THIRTEEN

MIRACLE IN NOVEMBER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Looking at the necklaces, bracelets and rings through the glass window, Baekhyun soon made up his mind and stepped into the jewelry shop. He fished out his wallet and recounted the money in it. Checking that everything was enough, he put it back into his pocket.

            He greeted the lady at the counter and leaned on the glass countertop and immersed himself in choosing the perfect couple ring for Taeyeon and him. His eyes went from one ring to the other. He wasn’t looking for a diamond ring. This was only for their anniversary. He might get one with the biggest diamond when he plans to propose to her. Baekhyun smiled at his own thought.

            After a while, he pointed to a couple of rings and told the lady to put them into a box for him. He took a look at the rings. They were perfect. It was a simple silver ring with glittering sides and golden rim. The words ‘Endless Love’ was embedded on it in black. Baekhyun slipped his onto his wedding finger and kept Taeyeon’s in a small box which he carefully put it into his bag.

            After leaving the jewelry shop, Baekhyun headed towards the florist for some fresh roses. Wrapping them up beautifully, Baekhyun paid the florist and skipped down the road excitedly. On his way, he bought a single helium-filled pink balloon from an old man selling balloons at the roadside. He headed towards the hospital and went straight to Taeyeon’s room with his hands full of presents and gifts.

            “Happy Anniversary, Taeyeon my love,” Baekhyun whispered in her ear as he settled the roses beside her bed and tied the balloon to her bed. He kissed her cheeks gently. It felt cold to his lips. He touched her face, looking at her closed eyes made his heart sink. He took out that little box containing Taeyeon’s ring. Slowly, he opened the lid. The ring seemed to be shining from inside out.

            With gentle fingers, Baekhyun took Taeyeon’s delicate hand in his. He slipped her couple ring onto her wedding finger. It looked perfect on her slender finger. Baekhyun kissed the back of her hand before putting it down. Baekhyun cleared the water from the vase and replaced it with fresh water before putting the roses in. Pulling back the curtains, Baekhyun breathed in the fresh air and let the sun shine on the roses.

            Just then, Baekhyun’s cellphone rang. Fishing it out, he saw Chanyeol’s name on the scr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter