A Boy from the Past

Daddy Where's my Mommy?

 

 

You were occupied with the activities every mother is going through. Taking care of Jaemin is in the top of your priorities, of which, sometimes, Taemin finds so unfair. You suddenly recalled one of the many conversations you had with him about this:

 

“Why should our son be in the utmost top of your top priorities?” Taemin frowned at you.

 

“What’s wrong with that? Besides that’s what all mothers do. If you have problems, it’s none of my concern. However, who should be in my top list?”

 

“ME!!!”

 

You stared at Taemin disbelievingly. How childish could he get?

 

“Wae?! I’m your husband. I should be first then our kids will come second.”

 

“You’re not even my husband to begin with so you’re next after Jaemin.”

 

“No!!!” Taemin stomped his feet. “You’ll regret this.”

 

“What?!”

 

“I was even thinking of taking you to Paris when we got married hmm… well of course that will be after our second baby is born… We’ll go there huh? To Paris, just you and me.”

 

Paris… the city of lights and love. The place every girl could dream of going together with her beloved one. Taemin promised to take you there after you give birth to the baby. The baby… you are two months pregnant now. Time flies sure fast.  Had it only been weeks ago when you and Taemin ran into each other and got reconciled? It sure felt like yesterday.

 

You sighed taking a seat. Your son was riding his bicycle in the garden. He looked so happy and full of energy. You wonder if you hadn’t run into Taemin that day would you ever get to see your baby. You were thankful that you had run into him that day. If it wasn’t for that the two of you wouldn’t have gotten together again. Thus, you wouldn’t get pregnant with your second baby. Isn’t that wonderful? Two people who have been separated for long had gotten together again. Fate must have really favored the two of you.

 

 

A little while after, one of the helpers told you that your sisters came to visit you. You hadn’t expected this; however, you were glad to see them. But what surprised you most is the unexpected visitor from the past.

 

“Kai?”