Let You Down

Let You Down

 

You lazily drag yourself out of bed you turn your head to the side and you turn on the lamp on the nightstand before you blindly reach out for your phone. You wince at the bright screen and you blink a few times to clear your vision.

 

1:04AM.

 

You rub your belly after putting your phone away and you pat your belly a few times before you hop off the bed and walk over to the toilet. You don’t bother to turn on the lights because you know where the toilet is. When you’re done using the toilet you walk back into the bedroom and you climb on the bed with a tired yawn.

 

It’s so hot tonight- it was freezing hours ago.You think with frown and you kick the covers off. You turn to your side and you stare at the blank space. “Isn’t he home yet?” You ask yourself before you shrug and you turn off the lamp proceeding to go back to bed after patting the empty space.

 

3:37AM.

 

“Ow,” You sit up and you throw yourself back against the pillows, your jaw clenches the intense pain you suddenly feel in your stomach. You shut your eyes tightly and you massage your temples trying to make the pain go away. You crawl in fetal position and bite your lower lip when the pain doubles. Something isn’t right. You cover your forehead with your palms and you feel it burning.

 

“Oh,” You cry as pain shoots through your arms to your head making you feel light headed. You slowly get to your wobbly feet. “M – Myungie…?” You choke out and you swallow. Every step you make to the door causes more pain to run through your veins. Where is he? You think.

 

Am I having a –?You shake the horrible thought anyway. We’re okay, I’m alright. My baby is just fine. You try to convince yourself through the pain. You stretch your arms in front of yourself because you see nothing, it’s dark.

 

You feel the door after knocking a few things over on your way to it, you move your hand to the knob, you turn it and you lean against the door for support. Unable to handle the pain in silence, you scream out for MyungSoo hoping he is somewhere in the apartment.

 

“MyungSoo,” You breathe out breathlessly. Your feet give out on you and you fall to the ground, you scream thinking you’re dying and the pain becomes unbearable. Your insides are acting like they are on steroids and that’s when you feel that you’re wet. You touch your pajama pants and you feel the wetness, you swallow hard.

 

“Oh, no,” You whisper. “Think positive,” You blink back tears; something else rushes through you and it causes a kind of pain you’ve never felt before. “Ah!” You scream and tears stream down your cheeks when you finally understand what’s going on.

 

“Baby?” A sleepy voice calls sounding alert. “What’s wrong? Are you hurt?” You hear someone standing from the couch and the soft footsteps are heading your way.

 

“Myungie…?” You shakily voice out with a sniffle. “The lights – I need light,” You say and seconds later the lights go on. You can see MyungSoo standing by the kitchen but his back is turned to you. He must have been hot because he's only wearing sweatpants. You watch him as he stretches and you hear him mumble a few things under his breath tiredly. You look down at yourself and your eyes widen, you fail to scream. You look behind you and you see trailing blood from your bedroom. You look back at your pajama pants and your torso is bathed in blood.

 

You let out a scream and MyungSoo immediately spins around. “I’m losing the baby,” You whisper fearfully, “I’m losing our baby,” You whisper but louder this time, you look at MyungSoo and he stands there frozen staring at you with a shocked lost expression. “Do something!” Your shout slaps him out of his daze and he immediately runs over to your, he doesn’t waste time, he picks you up causing the pain to worsen.

 

“Calm down, it’s okay,” You hear the hint of fright in his voice and you hold onto him tightly. ", you're burning up."

 

“Myung,” You whimper, “Our baby – he’s not holding on,” Silent tears streak down your cheeks as you realize what's happening but of course, you don't want to admit it. Please tell me I'm dreaming.

 

“I’m going to call an ambulance,” He whispers as he gently places you on the couch. “Try to relax,” His expression darkens when he spots the blood and he grabs his phone from the table. He yells something into it; you’re too far away to know what he’s saying. "Hold on," You feel yourself getting picked up again  and he moves fast. You wrap your arms around his neck and you know he's running now.

 

“, you’re losing too much blood.” You hear him hiss out, you hear the sound of the elevator opening and you slip into the blackness. When you’re awake, you feel the breeze on your face and you open your eyes tiredly. Your legs are numb and your feet are cold.

 

You hear the sounds of the streets and traffic. Are we outside?

 

“Where…?” You manage to ask in a small voice.

 

“The ambulance should be nearby – they are caught in traffic.” He explains panting heavily.

 

“Myungie, I don’t feel our baby,” You whisper and you open your eyes but they fail to focus on anything. Everything is blurry and unclear.                                                                                                                                  

 

“Just hold on – I can’t lose you.” He comes to an abrupt stop. “There they are,” You try to turn your head but you’re too weak to even lift your finger and your eyes are lidded.

 

“The b – baby…” You stutter trying to keep your eyes open, you hear voices and you soon feel yourself being placed on something comfortable. You feel lips on your forehead and a quick rub on your cheeks. “Don’t leave me,” Your voice is lower than a whisper, you’re not sure if he has heard you or not.

 

“Don’t fall asleep, ma’am! Stay with us,” You hear another voice say and something is placed over your nose and mouth. “Sir, step aside.”

 

“No, I’m her fiancé – ” Your whole world goes black and your body goes limp. Wake me up.

 

¤¤¤¤

Uh, yeah, Imma start running before anyone stabs me or something LOL. Until Next Time! /oopies this is on hiatus now btw LOLOL. I bet you wish I'd come out and be all like "that's a joke/dream" it's not. I won't troll anymore LOL. Ignore typos etc