Chapter 9

Extermination.

I woke up in the hospital, it was night time so not many people were around. I had my room to myself and the only light in the room was the night light. I felt someone sleeping on my lap, turning my head I see Baekhyun. He was sleeping peacefully, his hand intertwined with mine.  

The only sound in the room was the sound of the machines running. I shake his hand lightly, “Baekhyun, why are you still here?”

His head slowly starts to rise, looking at me sleepily. “Oh, you’re awake!”

“Why are you still-”

“The members told me you needed someone to stay with you, so here I am!”

I smile, “Ah, that’s why.”  

“I also wanted to stay for you!” He quickly adds.

“Who wouldn’t?” I ask him, both of us laughing.

“So are you feeling better?” He asks, glancing at the bandage around my shoulder.

I nod, “I don’t think I can film for awhile though.”

“That’s fine, as long as you heal up!”

“So did you catch the guy?” I ask him.

“The rest of them probably did, I was in charge of watching you.”

“Is that so? I’m happy then!” Baekhyun looks into my eyes as if he were looking for an answer to something. “Hey Eunmi, about yesterday-”

“It’s fine really, as long as everything is okay right now.”

“Yeah, as long as everything is fine.”  He replies, looking away and back at his hands.

“Hey Baekhyun, when are the rest of the members coming?”

“Soon Eunmi, soon enough.”

“Also, I have been having flashes of these memories.”  

“What? What kind?” He asks, pulling his chair closer to me.

“J-Just some with Jongdae…”

“Ah-”

“And you.”

Baekhyun stares at me for awhile, comprehending what I just said. “Do you...remember me?”

I shake my head, “Not fully. But may I ask what’s with these memories?”

He frowns, “I’m not the one to tell you about it, Junmyeon is.”

“Why can’t you?”

“I just can’t okay Eunmi? Anyways, go back to sleep, I need to head home now.” He says, standing up from his chair.

“Ah okay! Night!” I say, pretending I wasn’t sad that he was leaving. Sadly, Baekhyun left the room without really saying anything back to me. After the door shut, I grab onto my phone, turning it on and seeing a bunch of messages.  

 

Hang in there Eunmi! - Lay

Wish I could be there, sleep well. - Kai

EUNMI DON’T GET HURT AGAIN OKAY!?!! >< - Tao

Baekhyun better take care of you … - Jongdae

Do you need me there? I can keep you company! - Kyungsoo

Get well soon, don’t push yourself okay? - Xiumin

Babe, don’t push yourself too hard! - Precious

Come home soon, we need a cook! - L.Joe

 

I smile, they all really care for me and I’m grateful for that.  My stomach growled, “Aish I’m hungry.” I mumble to myself grabbing my pair of crutches and standing up. “Ah, this is hard.” I walk out of the room, shutting the door as I left. I see vending machines so I start to quicken my pace, I’m starving. Unfortunately, I didn’t have my wallet on me. Sighing, I turn around to start heading back when I hear footsteps behind me. “Are you okay?” A low voice asks me. I turn around and see a tall guy….wait, Chanyeol? “C-Chan?”

He stares at me, “So you are Eunmi right?”

“W-What do you mean?”

“Just making sure anyways,” He walks over and hugs me, “I’m glad to see you again.”

As I was enjoying the moment, my stomach started to growl. “I’m hungry.” I mumble.

He stares at me then back at the vending machine, “You want be to buy?”

I smile, “Will you?”

He nods, “No problem.”

Chanyeol is my best friend from what I remember. Whenever it was cold in the winter he was my go-to coat since he was naturally hot, in both looks and body temperature. I also remember that I could trust him with a lot of my things...and maybe something else. Chanyeol puts in some money, “You want a cinnamon roll right?”

“Bingo!”  

“Aish, so unhealthy.” He says, handing it to me with a kind of grossed out look on his face.

I take it from him, “Don’t make fun of me Chan!”

He laughs, “Let’s head back to your room yeah?”

I nod, “Let’s go together!”

“No duh.” He puts his arm around me as we head back, his tall figure nearly hitting the door. “Why are the doors here so short?!” He asks, as he rubs his head.

I shrug, “Why are you so tall?”

He flicks my forehead, “Maybe you’re too short.”

“Don’t make fun of height!”

“You started it!”

Chanyeol laughs as I lay back down in my bed, “Are you staying here for the night?”

“Do you want me too?” He asks, turning on his phone and looking at it.

“If I said yes would you think I’m a baby?”

“Mine of course.”

“You’re cheesy as always.”

Chanyeol laughs, setting his phone down onto the counter. “Do you want me to help you fall asleep?”

Guitar! He always played guitar. “Are you going to-”

He picks it up from the corner, “I brought it with me and left it here so you could hear me.”

“What are you going to play?” I ask him.

“Love Love Love?”

“Yes please!” I reply, turning around and staring at him.

He starts to play while singing, smiling at me as he did.

Look into your, butter-butterflies

The sky that doesn’t end. I swim in your eyes

Only you make me shine. I can see the future

It can’t be if it’s not you,

To you who made me reborn, incredible.

Two nights and I have had two different guys singing to me, nice. Unfortunately, I didn’t fall asleep after he was done. Chanyeol frowns, “Do you want me to show you something cool instead?”

“Mhmm.”

Chanyeol holds out a hand when suddenly a flame appears, except, he was turning it into animals. First he made a dragon which started to breathe fire, next he made a phoenix, and then he made a heart. “Woah, daebak!” I say, amazed at the beauty of it.

Chanyeol blows the fire out, “Are you going to sleep now?”

“Talk to me before I fall asleep.” I tell him, bringing my blanket closer to me.

“What do you want to talk about?”

“Do you know why I got shot?”

He pauses, “I’m not sure-”

“Can you just tell me Chan?”

“I can’t.”

“Baekhyun and you are the same..” I mumble, turning around so my back faces him.

He grabs my back, turning me around, “Eunmi I really can’t tell you.”

“Fine, but can you tell me a story?”

“Once upon a time there was this amazing girl named Eunmi! She was a top star idol who had the looks and everything,” He smiles, “During her first drama filming, scary assassins tried to kill her. Kidnapping her and other things.”

“That’s scary~”

“Slowly one by one people started to appear in her lives, not just people, but princes from Exo Planet. They have come back to rescue the princess but unfortunately, the military is out to kill them. The Exo princes have to protect the princess before it’s too late!”

“Princess?”

“Eunmi was in love with one of the princes before she got taken away, but now she has to start from square one before she can fall in love again,” He continues, “Who will be her loved one in the end?”

“Seria!”

He laughs, “Ani~ Her best friend will-”

“That’s Seria!”

He hits my head, “Me! I will win your heart!”

I laugh, closing my eyes as they get sleepy, “What a nice story.”

“You liked it?”

“Definitely.”

Chanyeol watches as I fall asleep, “Good night, Eunnie.”

~~~~~

Back at the house, everyone was worried for Eunmi at the hospital. “You really think she is okay?” Kyungsoo asks Baekhyun.

“Yes yes.” He says, changing his shirt into a pajama one.

“I’m worried now.” Yixing says, looking at his phone constantly.

“Don’t worry, Chanyeol is with her!” Tao reassures him.

They all nod and glance at L.Joe who was pacing back and forth, “Look, her brother is worried too.” Xiumin says.

L.Joe was actually worried about where Seria was, she said she was going out with Jungkook but she hasn’t come home ever since. Her phone was dead which added to his worries. After three hours or so, the doorbell rang. L.Joe slams the door open and finds Seria waving to Jungkook as he left in his van. “WHERE WERE YOU!?” L.Joe shouts.

Seria stares at him, “I was out at a party, why?”

“IT’S 3AM!”

“Sorry mom, I won’t do it again.” Seria says, pushing past him and heading up the stairs. Before she could enter the bathroom, L.joe grabbed onto her wrist. “You’re not going anywhere.” L.Joe whispers, glaring at Seria.

“Byunghun, why are you so mad?”

“You went without any of us! Who knows what could have happened!”

“That concerns you why?” Seria snaps.

“YOU KNOW I CARE ABOUT YOU MORE THAN ANYONE!”

“It doesn’t mean that you have to tell me what to do!”

“I DON’T TRUST YOU WITH JUNGKOOK!”

“It isn’t like YOUR my boyfriend!” She shouts back at him, pointing towards him angrily.

L.Joe stared at her, shock and sadness in his eyes. “I-Is Jungkook your boyfriend?”

“If he was why would I tell you?”

Tears started to well up in his eyes, he was devastated really. This whole time he thought Seria liked him too, they were almost inseparable. But things like this happen to the people who care about someone the most right? “F-fine, you can go to your parties. I won’t care anymore, I won’te care for you.”

Seria stares, “Wait, L,Joe-”

He storms up the stairs, walking to his room and slamming the door shut. “Fine, if he wants me to go with Jungkook, I’ll listen to him.” She says, walking out of the house and calling his number.

After she arrived, she explains to Jungkook what had happened between them. “So basically he was being overdramatic?” He asks, taking a sip of his water.

“Yeah, and I don’t even know why!” Seria says, putting her cup down onto the table. “I mean, how would I know if someone likes me?”

Jungkook stands up from his chair, walking towards Seria who was on the bed, “How to know if someone likes you?” He asks.

She backs up, “J-Jungkook-” He got on the bed, lightly pushing her down onto it. “If L.Joe wants you to know how you really feel about someone, how about you start with me?”

Seria’s eyes widen, “W-What do you-” She was cut off, Jungkook pressed his lips against hers. Softly at first, then he started to get rougher and rougher. Soon, Jungkook was hovering on top of her, “Seria.”

Seria just nods, knowing what’s coming next. Jungkook plants kisses onto her neck, holding her wrists down as he does so, as they got deeper, Seria took off Jungkook’s shirt and so he did the same to her.

The night was well spent for the two, but it wasn’t well spent for L.Joe.

L.Joe laid on his bed crying, he knew Seria didn’t like him but to say it directly to him? It crushed whatever dreams he had with her which made it a lot worse for him. His phone rang, “Hello?”

“Byunghun? What’s wrong?”

“Nothing Cap, what is it?”

“We are coming over tomorrow.”