A Change In Life

Extermination.

Chapter 1:

 

“Eunmi! Are you ready to go yet?” Byunghun shouted as he made our breakfast.

“What?” I said as I slowly sat up in my bed.

“Hurry, you’re going to be late! Seria is on her way already.”

I yawned, “Seria?”

He nods, “Now are you going to get up or do I have to drag you out of bed?”

“I’ll get out myself.” I tell him as I stood up lazily, “I’m going to go get changed, tell me when she is here.” I say, waving as I ran up the stairs.

Once I reached the top floor I heard a knock on the door, “Morning you sleepy heads!” I hear Seria say to L.Joe.

“Oh! Morning!” L.Joe says to her.

I roll my eyes, he would get excited to see her. “SERIA I AM GOING TO GO SHOWER SO JUST EAT BREAKFAST OR SOMETHING!” I shout at her.

“YOU BETTER SHOWER FAST YOU WE ARE ALMOST LATE!” She shouts back.

 

Seria has been my friend for awhile, when we heard that SM was having auditions we decided to audition together. Thankfully, both of us got chosen and now we are a duo, E.S. We may be only about three months into our debut but so far it has been a good experience. L.Joe is my brother, he has a huge crush on Seria. The thing is, Seria is very oblivious to the obvious so she doesn’t think L.Joe actually likes her. Anyways, today is the day that we are going to go film a drama with some other boy band.  To be honest, I haven’t even gone over the script so I don’t even know what it is about.

 

After a nice shower, I headed back downstairs to find the two eating happily together. “You ready to go?” I ask her as I take a piece of toast.

“Ready whenever you are!” She replies.

“Well then I’ll see you later Byunghun~” I say as I head out of the door.

“Bye L.joe!” Seria says, waving to him as she puts her shoes on.

I could see his face light up, “Bye Seria!”

“What about your own sister?”

“Oh! Bye Eunmi!”

Once we got outside I started to laugh, “He so likes you.”  

“He does not!”

“Seria, for the past 3 years that I have known you, I’m pretty sure he likes you.”

She rolls her eyes, “Whatever, so what boyband are we working with today?”

I shrug, “I think it may be Exo? I don’t know.”

She sighs, “The current trending idols? Their fangirls will be after our lives.”  We both laugh and watch as our van arrives. Throughout the car ride, both of us just practiced our new song together, “I think we go higher on that note.”

“I thought it was lower?” I replied to her.

“We can check later.”

We pulled up into the driveway of the filming area, fangirls surrounded the whole venue. “This is going to be a hassle to walk through.” I mumble as I put on my circular sunglasses and head out of the van.

They screamed louder than I screamed when I first heard Seria and I made SM. They were waving their papers into our faces, begging for signatures. When it comes to being an idol, you have to be nice.

We both smiled and waved at all of our adoring fans, flashes of light in our eyes as they take pictures of us.

“What do you think of working with Bangtan?”

“How is it?”

Bangtan? Who the hell is Bangtan? Seria looked equally as confused as I did, “Who are they talking about? I thought we were with Exo!” She whispers to me.

I shrug it off, “Come on, let’s see what’s inside.”

 

Inside was the photoshoot, the one for the cover of the drama. “There you two are!” The director shouted as he walked towards us.

“Nice to meet you!” Seria says as she shakes his hand. He smiles, “I never thought I would see you two on my drama set!”

I laugh, “I never thought I would be in a drama!”

“You can call me Hyesung, I’m the director for this drama.”

We both bow, “So where is the dressing room?” I ask.

He points behind him, “Over there, come out when you’re ready!” The two of us head towards the back, excited to get started. “Aren’t you excited? I honestly don’t know what to expect!” Seria asks me.

I shrug, “I guess, but I’m curious about the main actor.”

She nods, “Aren’t you the main character of the drama?”

“Yep, not sure how it’ll be though.”

We enter the dressing room to find some guy yelling at his stylist, “I told you I don’t like this hair!” He shouts at her.

“B-But Hyesung said to give you that hair.”

“WHO do you think I am!?” He shouts.

“S-Sorry-”

“Yah, what do you think you’re doing?” I say, walking towards the poor stylist.

“Who are you exactly?” He asks.

“I am Eunmi, you are?”

“Jungkook,” He glances at Seria who is looking at Jungkook...with heart emojis in her eyes, “Who is your friend?”

“I’m Seria!” She answers.

He smiles, “Nice to meet you, are you the main lead?”

She shakes her head, “No, Eunmi is!”

I stare, is Seria really falling for this guy? “Why does it concern you who the main lead it?” I ask him.

“So my hyung knows what kind of girl he is working with, I guess he is working with a demon.”

“YOU PIECE OF-”

“Bye Seria~” He says as he walks out of the room.

“THAT !” I shout, sending daggers to the back of his head.

“He’s cute!”

“GIRL. He isn’t any good!” I tell her, looking back at the stylist who was bowing a little at me.

“Are you okay?” I ask her. She nods, “T-Thank you for your help!”

I smile, “No problem, don’t let him treat you like that next time, yeah?”

She nods again, “I’ll be going now!”

As she is heading out of the room I grab onto her wrist, “Your name..?”

“Jieun! Lee Jieun!” She says quickly.

“I’m Eunmi, call me if you need anything okay?”

She smiles and bows again, “I’ll see you around!” She tells me before leaving the room.   

“Are you crushing on her?” Seria asks me, raising an eyebrow.

“WHAT? No!” I say as I sit down, waiting for my stylist to come.

“Ehhh, you made it seem like you were.”

“You know me, I’m not into anyone right now.”

She nods, “Whatever you say~”

 

After getting our makeup done, we head outside again. “So what do you think of Jungkook?” I ask her, as I hand my phone to our manager.

“What do you mean? He’s just a cutie.”

“Is he ONLY a cutie? Like you aren’t going to start liking him are you?”

Seria grins, “No promises.”

“He’s a jerk!”

“You can’t judge him on one situation, Eunmi.”

“Whatever, why don’t you go talk to him?” I suggest to her.

She gives me a thumbs up, “You always predict what I’m going to do, can you see the future or something?”

“I just know you well enough.”

“Call me when it’s my turn for the photoshoot!” She shouts as me as she scurries off to find Jungkook.

“Eunmi! Jimin! Are you two ready?”

“Coming!” I shout, heading over to the photoshoot area. There stood the male lead, Jimin.  

“Are you Eunmi?” He asks, giving me a smile.

I nod, “Nice to meet you, Jimin!”

He laughs, “I expected you to look like a demon, considering what Jungkook said.”

“Well, we all are surprised with some people right?”

He nods, “Let’s work hard together yeah?”

I smile as we start to take photos together. The photoshoot was a success, everyone said thank you to each other as we headed towards the back together. “Great job by the way!” Jimin tells me, patting my back.

“You too! I didn’t know someone could be so photogenic!”

“Ayye, I should be saying that about you.”  

“Are you two done flirting?” We both turn to see Jungkook with Seria by his side.

“Are you finally getting your thing on?” Seria asks me.

“WHAT?” Jimin and I both say in unison.

“Never mind, is it our turn yet?” Jungkook asks.

We both nod, “Yeah, good luck you two!”

“I don’t need your luck.” Jungkook says, bumping shoulders with me as he walks by.

“Who does he think he is.” I mumble, still glaring at Jungkook.

“Are you hungry? We should go get food!” Jimin tells me.

I nod, “Let’s go grab something to-”

“JIMIN!”

I turn to find a kid running towards us, hugging Jimin as he arrives. “Taehyung, what do you need?”

“Is this Eunmi? I’m Taehyung!” Taehyung tells me, shaking my hand.

“Nice to meet you?”

Jimin pushed Taehyung, “Aish, what do you need?”

“Namjoon wants to talk to you!”

Jimin glances at me, “You go get something to eat first, I’ll see you later!”

I nod and watch as the two leave, now time to go get something to eat. First, I need to go get my phone from my manager before I go anywhere.

“Hey! Jangshik! Can I have my phone?” I ask him.

He nods, “It’s in the back room.”

“Thanks!”

 

As I headed to the back I could hear the faint noise of water dropping. The closer I got to the room, the closer the noise was. “What the heck?” I said to myself, slowly pushing the door open to find a man standing with his back facing me. He was wearing a suit with his blonde hair up. And there in his hand was my phone, MY PHONE.

“YAH! YOU SASAENG WHO DO YOU-”

The moment he turned around I shut up, his face was the most intimidating thing I have seen for awhile. “Are you Eunmi?”

“Well yeah but who are you?”

“Tao, now I have no time to talk so follow me.” He says, grabbing my wrist and walking out.

“Y-You can’t just drag me out of here!”
“What do you mean I can’t just drag you out of here? Does it not work like that?”

“Why would it work like that?”

He scoffs, pulling my wrist harder.

You are prepared for this Eunmi, YOU CAN DO THIS! I opened my mouth and let out a scream, “SASAENG!” I screamed.

Tao snaps his fingers, “Are you going to shut up now?”

“What the , how does snapping your fingers help?”

He points to the clock behind me, “Look.”

I turned my head and saw that the clock wasn’t moving anymore, “Did the clock die or?”

He rolls his eyes, “What kind of idiot are you?” He turns my head towards the faucet which had water mid air.

“D-Did you stop time!?”

“Are you done screaming? Are you going to follow me now?”  

“Okay well yeah I guess, what do you want exactly?” I ask him as I follow him out the door.

“My name is Tao, Huang Zi Tao.”

“Well yeah you told-”

“My group and I are in danger right now, humans are looking to capture us.”

“Humans? Are you guys like aliens or something?”

“We are exotics, we come from Exo Planet.”

“You are telling me this a bit too fast, so you’re telling me you want an IDOL to help you out of this mess?”  

“Yeah? What is so weird about it?”

“Well..how should I put this, I don’t posses any cool powers. I’m literally just a girl, unless..” I start to pound the ground with my feet, then I punch Tao which makes my knuckles pop, “I’m guessing I don’t have super strength as a power.” I say, holding onto my fist.

Tao sighs, “I’m going to be living with you from now on.”

“HOLD UP WHAT?!”

“My hyungs will come eventually, unfortunately, I’m the first one here.”

“Can’t you go back to Exo Planet?”

He grabs onto my shoulders, “We can’t go back Eunmi, so you’re going to help us stop the people who are preventing us to go back.” He taps his foot and I could hear sound around me again, “Now go introduce me to your friend, make up something about us.” He tells me.

We head back into the photoshoot area, “There you are! Why were you-” Seria stops mid sentence when she sees Tao. “Who is he?”

“Um, he is my friend from the states hahaha..” I tell her awkwardly, giving Tao a smile.

“Did he just show up out of nowhere? This makes no sense.” She asks me.

“You could say that.” I say glaring at Tao who was giving her a smile.  

“I’m Tao, nice to meet you Seria!”

She nods, “Uh huh, anyways, are we going to go home now? It’s ten right now and I’m tired.”

“Yeah, where is Jimin?”

She points to him, “With Jungkook, you wanna say bye?”

I nod, “Let’s go girl, Tao wait for me outside okay?”

He glares at me as he heads outside to the parking lot. “Jimin! I’m leaving now!”

He waves, “Have a good night's rest yeah?”  

I smile, “Will do, see you in the morning!”

Jungkook winks at Seria as she exits the building with me, “DID YOU SEE THAT?!” She asks me, still looking at the kook.

“Well, yeah it’s kind of gross.”

“He is so perfect.”

“Whatever you say, are you going in a separate car?”

She nods, “I’ll come over in the morning again! See you later!”

“Night babe.”

“NIGHT!”

I watch as she hops into our other manager’s car, Soren.

“That took you long enough.” Tao says as I hop into Jangshik’s car with him.

“Does my brother know about you?”

“Yep.” He says as he closes his eyes.

“Are you just going to sleep?”

“Yep.”

 

Once we entered my house, Byunghun was already sleeping. “Where are you going to sleep?” I ask Tao as I head to my room.

“Your room.”

“WHAT!? I CAN’T SLEEP IN THE SAME BED AS A GUY!” I quietly shout.

“On the floor you ert.” He says, as he s his shirt.

“GO CHANGE IN THE SHOWER! NOT IN FRONT OF ME!”

He rolls his eyes as he throws his shirt off, laying down on the floor and pulling my blanket off of my bed.

“Don’t you need a pillow?”

He looks at me, “Grab me one?”

I head to the closet and grab him two pillows, throwing them at his face. “Are you sleeping now?”

“Problem?”

“Whatever, I have to wake up early tomorrow, you better wake up too!”

“Mhmm.” He replies.

I grab a spare blanket from under my bed, putting it on my bed before I head to the bathroom to change. Afterwards, I lay down and stare at the ceiling. Why is this guy in my life right now? Do I like Jimin? Why does Seria like Jungkook? This day was just all over the place.

 

Many more days will turn out like this, I’m sure of it.