Chapter 20

Extermination.

Byunghun is dying, my own brother is dying right in front of me. “Someone bring him to the hospital!” Kris shouts. I slowly stood up, Seria was crying her heart out. Jongin is patting her back, “It’s going to be okay.” He tells her.

He’s a liar.

“Eunmi! Are you okay?!” Baekhyun asks, running to my side.

“Byunghun..” I say, walking past Baekhyun and towards my brother’s body. “H-He’s dying.” I whisper, grabbing onto his hand as tears fall out of my eyes. I hear an ambulance, “Move out of the way girl!” One of them say.

I shake my head, “I can’t leave him!” They push me out of the way, lifting Byunghun’s body into the car. “Let me go with him!” I shout, reaching out for Byunghun. One of the Exo members pull me back, “Eunmi let him go-”

“I can’t leave him! He can’t leave me!” I start to sob, was Byunghun really going to die? I watch as the car drives away, the sirens getting farther away from me. I collapse onto the ground, sobs coming out of me as I hit the floor. Baekhyun runs over to me, hugging me as I sob. “Everything will be okay Eunmi, I promise.”

“DON’T LIE TO ME!” I shout, hitting his chest as he tightens his grip around me. All of Exo are around me now, each member saying something along the lines of “we promise you he will be okay.” As it got later into the night, mostly everyone headed to bed.

I sat with my arms wrapped around my knees, my face buried in them. Suho told the members that someone has to stay with me to make sure I won’t do anything reckless. I stared at the sleeping Kyungsoo in my room, Yixing had healed his arm by now thankfully. I stand up from my bed, grabbing a jacket and sneaking out of the room. I stumble down the stairs, my head hurt from crying so hard. I walk past a mirror, glancing at my reflection as I walk by. My eyes were still red and puffy, it was disgusting to see me like this. I stare at the reflection for a little longer, I was a mess. I mean, who wouldn’t be knowing that your brother’s life is in danger. Why did he have to come in at that time, why did Suho have to release his temper today? What did I do wrong to deserve this? I punch the mirror, some of the glass started to break. “Why are you like this Eunmi?” I mumble, banging the glass with both of my fists. “Shouldn’t you stay calm? Why are you panicking? He’s going to be okay right?” I say as more tears start to well up in my eyes. “EVERYONE IS LYING TO ME!” I scream, finally breaking the mirror. All of the glass falls onto the floor as I fall. I was being cut by the glass but I didn’t care, I was in enough pain already that I didn’t feel any pain at this point. “Eunmi!” I hear Baekhyun say, “Oh my god..” He walks over towards me, “Eunmi d-don’t be like this.” He whispers, squatting down so he could meet face-to-face with me. He wipes my tears, staring at me with worried eyes. “It’s hurting me to see you like this.”

“D-Do you know h-how much I hurt?” I ask him, my voice shaking.

Baekhyun nods, “I felt exactly like how you feel when you got taken away.” He tells me.

“I’m in so much pain Baekhyun.”

“I know you are, let’s get some bandages for you.” Baekhyun holds out his hand, “Let’s go Eunmi.”  

I stare at his hand as I reach out with mine, my legs shake as I stood, they had blood dripping down them. Baekhyun carries me over to the living room, sitting me down onto the couch.

“Is she okay?!” I hear Jongdae ask Baekhyun inside of the kitchen.

“She’s fine, you should know how she feels right now.”

“I do.”

“Exactly, just tell the others that she will be alright because I’m taking care of her.”

“Alright, night Baekhyun.”

“Good night Jongdae.”

Baekhyun heads back over to me, pulling a chair and sitting in front of me. “This might sting a little so grab onto my sleeve if you want.” Baekhyun puts on the antibacterial cream, a sharp sting on my leg once it touches. I tighten my hand around Baekhyun’s shoulder, “Just a little longer Eunmi.” He tells me. Baekhyun wraps a bandage around my fingers once he finishes bandaging up my leg. It was quiet in the room the only sound was from the cars driving outside. “Five years ago...Teen Top took you away from us.” He says.

I nod, “Suho told me this story-”

“He didn’t tell you all of it, or what happened after that.”

“Are you going to tell me the aftermath?”

He nods, “Lay down, consider this your bedtime story.” Baekhyun takes off his jacket, placing it on top of me, “Use that as your blanket for now.”

“I’m ready to hear this.”

Baekhyun sighs, “After you were taken away, Exo Planet was in chaos. Your dad was the one who was especially mad, he was mad at me since I was your boyfriend at the time.”

 

“What do you mean you lost her?!” Eunmi’s dad screams at Baekhyun, throwing his wine bottle to Baekhyun’s head.

“A-Appa-”

“You have no right to call me your dad if you lost my daughter!” He shouts back.

Baekhyun stares at him, “I didn’t mean to lose her- I wasn’t even the one in charge of her!”

“I shouldn’t have ever let her go with you guys.”

“Ahjussi, we protected her from monsters like you.” Suho tells him.

Eunmi’s dad stares at Suho, “What did you just say?”

“I’m saying that you abused her until she considered you her worst fear. You ruined her life!”

“You bastards came and took her away from me.”

“You beat her until she was unconscious! Of course when we were old enough we came and took her from you!”

Her dad stands, grabbing onto another beer bottle. “Say that again.”

“You are a terrible father, no wonder your wife left you for Andy.”

“DON’T SPEAK OF HIM!” The dad shouts, throwing the bottle at Suho.

“We kept her out of danger for five years, but now she is back in danger.” Kris says.

“What if I told you guys that I’m working with the people who took her away?”

All of Exo stare, “You what?”

“That’s right, I sent the guys to take my daughter away from people like you! Protectors? Don’t make me laugh, you guys are just a bunch of laughing stocks!”  

Chanyeol lunges at him, pinning him onto the ground as fire erupts from his hands. “YOU WHAT!?”

Guards burst into the room, “Master!” They shout, running over and grabbing Chanyeol off of the other. “I’M GOING TO KILL YOU!” He screams as he gets taken away.

“Put him in jail.” Her dad tells them, motioning his hand for all of Exo to be taken out.  

 

“That night, Chanyeol was taken to jail. The rest of us were figuring out how to save you, that’s when Andy came in. He’s the man we were meeting with, the one who is helping us stop Teen Top.”

“Where was L.Joe in all of this?”

Baekhyun frowns, “Now that I think about it, he was never there throughout the whole time.” Baekhyun looks back up at me, “When did you say you met L.Joe?”

“I remember meeting him when I was 6 or so.”

“We will have to talk about this some other time, it’s getting late.”

“Are you going to head to sleep?” I ask him.

Baekhyun nods, “Can you sleep down here yourself?”

“Can you stay with me?”

Baekhyun looks at me for awhile, then he proceeds to nod. “Of course I will, let me just go grab a pillow and some blankets!”

“Hurry back!” Baekhyun soon came running down the stairs, he slept on the floor as I slept on the couch. “Hey Baekhyun, thanks for keeping me company.”

“Aish, no need to thank me!”

“I’m grateful that you’re around me now.”

“I’m grateful that I have you back with me.”

“What was our relationship like?”

There was a long silence between us before he finally spoke up, “The two of us were the best couple on the whole planet. I was yours and you were mine. Every morning we would wake up next to each other, stealing kisses whenever we could. People would say we wouldn’t come without the other, it was true. You wouldn’t go anywhere without me and I wouldn’t go anywhere without you. The day that you left me was the worst day in my entire life.”

“Baekhyun I’m so sorry that I can’t remember any of this.”

“It doesn’t matter Eunmi, as long as I can create the same memories with you now.” He tells me, turning around and looking into my eyes, “As long as you and I are still together.”  He sits up, both of us gazing into each other’s eyes. For this moment, I could feel my heart beat faster and faster as he leans closer. Tonight is the night I would let myself get lost in his embrace, the night I would let myself love someone.

~~~~~~

The following morning, I ran out of the house as fast as I could. The hospital called and said L.Joe was awake, that he wanted to talk to me. I run into the building, panting as I run to the nurse’s desk, “Where is Lee Byunghun’s room?”

“501 on the 3rd Floor.”

“Thank you so much!” I dash up the stairs, entering his room as fast as possible. As I ran, I notice Seria walk out of one of the hospital rooms, why was she here? I burst into his room, Byunghun was sitting up, his phone in his hand. “Byunghun!” He looks up from his phone, his eyes widening at the sight of me. I run over, hugging him tightly, “Do you know how afraid I was?!” I say.

“E-Eunmi I’m still not healthy.”

I let go, “What?”

“It means I don’t have a hundred percent chance that I will live or that I will die, it’s half and half right now.”

“What are you saying?”

He gives me a soft smile, “Let’s not talk about this right now Eunmi.” He says weakly, putting his phone onto the table.

I sit down, “What is it that you wanted to say to me?”

“I just want to say how much I love you. I am so grateful that I am your brother and that I have a sister who can attract tons of guys.”

“What are you saying?”

“You are an amazing sister and I’m glad I get to watch you grow up.”

“Well back at you! You’re an amazing brother and I’m glad I got to watch you gain Seria’s heart!”

He rolls his eyes, “And I’m glad she ditched that idiot Jungkook.” We both laugh, “Remember when I shipped them?”

I see a couple of nurses come in, “We need to perform another surgery on you Byunghun-ssi.” They say, glancing at me.

“I guess I’ll see you later Eunmi!” Byunghun says as the nurses help him onto a wheelchair. I watch as they leave, glancing at the papers on the counter. I pick up his phone, his wallpaper is a picture of Seria kissing him on his cheek, both of them were at some sort of amusement park. I smile to myself, the two are a really great couple. I look at some of their texts, smiling in amusement as I read them.

Baaabe, I’m starving! - Seria

What do you want to eat? - Byunghun

What if I said you? ;) - Seria

Keke, come over! - Byunghun

I set his phone  back down, I did not want to know the aftermath of that conversation. I glance at Byunghun’s hospital papers, picking them up and reading them. I widen my eyes, my hands start to shake. “T-This can’t be it.” I put down the papers, “No way..” I say, standing up from the seat and running out of the room, I had to find Suho.

Patient: Lee Byunghun

Admitted For: Gunshot wound.

Siblings: 0

Guardians: Hyojin Lee & Andy Lee.