Let You Down

Let You Down

You step into your old room and stop by the door as you silently scan it. Everything is where it’s supposed to be, you sigh. I miss this room. You think but you’re not here to look around and admire your old room, you enter further into the room and sit on your old bed. MyungSoo and the others are downstairs; your parents are currently by your door, staring at you before they enter inside. Your father closes the door and holds your mother’s hand as they walk towards you. They stand in front of you and look down at you. You wrap your arms around yourself, not bothering to look up at them, you speak:

 

“Go on,” You start, “Be negative about me being engaged to MyungSoo,” You say quietly. The silence lasts for a few minutes before your father decides to speak.

 

“We’re not being negative.” He says firmly.                               

 

“You’re trying to not be negative.” You roll your eyes at the ground before you look up at them. “Can’t you just be happy for me?” You ask them almost desperately.

 

Sweetheart,” Your mother finally speaks, “We are happy for you.” She assures gently.

 

“Then what is the problem!?” Your voice rises but you lower it when realize how loud you are. “Is it MyungSoo?” You look from your mother to your father, trying to see if you can read them but their expressions are blank or just hard to read. “Is it because he’s famous?” They both shake their heads. Your mother sits at your left and your father sits at your right side on the bed.

 

“We’re just worried,” Your father says softly, you mentally sigh.

 

“You should be more worried about Twerp,” You begin, “She’s the only one home with you guys.” You remind them.

 

“We worry about all of you,” Your mother states firmly, “But right at this moment, we’re worried about you and where you’re going.” She says.

 

“My life is fine,” You tell her, you hear her sigh and you feel her shift into a comfortable position.

 

“We don’t think you’re ready,” She breaks the silence, “You’re still young and there’s so much you need to see before you decide to settle down – ”

 

“Is it really that hard?” You interrupt her, not really meaning to but you mouth runs before you can stop it. “Mum, dad, I love him, I love MyungSoo and I want to be with him.” You sternly tell them.

 

“Getting married is different from just dating,” Your mother says after a long period of silence, “You’re going to have to learn to not be selfish. You’re going to have to learn to get along,” She continues, “You’re going to have to tolerate things you dislike about each other.”

 

Your father joins, “You’re not going to say ‘Oh, lets break up, I don’t like you anymore’ it’s not that easy.”

 

“I’ll learn,” You say quietly, “I know I’m still young but I…” You trail off and swallow; you feel a lump on your throat. “I love him a lot,” You wince at how pathetic you sound and you bite your lower lip.

 

“We think he won’t have time for you – he’s always busy with his schedule.” Your mother remarks softly.

 

“We’ll manage somehow,” You state firmly. “He promised me that we’ll work things out,” You look her in the eye; she shakes her head and sighs.

 

“Since when has he ever kept a promise? He pretty much breaks half of the promises he makes and leaves you in a mess.” She scowls. 

 

Just admit it,You think rolling your eyes at the ground, you don’t like him. “You both hate him,” You say out loud, they both shake their heads quickly.

 

“Don’t misunderstand!” Your mother snaps, “We love you and we only want what’s best for you – your fiancé is suitable, honey but – ”

 

“Our guests are waiting,” Your father interrupts her, “Think about this,” Your father stands up and your mother does the same, “Think about the engagement before you get married to him.”  Your mother leaves the room first and before you can leave your father stops you.

 

“Yes?” You question with a sniffle.

 

“We love you.” He says with a small smile.

 

¤¤¤¤

 

You step before your apartment and you dig into your pocket for the key. MyungSoo is standing silently beside you as he waits for you to unlock the door; you’re having a hard time placing the key in the keyhole because of your shaking hand. MyungSoo takes the key away from your hand and he unlocks the door for you.

 

“Thanks,” You say not paying attention; your mind is far off somewhere else. MyungSoo invites himself in and walks closely behind you like a shadow.

 

“What did your parents say?” He asks curiously, you shake your head as you drop your purse on the couch and you head for the bedroom. You walk into it and you turn on the lights with a sigh. “Talk to me,” MyungSoo says, he gently grabs your wrist and spins you to face him, he cups your cheeks. He leans in and before he can kiss you, you push him gently away.

 

“I’m tired,” You murmur with a yawn, “The mattress is somewhere in the apartment – I’m going to bed early today.” You tell him, your heart clenches at the sight of his sad face. You sigh and cup his cheek; you get on your tiptoes and peck his lips. “I’m sorry,” You whisper sadly but you give him a smile, “Welcome back, Myungie,” You say softly as you rub his cheek with your thumb. “Welcome back,” You repeat.

 

You wrap your arms around his neck and you jump – you wrap your legs around his waist and he stumbles back slightly. You rest your head on his shoulder and you nibble his ear before you pout. “I’m so tired today,” You mumble, “Are you spending the night here?” You ask him, you feel him nod and you feel him hold you tighter. “I missed you so much,” Your eyes burn and you blink back tears.

 

He chuckles, “I missed you too.” He kisses you cheek and through his fingers through your hair. He walks further into the bedroom and he gently places you on your bed. He kisses your jawline and captures your lips in a kiss; he pulls away before you can kiss him back.

 

You look up at him and you blush when he stares right back, you turn your head to your side but he uses his hand to make you face him. “Don’t,” He whispers as he fully gets on top of you and between your legs, “Don’t look away.” His eyes seem to have this power or so you think, you slowly nod. You bring your hand to the back of his neck and you bring his head back, you kiss him.

¤¤¤¤

Her parents don’t want her and MyungSoo to f¤ck, that’s why they’re negative LMAO JKJK I’M KIDDING! So basically, they f¤ck after this LOL. Until Next Time :]¡