FIVE

MIRACLE IN NOVEMBER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The doctor wrapped Chanyeol’s arm into a cast and readjusted his shoulder bone. Chanyeol came out of the room smiling widely at Baekhyun.

            “I’m alright!” he exclaimed, smiling like an idiot.

            “Of course you’re alright,” Baekhyun said, laughing with him, “A few broken bones but you’re alright.”

            His eyes went past Chanyeol and into the clinic room. The doctor was gesturing for him to meet him inside. Baekhyun wondered why. Chanyeol was still jumping up and down happily beside him.

            “Chanyeol, why don’t you sit down here and wait for me a moment,” Baekhyun told him and went into the room. Chanyeol obediently found a seat and sat down to wait for Baekhyun.

            Baekhyun seated himself in front of the doctor’s desk.

            “Is anything the matter?”

            The doctor faced him and sighed deeply. That worried Baekhyun. Sighs are always a bad sign. The doctor said, after going through a medical checkup on Chanyeol, they found something strange about him.

“He seemed to be a rare case,” the doctor said, “It’s a wonder why the hospital didn’t tell you about this.” Baekhyun just shook his head.

“Him waking up in the first place have been a miracle. Normal people who suffered such injury could not just lost their memories and survive,” the doctor went on explaining, “There’s still possibilities that his condition might worsen.”

Baekhyun looked uneasy. He didn’t know what to say. He couldn’t even ask why, because even the doctors don’t know why.

“How bad will it be?” Baekhyun asked.

“Death,” the doctor replied solemnly. Baekhyun couldn’t hide his gasp. Looking out at the waiting room, Chanyeol was skipping around happily like a little child, without all the worries in the world. While Baekhyun felt as if another rock had been tied onto his shoulder, dragging him down.

“So I suggest you to be prepared,” the doctor told Baekhyun gently, “It might happen anytime. We’d never know.”

Baekhyun nodded and thanked the doctor profusely. When he went out the door, Chanyeol jumped out of his seat almost immediately and rushe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter