew it was you – who else has the nerve to sneak up on me?” He asks you teasingly and you glare at him.

 

“Shut up,” You mumble and you shiver at the coldness. “It’s getting cold.” You comment as you zip your coat.

 

“It’ll only get colder – keep yourself warm at all times.” He says firmly, “I don’t want you or the baby freezing.” He adds.

 

You nod and smile at him. “Yes, Mother,” He shakes his head with a smirk and flicks your forehead.

 

“Speaking of your mother – we need to tell our parents,” He says and you tense up. He sighs and cups your cheek, “Everything will be okay.” He tells you firmly but you look away from him. “I’ll be there with you, I promise.” You slowly meet his eyes and you sigh.

 

“I guess we have to tell them, huh?” You mutter as you intertwine your fingers with his and you smile how much affection and love he’s showing you with all the strangers around. He loves me. You laugh at the thought. There is absolutely nothing to worry about.

 

“Close your eyes,” He orders softly and you do as you’re told. You hear the sound of plastics and you feel him let go of your hand, you pout. “Open,” You open your eyes and you raise your eyebrow when you find yourself staring at his face. Your cheeks heat up at how close he is and you let out a nervous giggle.

 

“What am I supposed to look at? Your face?” You ask dully, “I think I’ve seen enough of it today.” You mock and he rolls his eyes causing you to laugh. You notice the he’s holding his hands behind his back. “What are you hiding?” You question curiously.

 

“Tell me you love me,” He whispers.

 

“Why?” You inquire stubbornly and he makes a face.

 

“Tell me,” He starts, “You love me and I’ll show you what I have behind my back,”

 

“I love you,” You mumble shyly, “I love you.” You repeat a second time and you wait patiently for him to show you.

 

“You mean it?” You mentally slap him.

 

“Of course.” You roll your eyes.

 

“Close your eyes again.” Is he serious? You pout and close your eyes. “Open.” You now find yourself staring at a pair of tiny light blue conserve shoes. You squeak and snatch the pair from his hands. “These are so adorable! When did you buy them?!” You shout earning attention from people but you continue screaming. “Ah! Thank you!” You wrap your arms around his neck and you squeeze him. You feel him pat your back a few times with a chuckle.

 

“You like them?” He asks sounding uncertain.

 

“Of course, you idiot,” You says as you start to tear up. “Damn, hormones,” You laugh lightly and you pull away to stare at the baby shoes. “So tiny.” You whisper staring at them in awe.

 

“I love seeing you smile,” You blink at the statement and you look at him with a smile. He stands up and stretches, “We have a movie to see – come on, pregnant one.” He teases and you glare daggers at him.

 

¤¤¤¤

 

You stir in your sleep when you feel the right side of the bed sink, you crack your eyes open and you let out a yawn. You scream bloody murder at the sight of a camera in front of your face and you quickly grab the bed sheets to cover yourself even though you are fully dressed. You grab one of the pillows at you throw it at him. “You jerk!” You shout angrily.

 

MyungSoo laughs behind the camera and you’re sure he is filming you. You cover your face and you bury yourself under the covers. “Go away,” Your voice is muffled by the pillow your face is buried in. “I look awful,” You add trying hard to ignore MyungSoo’s snickers. He laughs a lot nowadays. You think as you hand goes to rest on your stomach. Thanks to you.

 

“You’re glowing,” You hear him say and you roll your eyes before you emerge from under the bed sheets.

 

“At least let me wear something decent.” You snap and he shakes his head, you watch him turn the camera to himself.

 

“That was my fiancé,” He says to the camera, “She’s 7 weeks and three days pregnant.” He informs proudly. “Do you want to see her watermelon?” He questions and you grab another pillow you toss it to him with all your power and he dodges it.

 

“Our baby is not a watermelon!” You shout before you start laughing. Thank you. “Not yet anyway,” You add briefly.

 

He turns the camera to you and smirks. “5 seconds, baby, please?” He walks over to you and pecks your cheek when you give in. You lift your pajama t-shirt and you turn to your side. “It’s bigger than two days ago but not that visible yet.” He says and you’re sure he’s not talking to you but the camera. “That’s our little angel.” You drop your t-shirt and you collapse on the bed. You quickly sit up when you remember something.

 

“What is it?” MyungSoo asks looking away from the camera to you.

 

“There’s a bag in the living room,” You tell him, “Mind bringing it here for me? I want to show you something important.” He nods and walks out of the room. Whose camera does that belong to? You turn to your side and you notice your camera on the nightstand. His. You smile softly.

 

MyungSoo enters the room with the bag and hands it over to you; he climbs on the bed and sits behind you with his camera hanging around his neck. You sit between his legs as you dig through your bag, you pull out the large envelope and you open it.

 

“Mail?” He asks dully.

 

“No,” Stupid. You add. You take the ultra-shots from the envelope and you give them to him. You lean again his chest and you explain to him what the doctor told you.

 

“This is our baby.” You say as you point on the shot, “The doctor says this is the head or whatever – I was too scared to focus.” You giggle, “Isn’t he beautiful?” You ask softly.

 

“She.” MyungSoo corrects and you glare at nothing.

 

“He,” You say sternly. “This right here is a .” You tell him as you point at something random on the picture.

 

“Sure, baby,” He kisses the side of your face with a laugh. “When is the next appointment?” He questions and takes the shots when you hand them over to him.

 

“The doctor will call me, I don't know.” You say trying to recall what the doctor told you.

 

“I love you both,” He breathes on your neck before he places a kiss on it and you shiver; you hold his hand and intertwine your fingers with his.

 

“We love you too.” You whisper.

¤¤¤¤