Taemin, Taemin Won’t You Look at Me?

Daddy Where's my Mommy?

 

 

Sure Taemin had gone back into the office once you had convinced him that Kai has no place to go in between the two of you. You had assured him that the one and only person in your heart is the father of your kids and that would be no other than him.

 

However, you missed the awful silence that is filling the house due to his absence. You had missed him and his crazy yet sweet antics. You missed how he brings you breakfast in bed, how he spoils you by spoon-feeding you the food you were craving for, and by your now fast-growing tummy.

 

You sighed. Now you were stuck at home with you two year old son who is starting to study how to write his name, your name, and Taemin’s name. Jaemin was busy with doodling on the Pikachu notebook Taemin had given him.

 

He likes Pikachu too? He’s really like his father. Like father like son. You thought as you continue to gaze lovingly at your precious little baby. Well just in a few more months there would be two of them. However, you were somewhat afraid how Jaemin would react once his baby brother is born.

 

Yes, another baby who would take on Taemin’s name. You had found out in your last ultrasound on your check up that the baby is a boy. Taemin was more than enthusiastic and happy about it. He had told you his plans: what name would he give the baby, where the baby would sleep, the clothes he wanted to buy for the baby, and almost everything he could think of.

 

Going back to your previous train of thoughts, you can’t help but think about how Jaemin would take things when the baby is there. Somehow, Jaemin might get jealous with the baby and he would fight for the affection. All babies are like that. So you thought that you must get Jaemin to act like a responsible big brother even before you give birth.

 

It was already late in the evening and Taemin hadn’t entered the bedroom. Usually, he comes home early and he would be the first one to tug you to go to bed then he would cuddle up to you until the two of you fell asleep. But now, Taemin hasn’t showed up yet. You can’t help but wonder why.

 

The next day, you found the other side of the bed empty. Taemin had gotten off to work as the helper had told you. He had come home late from work and he had left early without saying anything. It had become a daily routine. It just had left you sad and lonely. You had also tried calling him but he’s always in a meeting or out in the site. You were starting to get depressed over him not spending time with you.

 

One evening you had decided to stay up late and wait for him. You waited and waited until you fell asleep in the living room. You were woken up by the sudden feather light touch on your lips. You had realized that it was Taemin who had kissed you. You bolt upright and longingly looked at him as tears sprung from your eyes.

 

“Why are you crying?” Taemin asked you. You did not respond but only embraced Taemin clutching him tightly to you. You were afraid that if you didn’t do this he might once again leave without you knowing.

 

Taemin carefully picked you up and carried you into the room. He gently placed you on the bed as you sobbed continuously.

 

“Why are you crying?” Taemin asked once again wiping your tears away.

 

“It’s because…” you sobbed “it’s because I terribly missed you. I haven’t seen you at all lately. I felt like I’m almost going to break down.”

 

Taemin hugged you and patted your shoulder. “I’m sorry my love. I was just busy with work. I finished everything in my 6 months worth of work. I’m sorry if I made you feel neglected.”

 

You just continued to sob at Taemin half paying attention to what he said.

 

“But you know what? I’ll be staying here again with you in the house. I filed a 6 month leave.”

 

You stared at Taemin confused.

 

“I filed a leave so I can take care of you personally and attend to your needs. Because you see, I wasn’t able to do that when you were pregnant with Jaemin. So I wanted to make it up to you.”

 

You broke into another series of sobs. This time, however, was because you were so touched by what Taemin had told you. He had sacrificed a 2 weeks time of not seeing you so much just to be with you until you give birth.

 

“I thought you have forgotten about me.”

 

“How could I ever forget the woman who took my heart away?”