Let You Down

Let You Down

You snap out of your daze and you blink in confusion when you become aware of your surroundings. You look behind yourself and you notice that you’re back in your apartment from the hospital. You don’t even remember leaving the hospital or making your way back to your apartment.

 

You don’t remember much of what happened during your appointment with the doctor, you recall showing up at the doctor’s office earlier and you remember shifting uncomfortably in the chair. You remember a nurse urging you to lie on the bed and the annoying paper you lied on was crinkling.

 

You shake your head as you turn the knob of your apartment door and you make your way inside. You lock the door and you walk to your bedroom, you drop the bag on the bed and you zip it open. You pull out a large envelope containing your ultrasound printouts and you look through them with a shocked expression. The ultrasound pictures are telling you that you are pregnant and finally you’re not in denial when you look at the thing person your doctor said is your child. You run your hand over the picture before you drop yourself on the bed and sigh. I should tell him after he gets back. You think as you sigh and stare at the ceiling.

 

I’m so scared. A whimper escapes your lips and your eyes burn but you don’t let the tears drop. You shake your head firmly and you sit up. I’m not a child anymore. You place the picture back in the envelope and you tuck it in your bag. I hope he magically sees it. You hop off the bed and you walk into the living with before you head for the kitchen. You open the fridge and you reach out for some juice.

 

¤¤¤¤

“I keep getting the feeling that you’re hiding something from me,” You look up from your laptop only to find MyungSoo leaning by the door. “Work?” He points at your laptop.

 

“Yeah,” You answer softly.

 

“It’s too late to work – you should get some rest.” He suggests.

 

“I feel like working now,” You state calmly, “I don’t have work tomorrow.” You add as an afterthought. MyungSoo stays where he is and keeps silent, you can feel his eyes on you and it’s nerving. You feel like he’s analyzing each and every move you make. You stop typing on your keyboard and you stare blankly at the screen.

 

A tear escapes your left eye and you quickly wipe it away hoping he didn’t see it. You turn your back to him before you place your laptop carelessly on the ground and take in a deep breath. “I need you to hold me.” You declare softly as you wrap your arms around your stomach. “I’m sorry for acting weird,” You blink back tears. You turn to him and you stare at him through your blurry vision.

 

You watch him walk towards you; he stops before you and stares down at you with his piercing gaze. “Tell me the truth,” He crosses his arms over his chest stubbornly.

 

 You swallow hard and you slowly stand up, you grab his wrist and you tug his sleeve using your other hand. “Please?” You say desperately you’re on the verge of begging him to hold you. You look up at him and you bite your lower lip at the sight of a blank look. “Myungie…” Your lower lip trembles and you start blinking rapidly.

 

He carefully wraps his arms around you and you rest your head on his chest as you silently sob into his chest. You snake your arms around his waist and you press yourself against him. Your tears make his t-shirt a little wet but you continue shedding more tears as you hold him tighter – if that is even possible.

 

“I don’t know why you’re sulking and crying,” He murmurs, “But you need to get yourself together and tell me what’s wrong.” He says and he runs his fingers through your hair trying to comfort you. You finally stop crying but you’re sniffling every now and then. You don’t pull away from him or tell him to let you go, you like him holding you.

 

“All better?” He questions breaking the silence and you nod without moving your head from his chest. He stops your hair and sighs. “Let’s go out tomorrow – a date.” He pulls away from you and presses his forehead against yours; he wipes your tears with his thumbs and sighs heavily. “Where do you want to go?” He asks softly.

 

“Not the park,” You murmur and he chuckles lightly.

 

“Got it,” He says as he rubs your cheek with his thumb waiting for your answer.

 

“Somewhere nice,” You whisper but then you remember something. You slowly step away from him and you lock your eyes with his. You suddenly find the ground interesting when you see the hurt in his eyes. He’s hurting, you idiot. You mentally scold yourself. You wrap your arms around your waist and you can feel the slight bump.

 

“I…” You begin shakily as you look from the ground to him. “I n – need to tell you s – something,” You stutter and you start fidgeting with your fingers. He stands there waiting for you to continue even though you know he’s getting impatient.

 

“I…” You repeat but this time in a strong firm voice. "I'm pregnant, Myungie." You say, keeping your gaze locked with his. He doesn't scream, he doesn't blink, he doesn't even move. He just stands there; you're craving for him to react, to make a sound, to say something, anything. The silence hurt, your jaw begins to tremble. Your heart pounds erratically against your ribcage as if it’s trying to break free. You whole body begins to shake and your feet tremble under you. You try hard to focus but your fears begin to eat you up. “I’m s – so sorry.” Your voice quivers.

 

What?”

¤¤¤

I’m pretty sure I didn’t make you deaf, MyungSoo LOL. She’s like 7 weeks preggos, the bump is there just not very visible to blind people ya know LOL. And I dunno why they f¤cked without a – they both skipped health classes LOL I’d know. Don't have , because you will get pregnant and die! Don't have in the missionary position, don't have standing up, just don't do it, OK, promise? OK, now everybody take some rubbers.” LMAO Mean Girls is hilarious and will forever be one of my favorite movies. Until Next Time :] Exams were a pain in the yeah.