Unexpected Visitor

Daddy Where's my Mommy?

 

 

You were teaching Jaemin how to prepare milk in a bottle. With his little hands, he was shaking his bottle so that the milk would dissolve in the water. You watched as he successfully make his first attempt to make milk for himself. Jaemin happily removed the cover of the feeding bottle, proud of his achievement. You smiled at him and patted his head.

 

It had been two weeks since you gave birth to Taehyun who was sleeping peacefully in the crib. Taemin had gone off to the office because there were tons of paper work and meetings waiting for him. Though his long vacation is not yet through, he was compelled to go back to work. After all, he is the bread-winner in the family. He has two sons to feed and a lovely wife to take care of.

 

So there you are, cradling Jaemin in your arms as he finished his milk. It was 2 pm and Jaemin has to take a nap. You were putting him to sleep as you hum a song and pat him lightly. Jaemin was slowly dozing off.

 

You had long decided that you were going to treat Jaemin as much as you treat Taehyun so there won’t be rivalry between them. You were taking your time teaching Jaemin the things he should do as a big brother and gladly, Jaemin was taking the hang of it. Yesterday, he had told you that he’s already a big kid and no longer a baby. But, you told him that even if he’s all grown up he’d still be one of your babies.

 

Jaemin had fallen asleep in your arms. You wanted to put him to bed but you found it hard to get up. And so, your savior came.

 

“Hi.” Kai greeted you. He was giving you a warm smile, the smile you hadn’t seen in months.

 

“Oh hi Kai.”

 

“They told me you already got out of the hospital a week ago but I just couldn’t come and visit you. I was taking care of things.” He told you. You presumed that it was either your sisters or your mom that had told him that. “I brought you a present.” He said. “For you and for your babies.” He added. Seeing how you couldn’t take the gift from him, he volunteered to take Jaemin from your arms and put him on bed.

 

“Thank you Kai.” You said. You noticed how he hasn’t put Jaemin down yet. He was looking at your son and smiling at him as if he had found something very amusing.

 

“You can put him down now Kai, if you want. Jaemin’s quite heavy.”

 

“No, it’s okay. I hope you don’t mind me carrying him in my arms for a little longer.”

 

“Uhmmm… okay… I guess.”

 

“He doesn’t look like you.” Kai commented.

 

“Yes because he looks like his father.” You agreed with him.

 

“I wonder… if we were the one who got a baby, would the baby look like you?” Kai mused.