Chapter 8

Extermination.

I stared back at Jongdae, “J-Jongdae?”

He looked surprised, “You remember me?” I nod when another flash of lightning strikes, causing me to jump. Jongdae grabs onto my shoulders, “Don’t be scared, just talk to me.”

“Why wouldn’t I remember you?”

He stares at me for a long time, “So you actually remember?” He whispers, a smile forming onto his face.  

Confused, I nod my head, “But can’t you stop the lightning?”

He sighs, “Not right now, but it’s fine because we can entertain each other right?”

ENTERTAIN?! WAS JONGDAE SAYING THAT WE WERE GOING TO- “Like singing or something!” He adds on.

“Oh, yeah, singing.” I say awkwardly.  Jongdae takes out his phone, putting on the song ‘Best Luck’. “Are you ready?” He asks me.

“Yep!”

Clearing his throat, Jongdae proceeds to sing the song. His voice was perfect, every note he sang had me captivated. He is nearly as good as Seria!

My love, I miss you

It’s destiny, you can’t avoid it

Every day I’m so lucky

I want to confess my hidden heart, I love you.”

I smile to myself, his voice was really a thing of perfection. I close my eyes, thinking of our past together.

 

“Eunmi! Wait for me!” Jongdae shouts, trying to catch up.

“Catch me if you can oppa!” I shout back, turning the corner and walking into a flower garden.

Jongdae grabs onto my wrist, “Yah! Do you know how rude it is to just leave me like that?” He asks, staring down into my eyes.

“Nope~” I say sticking my tongue out at him.

“Next time you leave me I’m never going to sing for you again!”

“You can’t do that!”

He smirks, “But I can!”

I yank my arm out of his grasp, “I hate you!”

“You can’t hate oppa!”

“But I can!”

Jongdae stares at me for awhile, “Aish, fine! Just don’t leave me next time okay?”

I nod, “Kkaepsong~”

He flicks my forehead, “Why are you using Baekhyun’s vocabulary!?”

Baekhyun?!  

 

As Jongdae finished the song, I stared at the wall. Why was Baekhyun in my memories? Who is he? “How did you like it?” Jongdae asks me.

I give him a thumbs up, “It was very good!”

He laughs, “I’m glad you liked it then!”

I start to give him an applause, “Woo! Marry me Kim Jongdae!”

Jongdae bows, “Thank you! I’m glad I have a loving audience!” The both of us laugh, looking at one another as the rain slowly quiets down. “I’m glad to see you again Eunmi.”

“I’m fortunate too.”

Jongdae takes a seat at the edge of bed, “How are the others?”

“They are good, they are all really nice!”

“So you don’t remember them still.”

“Remember..?”

Jongdae shakes his head, “Never mind, don’t worry about it right now okay?” He says, patting my head.

“O-okay.”

We hear the door open downstairs, “WE’RE-”

“Shh! Eunmi might be sleeping!” Kyungsoo whispers to Baekhyun.

“Oops, sorry.”

Jongdae looks at me, “Let’s go downstairs okay?” He tells me, taking my hand and walking downstairs.  

“Eunmi- Jongdae!?” Lay says, staring at he who had our hands intertwined.

“Yixing!”

Tao walks towards us, yanking our hands apart. “You just barely-”

“I have known Jongdae for awhile!”

All of them widen their eyes, looking at one another as if what I just said was insane. “Y-You have known him..?”

“He moved away five years ago, of course I remember him!” I say, looking at Tao.

Byunghun looks at Baekhyun who seemed really angered by this, “Oh so you remember him?”

“Calm down Baekhyun.” Kai says, grabbing onto his arm.

“Why doesn’t she remember me? Did she like CHEN this whole time!?” He shouts.

“What is he-”

“Whatever Eunmi, it’s obvious that you will like him more than you will ever like me.”

“Baekhyun what did I say!?”

“Shut it, I’m going to sleep so night.” Baekhyun bumps shoulders with me as he walks up the stairs, slamming his door room shut.

“Hey Eunmi don’t let it phase you okay?” Xiumin tells me, walking past me and into Baekhyun’s room.

“Why is he so mad?”

“You’ll understand soon enough.” Tao says.

“Anyways, we found a house! So all we need is to sign the papers and everything, how about you go to sleep?” L.Joe suggests, smiling at me.

I nod, walking back up the stairs without anyone behind me. Heading into my room and changing, wiping off my makeup. “Good night Eunmi.” Kyungsoo says, peeking his head in the door and smiling at me.

“Night Kyungsoo.” I say, lying down and facing the wall.

“D-Don’t let what Baekhyun-”

“Said phase me. I won’t, now go to sleep Kyungsoo.” I hear the door shut, closing my eyes to sleep when my phone rings. Reaching for my phone, I grab it from the desk and stare at it ‘Real Precious.’ “Hello?” I whisper.

“Eunmi!” Jimin shouts on the other line.

“Don’t shout so loud! Everyone is sleeping!” I say, glaring at the phone.

“Oh okay I will SHHHH.” He says in a babyish tone.

“Are you drunk?”

“Does that MATTER right now?”

“Well, yeah but-”

“ANYWAYS! I heard you were really scared of thunder, that’s a cute fear to have!”

“Jimin if you’re calling me to apolo-”

“Be my girlfriend.”

I paused, there was dead silence in my room as I heard the crickets chirping. “D-Date you?”

“Date me, I can’t wait for us any longer.”

“Didn’t you want to get to know-”

“ THAT!” He shouts.

“Jimin…” I’m not sure if I want to date him. I mean, I was all about it a couple days ago.

Why am I so problemed right now?

 

“Date me!” A boy asked me. Another memory? What is this?

“B-But-”

“I want to stay with you forever!” The fifteen year old tells me, holding my hand and looking into my eyes.

“I like you too but-”

“Eunmi, we need to make sure we remember each other, what other way besides doing this?” He asks.

“Okay.”

“Okay?!”

I smiled and nodded which made him pick me up and spin me around, “You won’t regret it Eunmi!”

“I’m pretty sure I won’t, Baekhyun.”

 

Baekhyun!? Why was Baekhyun in my past again!? “Hello?” Jimin says.

“S-Sorry I was kind of dazed off, but I want to get to know you better Jimin. “

“Tomorrow on the set, let’s film hard together okay? Afterwards, we can go somewhere together.”

“That sounds good.”

“Night Eunmi, dream of me.”

“Night.”

After our phone call, I eventually fall asleep.

~~~~~~

The following day was a hard day of filming.

“Eunmi we need you on set!”

“CUT DO IT AGAIN!”

“EUNMI GET INTO IT!”

All of these were basically what I heard all day, nonstop and it just gave me a headache. Not to mention that I was still thinking about what Baekhyun has to do with my past. It was my break and I was sitting on a bench outside with my headphones in. “Eunmi, you okay?” I hear Tao ask.

I look up and see him looking down at me, water bottle in hand. “I’m fine, just a little tired.” I say, taking the water bottle and drinking it.
Tao sighs and takes a seat by me, “Cheer up yeah? Baekhyun didn’t mean what he said.”

“I know.” I reply, standing back up, “I need to go film some more, I’ll see you later okay?”

Tao nods, “Go, do well!” He tells me, walking the other direction.

“Hopefully I will.” As I am walking back, I feel a sharp pain hit my shoulder then both of my legs. “What the ?” I touch my shoulder and see blood on my hands.  My legs start to become weaker and more blood starts to appear, “W-Who?” I look behind me and see a boy with unusual big lips putting his hat down and walking by me who started to fall on the ground.

“Hey Eunmi I-” Baekhyun looks at me with surprise then anger, “Who did this!?”

I fall onto my knees and look back up, “Baekhyun.” I say weakly, cringing at the pain.

“Eunmi hang in there!” He shouts, picking me up in his arms.

“Eunmi! What happened!” I hear Seria shout, running over with Jungkook by her side.

“Yah! Idiot what did you do!?” Jungkook asks.

I could see Kyungsoo look at the back of the person who did this to me, looking back at me then running towards the guy, full anger on his face.

Baekhyun started to run at the speed of light, “Eunmi don’t pass out on me, don’t!” We reached Yixing who started to heal me immediately.

“Eunmi!?” Jongdae says, Kai and him running towards me.

Xiumin grabs onto my hand, “Yah, Lay needs to take the bullet out so hang in there okay?” He says as my grip tightens around his hand.  

Baekhyun looks at me worriedly, clenching his fist as I nearly cry out in pain. “Lay that’s hurting her!” Kai shouts.

“WE NEED TO TAKE IT OUT!”

The whole area was a mess, L.Joe calling the police while Jangshik was calling an ambulance. They don’t know that Exo has powers, they can’t use it in front of them. “Stay with her until the ambulance is here!” Jangshik tells them.

“Baekhyun stay with her, we need to find that guy.” Kai says as the others nod in agreement. All of Exo dashes out and so does Seria. “Eunmi, hang in there okay?” Baekhyun tells me, holding my hand as I cringe in pain.

“The ambulance is here!” Soren shouts, all of my managers running in, “Carry her!” They tell Baekhyun. He lifts me to the ambulance, “Hurry and take her there!” He shouts, turning around to walk out of the ambulance. I grab onto his wrist before he could leave, “Don’t go...stay.” I say weakly.  

Baekhyun looks back at me, giving me a soft smile and sitting back down. “I won’t don’t worry, hang in there okay?” I eventually pass out with Baekhyun at my side.

And I was grateful for it.

~~~~

He heard the news. They told him about it and thankfully he was nearby. “So, is he turning the corner?” He asks, his deep voice rumbling as he asks the question.

“Yeah, catch him!” Jongin tells him through the phone.

“Do you think I would let someone who hurt Eunmi go? I’m not dumb Kai.” He says, turning the corner and seeing the attacker. “Gotta go Kai~ I’ll see you!” He tells him, hanging up his phone and putting it into his pocket.

“Yeah I took care of it. I don’t think Byung-” The boy’s voice was cut off when he grabbed onto him.

“Niel? Who knew you would be doing all of this!” He tells Niel, smiling at his frightened face.

“Y-You!? You got out of jail!?” Niel asks, feeling his arm start to burn.

“I was falsely accused.” He says as he starts to heat up his hand.

“Why are you back! WHY CAN’T YOU JUST LEAVE!?” Niel screams as a fire starts to surround them.

“Who do you think I am, I am always here to protect Eunmi.”

Niel smirks, “We have things to block your powers you know.”

“You don’t have it on right now do you?” He replies, making the circle come in closer.

“If you kill me, you’re done for.”

“You know nothing will happen to me,” He leans closer towards Niel’s ear, “You’re just afraid to die.”

Niel widens his eyes, “You wouldn’t.”

He smirks as the fire engulfs them, “Have fun burning.” He says, walking away from the fire behind him.

“PARK CHANYEOL YOU’LL REGRET THIS!” Niel screams.

“I don’t regret hurting the ones that hurt Eunmi.” Chanyeol replies, walking away from the fire and towards the area with the rest of Exo.