ELEVEN

MIRACLE IN NOVEMBER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Here, this is for you,” Chanyeol heard his younger self telling Baekhyun’s younger self. He held the basketball keychain in his hand as he gave it to Baekhyun.

            “This is our special thing for our friendship,” he smiled broadly at Baekhyun. He extended his pinky finger towards Baekhyun.

            “Brothers forever…”

            Without hesitation, Baekhyun intertwined his pinky finger with Chanyeol’s and they made a pact never to break the promise. They hugged each other tightly. They were at the age of seven. How long has it been? Fifteen years?

            Chanyeol woke up with a smile on his face. He rubbed his eyes tiredly. Kicking away his blanket, he pushed himself off his bed. He went over to his drawers and began rummaging through them. Where is it? He asked himself under his breath.

            “There!” He finally found the basketball keychain which was hidden among the other things in his drawer. “Here you are!” He held the keychain in his hand and look at it closely. He soon found another one in his other drawer. Both were exactly the same. He closed his fingers around the keychain.

            He went off to wash up his face and got into his usual casual T-shirt and pants. This time, it’s his turn to pay Baekhyun a visit. Putting the keychain safely in his pocket, he set off towards Baekhyun’s house. He pushed on the doorbell several times, just like how he used to do back then when they were still studying.

            “Okay! Stop it already! I heard you for the first time!” Chanyeol heard Baekhyun’s voice shouting from inside of the house and he can’t help but laughed to himself. The door was suddenly pulled opened and Chanyeol hasn’t got the time to hide that mischievous smile of his.

            “I knew it was you!” Baekhyun said, raising his voice as he poked at Chanyeol playfully. “What brings you here?”

            “I just figure it’s my turn to visit you after you spend so many days at my place,” Chanyeol replied as he took in the surroundings of Baekhyun’s house.

            “You don’t remember any of these, do you?” Baekhyun noticed Chanyeol’s blank look. Chanyeol shook his head silently.

            “Come on, let’s go up to my room,” Baekhyun said, pointing upstairs. Chanyeol greeted Baekhyun’s parents before heading upstairs with Baekhyun. The sight of his room amazed Chanyeol.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter