Little Brother

Daddy Where's my Mommy?

 

 

You were having our breakfast together as a happy family for the first time. There was only Taemin, you, and your son. Taemin decided that he would not go to work today since he wanted to spend the day with you and Jaemin, which you appreciate very much. You appreciate it not because he's doing it just for you, but he's doing it for Jaemin's well being. You didn't know that Taemin is very thoughtful and loving father to your baby. Probably, because you never thought of him that way before. Could time possibly made him to become like this?

 

On your part, You knew you were not a very good mother and so you were trying your best to get closer to your son and to make him feel that you love him very much. Who knows how much you have longed to be with Jaemin. But then, you were not so ready to become a parent yet. But this time, you're going to do everything you can just to cover up for that 2 years that had passed.

 

You were spoon-feeding Jaemin while you also eat your breakfast. Both Taemin and you were talking casually when a shocking question was thrown at us by your little angel.

 

"Mommy, Daddy, can I have a little brother?"

 

You swore your eyes would have popped out of its sockets and your jaw was almost on the floor. You did not know how to react to that question. How can a 2-year old possibly ask a question like that?

 

You heard Taemin laugh so hard. He was laughing to his heart's content. You shot him a glare but it didn't stop him from laughing, although he was trying to hold back.

 

You sighed and looked at Jaemin, who was staring intently at the two of you. You could tell that he was confused as to why his dad was laughing like crazy by his simple question. No scratch that. Complicated was the right term.

 

"Jaemin-ah..." Oh no! What are you supposed to say? "Uhmm... Jaemin-ah you can't just ask things like that. Er...." You looked at Taemin, who was stifling a laugh, with pleading eyes, asking him to help you.

 

He cleared his throat. "Jaemin-ah, why don't you just finish your food? After that you can play outside."

 

Your son seemed to be delighted with that. Thank goodness he wasn't the type of kid who doesn't want his questions unanswered.

 

And so, Taemin and you were alone. You literally dragged him upstairs to the room you now share. You just had to talk to him in private for you could not afford your son seeing and hearing the two of you argue or whatsoever.

 

"Tell me, were you the one who told Jaemin that thing?" you asked.

 

"What? I have nothing to do with that."

 

"Lee Taemin!!!"

 

"I swear I didn't do anything. But I must admit our son is intelligent and probably it's really time for us to have another baby because I don't want the between our children to be so big."

 

Oh no!

 

With his body pressed so close to yours, he began to whisper in a very y and husky voice, "We might as well start as early as now."