What could you do?

Daddy Where's my Mommy?

 

 

Taemin was pushed on the edge trying to win your mother to his side. But your mother would just not let Taemin. If Taemin was so set on marrying you, your mom was so set on being against it. Like two magnets having the same pole, they repel each other. But one thing is for sure, both of them love you so much to give up on what they are fighting for.

 

“What could you do? Can you give my daughter a good life? Can you? Can you give her everything she wants and needs?” your mom mocked Taemin.

 

“I’m not perfect. I cannot give everything she wants. I cannot promise anything. In the end, I can only love her. One thing for sure is that my feelings for her are true. I love you more than anyone else in this world.” Taemin didn’t even blink. There was no hesitation in his voice when he answered your mom.

 

“Is that all you can say?! Sweet but empty promises wherein my daughter had no assurance to hold on to? That was why I never wanted you for her. You cannot give any assurance to you! I will never give my daughter’s hand to you.”

 

“I don’t want to make any false promises just to impress you, mother so that you would just consent on our marriage. Besides, I don’t want you to have your hopes high on me and expect me to do things that I cannot. I just want to have a simple and happy life with you.  I just want our family to be complete and be a joyful one. I want my sons to grow up with their mom beside them. I do not want anyone else to complete my family but you.”

 

“I hated you all this time Taemin. I always knew that a time would come when my eldest daughter, my most favorite and beloved, would leave my side and have a family of her own. But I never expected for it to come so soon. You have taken her away from me just before I was ever ready for it. Did you think it was easy? It wasn’t easy for parents, especially for a mother like me to have her child taken from her so soon. But what made me hate you most was you left her on the time she needed you most. That was when I decided to never trust you and hate you.”

 

“Eomma.” You said, embracing your mother. Tears slowly ran down her cheeks as she told her feelings that she had long kept even from you.

 

you was my pride and joy. All this time it had been her. She has always been the one who was trying to please us. She is a loving daughter, a kind sister to Soojung and Sulli, and a granddaughter who was eager to try and follow the teachings of her halmeoni. However, it all changed when she met you. We no longer became the most important to her. You are her world Taemin. Always.” Your mom sobbed. “Why do you have to come at such a time?”