ONE

MIRACLE IN NOVEMBER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun blew warm breaths onto his hands and shoved them back into the pockets of his winter jacket. He didn’t get himself some gloves because he wanted to cut down on the expenses. Living alone can be costly and Baekhyun was running short on money. His bouncy hair had been flattened by a beanie over his small head. It was the first winter Baekhyun had spent outside of Seoul. He was frozen to the bone, but it felt even colder without the comfort of loved ones. He sighed – forming white fogs - took his luggage and boarded the train.

Home sweet home, he thought without even a hint of joy.

He checked his cellphone once he sat down on his seat. It was a habit he had been doing over the past four months. He hasn’t received any news about Taeyeon from his mother. That means she’s still in a deep sleep in her coma. Not wanting to go back to the hospital only to feel useless, he decided to head to the only house he knew other than his own home after he got off the train.

He walked along the familiar gravel road and turned right to face a big house. The walls were painted with three different colors. Of course, it was painted by Chanyeol himself. Baekhyun lifted his head to see two windows which he used to think as eyes of the house when he was a kid. The curtain behind the window on the right was drawn and the window was tightly shut while the one on the left was wide open and the curtains sway in the wind. Bright sun rays shone into the room.

Baekhyun still remembered how Chanyeol always wakes him up in the morning by pulling back the curtains and let the strong sunlight illuminated the room. He used to sleep over at his place often when they were kids. He can still remember the sunlight almost blinded his eyes every time the curtains were pulled back. Chanyeol loved it so much, which Baekhyun thought was silly since he can’t even open his eyes when the sun was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter