Chapter 18

Extermination.

“What?!” I reply, sitting up from my bed.

“Date me Eunmi, I love you.”

“Jimin I-”

“You like me.”

“That’s not what I’m trying to say.”

“Then what is it Eunmi? Do you like someone else? Who do you like?!”

“I don’t know!”

I could hear him sigh, “Then why won’t you date me?”

“I don’t trust you Jimin.”

“Why don’t you trust me exactly?”

“I-I’m not sure Jimin, but you never came for me when I was stuck in the hospital..or the times where I was taken away. The only time you showed up was when Changjo nearly me.”

“Isn’t that enough?”

“It isn’t Jimin, you never even explained why you disappeared.”

“Are you telling me that you like Exo then?”

“If I was telling you that then what would you say?” I whisper.

He laughs, “I don’t really know how I should react, you’re not denying it nor are you agreeing to it.”

“I’m sorry Jimin but they-”

“Are they more handsome? What is it that they do to make you suddenly like them so much? You didn’t care about Tao when he first showed up, you didn’t care about any of them! Why do you suddenly like them now huh? Did you grow close to them?!” He shouts through the phone.

“YES! Yes I do.” I say, tears b in my eyes.

“I’m sorry Eunmi, but you’re just plain stupid for suddenly liking them.”

“How am I stupid? You appeared in my life around the same time as them, how am I stupid?” I ask, my breath slowing down.

“You just are okay?!”

“Give me an explanation.”

“How am I supposed to explain this?”

“Shut up and listen.”  

“What do you mean shut up and listen?”

“Eunmi, how well do they know you exactly? Why are you suddenly so caught up about loving them more than me? Do you really know them? Who are they to you!”

I couldn’t tell him about my memory problems, I have to make something up. “They are friends from the states-”

“That’s not what Seria told me.”

“Chan is my best friend!”

“When did you meet him? That still doesn’t explain the rest of them.”

“Chan and I...we are closer than anyone I know.” I tell him, “The two of us have known each other since we were about six? He recently moved to Korea along with his friends, that’s how I know them all.”

“If I asked Chanyeol this would he agree.”

I nod, “He would agree, one hundred percent!”

“I’m coming over tomorrow.”

“What?” There was a beep on the other line, “Jimin? Hello!?” No answer. “Aish! This guy.” I fall back onto my bed, would Chanyeol really play along with it? I sure hope he does. I bury my head into my pillow, throwing the blanket on top of me. I close my eyes, Chanyeol, don’t fail me now!

 

Someone hits me with a pillow, “Get up!” A low voice says. I open my eyes, Chanyeol stood next to my bed with a pillow in his hands. “Chanyeol! Just the guy I wanted to see!” I motion for him to lean down so we could be face-to-face.

“What is it?” He asks.

“Shh! Is Jimin over?”

He nods, “Yeah, he is.”

“Okay, so last night we had a long talk and basically I told him I met Exo through you.”

He points to himself, “Me?”

I nod, “You.”

“So what do I have to do?”

“Play along with whatever I say, got it?”

“Okay! Let’s do this! But first, go brush your teeth.”

“I hate you.”

He shakes his head, “Nope, you love me.”

I roll my eyes, waiting for him to leave the room first. “Go keep Jimin company, I’ll be coming.”

“Aight, I’ll see you in five~” He says as he shuts the door. I sit up from my bed and run to the bathroom, quickly washing my face and brushing my teeth. I change into something decently nice then I head down the stairs.  

“Good morning Eunmi!” Baekhyun says, waving to me from the couch.

“Morning Baek.”

Jimin walks out of the kitchen, “Good morning Eunmi, where is Chanyeol?”

“Right behind you!” Chanyeol says, walking down the stairs behind me.

Jimin turns around, “Oh?”

Chanyeol and I stare at each other for awhile, “Why are you over Jimin?” Chanyeol asks, coming by me and wrapping his arm around my shoulder.
“I came here to ask about yours and Eunmi’s relationship.”

“Their relationship?” Baekhyun asks.

He nods, “I mean, I want to be her boyfriend after all.”

All heads turn towards Jimin, “Date our Eunmi?” Suho says.

“That’s why I need to make sure Chanyeol isn’t her boyfriend, or has any feelings like that.”

Chanyeol frowns, “If I did have these feelings how would you react?”

“Well then I wouldn’t be very happy.”

Chanyeol shrugs, “Then maybe you shouldn’t be trying to date Eunmi.” He says, pulling me closer towards him. “Let’s say you asked her out but she told you she was dating me. Then what would you say?”

Jimin laughs, “Aish, this guy really…” Jimin looks at Chanyeol, “I don’t think some giant freak like you would have Eunmi’s heart.”

“Giant freak?”

“Mhm, giant freak. What else should I call you? Your ears are weird too, you also seem to not be very good at anything.”

Chanyeol stares, “Not good at anything?”

Jimin nods, “Exactly, you aren’t good at anything.”

“Yah! Chanyeol is good at a ton of things that you can’t do!” I say, glaring at Jimin.

“What is he good at exactly?”

“He isn’t rude like you. He isn’t some playboy, he’s tall so he can reach for things when I need something! His ears are just like fairy ears so he is my cute tall fairy!”  

All eyes were on me by now, “So Jimin, don’t say that Chanyeol is bad at many things, cause he isn’t!”

Jimin stares at me, “What is he to you?”

Chanyeol was staring at me, his breath slowing down as he waits for my answer. “W-What?”

Jimin folds his arms, “You heard me, tell us all what he is to you.”  

“Well...Chanyeol to me-”

“I think you should be going home.” Kyungsoo tells Jimin.

“What? She was just about to tell me about her and-”

“Go home Jimin, I think we’ve had enough with you.” He says, opening the front door.

Jimin smirks at all of Exo, “I guess I’ll be going then~ see you sometime babe.” Jimin walks by me, pulling me towards him off guard. “You’re making me mad Eunmi, I don’t think you should be doing that.” He whispers into my ear.

Kyungsoo pulls Jimin off of me, “Get out, now.” He shoves Jimin out, slamming the door into his face. “Are you okay?”

I nod, “He just said something about being mad.”

Chanyeol sighs, “He made that a lot more dramatic.” He mumbles.

“Well, we did well in convincing him Chan!”

He nods, “Omega good job.”

All of us sit down to eat breakfast, L.Joe and Seria were out on a date. “So, what do we do now?” I ask, taking a bite of my pancakes.

“We have a meeting with some people today.” Suho tells me, finishing his last pancake.

“Oh, so can I not come?” I ask him.

He nods, “You can stay at home today for once can’t you? It won’t be that long.”

“Yeah, I guess I can.”

“Great, let’s all go get ready in the meantime then.” I watch as they all head up the stairs, what kind of meeting were they going to? I guess I looked stressed because Xiumin came over to assist in my dish cleaning. “Yah, don’t overthink it okay? We are just going to go meet up with some people who can help us out.”  
“With what?”

“With going back to Exo Planet I guess.”

“Going back?”

“Ah, I mean staying on Earth without any harm.”

“Don’t scare me like that Xiumin.”

He scruffs my hair, “Don’t worry about it, we’re not going anywhere.”

“Are you ready to go?” Suho asks Xiumin as he slips on his shoes.

Xiumin nods, “I’ll see you later Eunmi, remember what I said!”

As they all leave the house, Baekhyun runs over to me before heading off. “Yah, here is my favorite movie to keep you entertained.” He says, handing me a dvd of ‘The Miracle in Cell No.7’ He pats my head, “Have fun and tell me if you cry!”

“Wait why would I cry-”

Baekhyun covers my mouth, “See you later Eunmi!” He says, running out of the house. I make my way towards the living room, taking a seat and turning on the T.V.  “What is this movie even about?” I ask myself as the movie starts. I grab my phone from the table, someone had texted me.

I widen my eyes, my hands start to shake and I drop my phone.

The text message was a picture of me when I was younger...bloody and bruised.

“Are you living well my daughter? Your father is coming to get you back.”