Let You Down

Let You Down

You drum your fingers on the table staring into your glass filled with water before your eyes flick to the phone beside it. You stare at the dark screen with a longing look and you bite your lower lip, you raise your hand and you look at your wristwatch. He should have told me he wasn’t coming instead of ditching me. You think as you take a sip of your water. You have no idea why you even invited him maybe; the conversation with him on the phone was awkward at its best.

 

You asked him if he can meet you tomorrow which is today and in the café you’re currently sitting in still drumming your fingers on the table. You have no idea what you’re going to talk about but since you’re no longer together – your heart clenches – you want your relationship with him to be left on good terms – that’s what you think you want at the moment.

 

You lean back and you close your eyes to stop the tears. What the hell? Stop it. You think to yourself as you let out a sigh when the tears stop forming. You tap your index finger on the glass watching the water move inside it.

 

You look at the time on your phone and you get frustrated. You lean forward moving the glass aside before you stand up from your seat, grabbing your phone in the process and shoving it in your back pocket. You walk over to the exit and just as you are about to step out of it, someone else enters. You freeze at the sight of MyungSoo, you can see through the disguise he has on that it’s him.

 

“Uh…” You start awkwardly and he stares back at you. You swallow thickly and you look away. “I thought you weren’t coming,” You explain yourself even though he hasn’t said a word. “…hi.” You greet with a nervous shaky laugh.

 

You find yourself walking beside him along the sidewalk to who knows where. You have your hands over your chest and you look at the ground as you walk forward, you watch his footsteps from the corner of your eye.

 

He doesn’t say anything to you and since you invited him to meet you – you’re surprised he even accepted – you decide you should be the one to start a conversation with him. You don’t know what to say and that makes you regret calling him out.

 

You feel that if you talk to him about what happened then you can feel less guilty and pain – says your counselor – you open your mouth but you close it seconds later.

 

“I only have 15 minutes left before I get picked up.” He informs and somehow that information makes you feel lower than dirt. You look away and you stop walking, he does the same when he notices you aren’t beside him. He doesn’t turn around to look back at you, you bite your lower lip and you stare blankly at him.

 

“Never mind,” You voice out softly, “Forget I called you out here,” You mutter and you watch him take a step forward to walk away from you, you reach forward and you grab his arm gently. “I hurt your feelings that day – I’m sorry.” You whisper and you step in front of him trying to search his eyes but all he shows you is his emotionless expression.

 

Please,” You say desperately, “I know you don’t care about me but please – say something.” You bite your upper lip waiting for him to say something or make a move.

 

“I’d be lying if I said I’m fine without you,” He chuckles bitterly and he peels your hand off his arms. “I still care about you.” He admits and you look at him with shocked eyes. “Because you,” He pauses and looks at you up and down, you feel uncomfortable and your cheeks heat up when his thumb traces your jawline. His hand retreats and he shakes his head, “Never mind.” He tells you, “Why did you – ?”

 

You interrupt him, “I miss you.” You say and seconds later your brain finally clicks to what you just told him. You stare at him with wide eyes and you see how surprised he looks but he tries to hide it.

 

“You –” You place your index finger to shut him up and you shake your head at him. You blink back tears as you try to continue speaking.

 

“I know you w – won’t forgive me for acting like she wasn’t yours too.” You identify the late baby as she because you know he wanted a girl, “And I’m not asking you to forgive me.” You lie – of course you want him to forgive you, that is the only thing you want from him now. “I’m sorry for neglecting you when we lost her,” Your throat tightens but you force yourself to continue.

 

“I know you had every right to break our engagement but , MyungSoo, it hurts so much.” You can’t help but throw in a cuss word in that sentence hoping it can express your current feelings. “I’ve promised myself not to cry about it anymore but I can’t keep that promise to myself,” You pause and you lower your index finger, you cup his cheek in your hand and you lock eyes with him and that’s when you notice he’s actually looking at you.

 

“I’m sorry for making you feel like the worst person on earth,” You murmur as you rub his cheek with your thumb, you feel him lean into your touch. “You’re not – you’re the best thing that ever happened to me.” You drop your hand back to your side before you hold it close to your chest. You stare at the ground and you sigh softly.

 

 “I’m sorry for being sorry – you’re probably sick of hearing me say sorry.” You laugh bitterly, “Your 15 minutes is up – you can leave.” You turn around attempting to break into a run but he grabs your wrist and harshly forces you back to him causing you to lose your balance and fell into his arms.

 

He wraps his arms around he holds your close to his chest, you feel his fast heartbeat when he makes you rest your head on his chest. You slowly wrap your arms around his waist and you feel him shake uncontrollably.

Your eyes widen in surprise when you realize what’s going on – he let his guard down, his walls are crumbling down. You release your hold and you try to look at his face but he has his face buried between your neck and shoulder. Having no idea what to do with your brain all jumbled up with various thoughts, you run your fingers through his hair and you turn your head to kiss the side of his head. “We’ll be alright, it’s okay.”

¤¤¤¤

She calls him at the end of chapter 24 over two times but he doesn’t pick up so she gives up – he calls her back a few seconds/minutes, REMEMBER? Good, so don't ask why he was calling her LOL Well, this chapter was a little unexpected for me LOL I had no idea what to write so this came up, if it then you LMAO JKJK Until Next Time :]¡