TEN

MIRACLE IN NOVEMBER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He pushed open the door softly. Baekhyun dragged his tired legs towards the bed where she’s lying. He sat down on the stool beside it and sighed deeply. Every time he came here, he felt as if he had aged over ten years. He felt dreadful, looking at his Sleeping Beauty. Although he was always hoping and praying that she will wake up one day, he felt himself losing faith little by little each day. Looking to his right, Baekhyun marked the calendar standing on the table beside her bed. It had been a year since the accident.

            Running his fingers across Taeyeon’s flawless skin, Baekhyun caressed her face. When are you going to wake up? A tear dropped. He slipped his other hand through hers and intertwined with her fingers. Leaning forward, Baekhyun planted a gentle kiss on Taeyeon’s forehead. Please…

            Something caught Baekhyun’s eyes. He looked up and noticed a bright colored paper swan standing on the table by her bed.

Chanyeol… Baekhyun thought.

After bidding a silent goodbye, Baekhyun went out of the door after looking back at her once. He walked along the dark shadowed corridor of the hospital that eventually led to the front door. Baekhyun fished out his phone from his pocket. He hesitated to call Chanyeol’s house number but then he thought he would just go over there instead. Blocking his eyes from the sun, he stepped out of the shadow casted by the building.

“Baek…” Someone called him from somewhere behind. It was barely a whisper. Baekhyun turned around and saw him leaning against the wall, hidden in the shadows.

“Chanyeol?”

“I…I wanted to say I’m sorry,” Chanyeol’s head was low and he wouldn’t meet Baekhyun’s eyes. “I…I should have listened to you. I should have come home. I…It’s never going to change anything even if I left…”

Chanyeol looked like he wanted to say more but he was interrupted when Baekhyun pulled him in for an embrace so tight it made Chanyeol blinked back his tears.

“No, Chanyeol,” Baekhyun shed some tears as well, “I was sorry. I should’ve told you. I should’ve let you know instead of keeping the truth away from you. You deserved to know the truth.”

“I just…I just thought that you can live happier each day if you didn’t know about it,” Baekhyun sniffled and looked up at Chanyeol. Chanyeol smiled at him through his tears.

            “Now that I’ve known, I will live my life even happier,” Chanyeol said in a soft voice, “As if every day is going to be my last day.”

            “Yes, Chanyeol,” Baekhyun held him tight and they were locked in each other’s embrace for a long long time.

 

          ~   ~   ~

 

“Oh God! Chanyeol! Where have you been?” Yoora hugged Chanyeol tight the first thing the door opened. “How could you run away like that? You had me worried to death!”

            “I’m sorry, sis,” Chanyeol looked apologetically at Yoora.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter