Let You Down

Let You Down

“…good job!” Your boss says as you both step out of the elevator, “You’re done with the Issue?” He questions looking through the files in his hands.

 

“Yes, Sir.” You say, you adjust your messenger bag on your shoulder before you yawn – you’re exhausted. You went to bed late last night because you had work to do. “I still need Woori to look through her drawings again – she still needs your opinion on them.” You both stop in front of his office, he mutters a few things under his breath before he enters his office. You both stop dead in your tracks when you see someone sitting across from his desk.

 

“You must be the new guy,” Your boss says dumping his files in your hands; you mentally roll your eyes and follow him inside. You stand next to the person sitting on the chair before you dump the papers on the desk. You watch as your boss shakes hands with the person who doesn’t spare you a glance.

 

“Meet my assistant,” Your boss says proudly, the person turns to you and he stares at you before he reaches out for your hand. You stare at his hand before you greet him, you give him a small smile but he gives you a confused look. What the hell? You think and let go of his hand.

 

“Choi JongHun.” He says bluntly.

 

“You can leave now,” Your boss tells you, you give him a bow and you make your way out of the room. Weird, you think as you walk over to your desk. You pull your chair and you sit on it, you place your hands at the back of your head and yawn. You start doing what you’re supposed to be doing after minutes of slacking off, you run errands here and there when you have to.

 

You go through a lot of things before lunch – you’re not going out today, you still have things to catch up on. It’s always busy when the company is working on something new for the coming month.

 

“Another photoshoot?” You look from the sheet of paper to Woori; you sit across from her and watch as she takes a sip from her mug. The smell around her tells you that she’s drinking coffee.

 

“Yeah,” She shrugs, “I don’t know which stars the boss will bring here this time – I highly doubt SM will agree, they are working with another company.” She mumbles looking from her coffee to the paper you just gave her. “Infinite is still on hiatus,” She remarks and you nod, she looks up at you and smirks, “You get to have him all to yourself,” She wiggles her eyebrows and you roll your eyes with a blush.

 

“Shut up,” You murmur, she laughs wholeheartedly.

 

“I forgot something,” She suddenly exclaims, you raise your eyebrow at her – waiting for her to say what she wants to say but she keeps the suspense.

 

“What did you forget?” You ask as you take the seat across from her and you cross your arms over your chest.

 

“You were limping a few days ago,” You feel your face go hot, you look away from her and you bite the inside of your cheek. “So,” She starts with a short laugh, “Did you do it with him?”

 

“…you need to look through y–your drawings, Woori.” You mentally kick yourself when you stammer.

 

“No way,” She begins, “No way!” She cries out loudly, she hugs herself and laughs loudly – leaving you staring at the floor with your cheeks on fire. “Was he good?” You shoot her a glare and she laughs even harder. “You’re growing up.” She says after she finally calms down. “You bad girl,” She adds with a slight smile.

 

“Shut up,” You pout before you can say anything else; you hear your name being called. You turn around and you raise your eyebrow at your boss, he waves for you to come over. “What does he want now?” You whisper to Woori and she giggles at that. You walk over to your boss and you stop in front of him, you groan when you see him holding some files in his hands.

 

“JongHun wants to take a look around the company’s old magazines,” He mumbles, “Entertain him – we need him.” He says as he walks past you.

 

You turn to him and frown, “Where is he?” You question.

 

“Waiting by JaeHyun’s old office.” He informs without looking back, you watch him stop by Woori. He tells her something and she immediately stands up and follows him to wherever he is going. You walk to JaeHyun’s office and you stop in front of it, you wave at JaeHyun’s brother inside it with a smile – he got married to his fiancée two months ago, you’ve met her. She’s nice and funny.

 

You spot Choi JongHun standing in front of your desk; he’s staring curiously at everything laying on the desk as if looking for something.

 

“Ready?” You ask, he looks at you through the corner of his eye before he nods. You spend your whole lunch showing him around and explaining things to him – he doesn’t say much and you don’t mind even though there are a lot of awkward silences. You’re back to your desk and you watch him as he goes through the project you’re both supposed to be working on. He removes some of what he worked on and shows everything to you.

 

“Incredible,” You whisper as you look through his digital work. You look up from his work and you narrow your eyes at him, he keeps staring at you and obviously, it’s freaking you out.

 

“You resemble my ex-girlfriend.” He says after a long period of silence.

 

“What…?” You raise your eyebrow in confusion and you turn your head to your side.

 

“She’s a lot younger though,” He mutters before he turns back to his work, he says nothing else and you just stand there confused. Dating someone who resembles me? Creepy much? You think before you shrug. It’s none of my business anyway.

 

¤¤¤¤