FOUR

MIRACLE IN NOVEMBER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They came to a small park with a playground and basketball court located in the center of it. Baekhyun felt like he was taking a stroll down the memory lane. He sat down on the swing and started to swing. Chanyeol picked up a basketball from the ground. Obviously, many kids came to play there and they just left the ball there for anyone who wanted to play.

            “Remember this, Baek?” Chanyeol asked as he showed Baekhyun the basketball in his hand. Baekhyun smiled and stood up. Chanyeol dropped the ball on the ground. Baekhyun took it and started the game. After running a few rounds and scoring a lot of goals, both of them were sweating as if they were drenched in the rain.

Chanyeol passed Baekhyun a towel he had brought along. Baekhyun took it and wiped on his own face. The memory of them as children playing happily in that exact same park crossed Baekhyun’s mind. And he smiled. But it soon faded when he realized how much had changed since then.

CLANG! Something hit the metal fences. Looking up, Baekhyun saw the bullies back from their childhood. Five guys wearing leather jackets over simple white singlet. Where did they get the money to buy those expensive leather jackets? Baekhyun thought. They were still picking on smaller guys even now that they have grown up.

“Well, well, well…” the taller guy holding the baseball bat said, “If it isn’t the famous Baekhyun and Chanyeol.”

Baekhyun and Chanyeol used to hang out so often they were inseparable best friends. Both of them studied hard and were given the chance to study outside of that small town while the others were stuck in there, unable to leave. For that, many friends their age envied them. And now this one is seeking for trouble, thought Baekhyun.

Baekhyun was on alert as he watched them approaching nearer and nearer. But Chanyeol had his eyes on a beautiful butterfly that was sitting on a flower petal. When it flew away, Chanyeol skipped along, following it whenever it flew.

“Has your friend gone nuts?” the other kid in the gang said and the others laughed mockingly. Baekhyun clenched his fist and stared at them hard.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter