What If

Daddy Where's my Mommy?

 

 

You were taken by surprise by Kai’s sudden question. Although it wasn’t really a question, more like a wondering statement, but still, it’s very awkward.

 

“Huh? What did you say Kai?” You asked him in disbelief.

 

“Have you ever wondered you that if we were the ones to have met first, we would be a happy family?” Kai asked looking at you straight in the eyes. The smile never left his face.

 

“What are you saying Kai?”

 

“Your mom has told me everything that has happened to you. Taemin didn’t, at first, accept the fact that you were carrying his baby right? That was the reason why you left to London. That’s why we met there.”

 

You couldn’t deny what Kai had just said. Everything he said is absolutely true. However, the idea of him knowing all of this did not please you in the very least. Why has your mother told him about all of this?

 

“I don’t know why umma told you those things, but, things have changed Kai.”

 

“Have they?”

 

“Taemin is not anymore the jerk he was years ago. As you can see we are both happy with what we have now. We are happy to see that our kids were both healthy. Everything is going well for us.” You were at loss for words to say.

 

“I know.” Kai said making you look at him in confusion. “I’m not here to ruin your relationship with him. Let alone, your happiness. However, I cannot say that I am happy with that. You should know by now my feelings for you. I love you.”

 

I love you. Kai said those three words that weren’t supposed to be said. He couldn’t just say that to someone who already has a family. It’s wrong, so wrong.

 

“Kai this isn’t right.” You told him. By now he had placed Jaemin on the bed, pulling the covers over your son’s small frame.

 

“I love you you. I love you so much. I want to be with you, with you and the kids. Although it’s ridiculous I’ve grown to love your babies even if they were not from me. you tell me that you love me and we could go to London. You, me, and the kids – we’ll all go there and start a new life.”

 

“Kai what about Taemin? Do you expect for him to just let go of it like that? And it isn’t right. The kids-”

 

“I can be a good father to the kids.” Kai took your hands and looked at you with pleading eyes. “If it was me who got you first, if I was Jaemin’s father, I wouldn’t let you go away from me unlike what Taemin did. I wouldn’t let you go to London to meet someone who would also fall for you. I wouldn’t let someone else fall in love with you. I will keep you all to myself. I’d fight for your hand. I would show your parents that I’m worth it. I would show them that I could be a good husband to you and a son-in-law they’d be proud of.” He pressed your hands together and kissed it. “Think of it you. Think of it carefully. Think of the things that could happen if the two of us are together.” With that Kai had left you motionless and in deep thought.

 

What if Taemin hadn’t come first into your life? What if it was Kai who had gotten you pregnant? What if he was the father of your kids? These thoughts ran in your mind.

 

What if Taemin promised you all these things Kai had promised you?