Hello Baby

Daddy Where's my Mommy?

 

 

Eight months passed by quickly since you found out that you were pregnant once again. You were surprised that you’re already on the ninth month of your pregnancy. Time flies sure fast when you’re enjoying.

 

Taemin was lying down on the bed beside you. Your baby, Jaemin, squished himself in between you and his dad. He was using your rounded tummy as his pillow. He would run his little hands to your tummy. He would switch from talking to his soon to be born little brother to kissing your belly. How adorable. Then Taemin would also do the same. The three of you were a picture of a perfect happy family.

 

“Mommy, when will my brother come out?” Jaemin asked you.

 

“Soon, very soon you will see him Jaemin.”

 

“Can we play together?”

 

“Not yet son.” Taemin answered for you. “Your baby brother still has to grow up like you so the two of you can play. Let’s go to sleep now. Mommy needs to rest. Say good night to mommy now.”

 

“Good night mommy.” Jaemin said giving you a kiss and a warm embrace.

 

“Good night baby.”

 

Taemin took Jaemin back to his nursery room just beside your room. You were so overwhelmed with joy at how Jaemin has been anticipating his baby brother. You could not help but smile at Jaemin’s bubbly behavior.

 

Suddenly you felt a kick. The baby was kicking inside you as if he already wanted to get out and see the world. Another movement came from the baby. It was followed by a sudden pain at your abdomen. You struggled to get up thinking that it was just another one of those bowel activities. But shoot! It had gotten more painful. Every inch of your body is starting to ache.

 

Taemin went back to your room only to find you in pain and clutching on to the sheets and your swelling belly. He rushed to your side asking you what’s wrong. You told him how your abdomen hurts so much.

 

“Let’s take you to the hospital.”

 

“No Taemin. I don’t think I’ll be giving birth right now. It’s too soon. It’s not my due yet.”

 

“But we have to make sure!” Taemin said worriedly. “Come on let’s get up and take a light walk. You’ll need it just in case you are to give birth.”

 

“Okay.” You weakly said.

 

Taemin helped you got up from bed slowly. With one arm wrapped around your waist and another holding you, the two of you went to take a walk downstairs. Taemin was careful enough to take note how dangerous it is for you to go down the stairs.

 

“Careful. Just take it slowly.” He told you.

 

The two of you walked for like 20 minutes and still the pain in your abdomen is there. It really feels like the baby is coming out any time later. You told Taemin to stop walking.

 

“Taemin I can’t take it anymore. I think I’ll really give birth.”

 

“Let’s take you to the hospital.”

 

Taemin had called for the helpers and the driver to prepare everything as the two of you go to the hospital. There’s no time to waste. You are going to give birth and any delay might cause a hazard in you and the baby. Taemin won’t take that. He won’t risk you and the baby getting in trouble just because of his negligence.

 

You were rushed into the emergency room as you and Taemin arrived at the hospital. Taemin never left your side for even a second. He was there all along holding onto your hand whispering you words of love, comfort, and assurance. He promised you that everything will be okay.

 

You were taken into the delivery room. Unfortunately, only pregnant women who were laboring and doctors, along with nurses, are allowed inside. Taemin was stopped from going in. Despite his efforts and pleas he wasn’t allowed to step a foot inside. He has to wait for you and the baby come out.

 

“Please let her and the baby be all right. Though it may not be the first time she delivers a baby, it is my first time to be with her at a time like this. Please let everything go well for them. I would not be able to take it if something were to happen. I’d do everything, even if it needs me to give even my life. Just for you I’d do everything – for her and for our future together.